Author Topic: Hasbro 12" Indy Figures  (Read 16698 times)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Hasbro 12" Indy Figures
« on: July 28, 2007, 09:32 PM »
Intersting news that Hasbro and Sideshow are both going to make the 12" scale figures.  I am quite sure I'll pass on Hasbro's but you never know.....
« Last Edit: December 14, 2007, 01:03 PM by Jeff »
Beth

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Hasbro 12 Indiana Jones Line
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:59 PM »
Just saw that on the front page.  As soon as I saw that the 12" will have "whipping action" you know what I thought of?  The new 12" Marvel figures.  All sculpted instead of using soft goods with the GI Joe-style body.  I have a feeling they're going to be very much toys for kids.

Even if Sideshow wasn't doing 12" figures all I really wanted from Hasbro was a decent hat and jacket because the rest I can easily kitbash.  I've even got a decent head sculpt that's probably better than what Hasbro would do, but not better than Sideshow's if the proto is any indication.

I'll hold judgement on this but I'm thinking it'll really be a kids toy line that collectors won't be interested in much. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 10:39 PM »
Chances are i wont be buying the Hasbro version and stick with the sideshow version. I too imagined an all sculpted 12 inch action figure.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 01:46 AM »
Surprisingly not bad.  I'd almost buy that for the head and accessories.  Have to wait and see what they do with their 12" line.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2007, 07:21 AM »
Well i guess we were wrong. Its not too bad.

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 11:18 AM »
I agree-it's not that bad.  I'll see what Sideshow throws my way but I could pick the Hasbro version up if I find a good deal on it.
Beth

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Hasbro 12" Indy Figures
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 04:41 PM »
Okay, so the pictures are posted of the ark and I gotta admit....I might just plunk down the cash for the 12" figures to get the ark.  I was pretty excited to see that you can open it (hey, it's Hasbro....one never knows). 

Beth

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2008, 11:17 PM »
I was pretty excited to see that you can open it (hey, it's Hasbro....one never knows). 

Unfortunately, none of my pictures turned out but the interior of the 12" ark they had on display they had was fully sculpted with "holy sand" inside. 

No angels of death appeared when they opened it though... :D
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2008, 06:08 PM »
I wish they hadn't done the Ark as a mail-in promo.  I'm betting that Sideshow will do an accessory set for Indy that will include the Ark and I'll probably hold out for that.  I can't see myself buying four Hasbro 12" figures for that promo. 

Unfortunately Hasbro isn't using anywhere near their best 12" body sculpt for any of those figures.  Still, the Indy with the jacket is slightly tempting just for the outfit. 

E...

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2008, 06:33 PM »
That Ark is a thing of beauty, but I couldn't care less about any of the 12" figures.

Some of those 12"ers have clearance written all over them.  The mail-in is good until the end of October.  Surely Wal-Mart or Target will be closing those things out before then?
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2008, 06:38 PM »
I feel the same way about the ark but dont see myself buying for 12 inch figures for it. I am hoping Sideshow releases one but one can never tell. Sucks that it takes 4, maybe if it was 2 i would consider it and give the figures away to a nephew but 4 is too much.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2008, 11:22 AM »
So, has anyone picked up any of the Indy 12" figures (the Hasbro ones anyways)?  As much as I'd like to get the Sideshow version, I just can't really afford it, so I've been considering picking up one of the cheaper Hasbro ones.  I'd kind of like to have a 12" Indy figure, so I've been thinking about picking up the jacketless version.  I believe this has "whipping action", and I'd rather have one with a jacket - but the "talking" version looks kind of off to me.  I may just pass on these totally anyways, but I was wondering if anyone here has picked any of them up.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2008, 11:57 AM »
I haven't but I've looked them over pretty good a couple of times.  I was hoping to get the talking Indy for the outfit but can't quite bring myself to do it.

Ideally what would be best is to get both and transplant the outfit from the talking Indy and the head from the whip-action Indy to a super articulated GI Joe body.  I'm not going to spend $40 to do it, though.

E...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2008, 01:13 AM »
I am thinking about it, because do I really need to spend $80 on Sideshow's version?  Or should I settle for the much more affordable $20 version from Hasbro?  Hasbro's is actually a better buy for what you get.  SS is about $40-$50 overpriced.