Author Topic: Indiana Jones & SDCC 2007  (Read 12646 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Indiana Jones & SDCC 2007
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2007, 09:44 AM »
What I'm really gonna like about this line is that it should be fairly small, and easy to be a completist with, I'd think.  It's just not as toy-friendly a license as Star Wars is, and it's rather limited in nature.  No helmeted troops, really, not too many characters, and not a lot of costume changes.

I'm anticipating that this will be a fun line to collect--and not as much of a chore, like it's cousin has gotten to be over the years. . .

This is what I'm kind of hoping for as well.  I'm really looking forward to this Indy line, and I hope to collect the whole works too.  I just hope it isn't overly large either, because keeping up with Star Wars alone is enough work sometimes.  Like Matt mentioned, there isn't the helmeted-troops aspect that SW has, so there might not be as much to make there.  There are four movies to choose from, so we'll see, but a nice little 12-18 month line would be just fine with me too.  Heck, I would have been pretty pleased with just that SA jacketed Indy figure, so the fact that we're getting a larger line is just gravy to me.

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2007, 11:29 AM »
2008...best year ever

isnt that what everyone was saying about this year? :-\

Nobody can rain on my parade ;D  I have been waiting for some decent Indy toys ever since the vintage line died.  Between Hasbro's line and Sideshow's as well as all the great SW stuff coming next year it will be an awesome year for me!

Sorry to hear about the woes up north though.  I was in Europe (Germany and England) during the ESB, ROTJ, Raiders, and Temple of Doom days and trying to collect over there was a major headache, so I can defintiely feel your pain.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2007, 12:50 PM »
Plus (which is a rant more towards hasbro Canada) we are going to miss the last few waves which makes me think at this rate i will be lucky to see wave 4 or 5, which is just dumb. "Yes but this happens to Canada every year" yeah i have heard that before but the only thing i hear when people say that is that Hasbro is making no attempt to fix it.
Like someone over at Snowtroopers said "TAC= The Absent Collection"

Thanks for responding.

I hate to say it, but if you're in Canada and collecting, you've been getting screwed with every single line that's ever occurred in the modern era.  Every.  Single.  One.  The last waves never make it here, ever. 

As for Hasbro fixing things, well, I'm guessing broadly saying "Hasbro" has little meaning.  Hasbro Canada on the other hand could play a role, but they don't seem to care and neither do retailers.  The only store up here carrying any amount of product is TRU but when you combine they're lack of clearancing out old product and Hasbro's nasty habit of shipping whatever they have in stock (old first out, new waits til old waves are sold through), it's not pretty.  Walmart doesn't have any love for the line at all and hasn't for a very long time, since at least AOTC, probably because they were burned badly by excess TPM product.  Zellers is just way too hit and miss. 

But you know all that.  I guess all I'm saying is complaining about it hasn't done anything since the last waves of POTF2 freeze frames never made it here.  Find alternate sources (I know, you're young and that makes it harder) either online or through the boards. 

But none of that really discounts speedermike's point that 2008 is shaping up to be really nice.  And while we aren't getting the Legends figurs on the pegs the US has, we're only a single wave behind them at the moment other than re-carded figures, so we're not THAT bad.  I'm certain you're correct and it will get worse though. 

And apparently Gentle Giant also has the Indy license, so that could be bad news as well. 
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2007, 12:38 AM »
This all looks great! I will definitely collect this line. I will army build the GH snake, very cute! I like Marion and Indy a lot. My only question is where's Toht? For me to be REALLY excited about this we need a Toht. All in all, very nice stuff!  8)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2007, 11:37 AM »
Toht would be neat since he was important and had an original figure and all, but is that kind of a figure ok in today's world?  I wonder... 

There was? Is there a picture?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2007, 12:06 PM »

He even has the image of the Staff of Ra medallion burned into his right hand!

Some good info and pics on the vintage line at this link.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2007, 03:19 PM »
This line will be 99% collector driven...from a five year old's perspective, this has got to be the most boring line of figures slated for 2008.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2007, 03:46 PM »
This line will be 99% collector driven...from a five year old's perspective, this has got to be the most boring line of figures slated for 2008.

Which makes the action-feature Indy with whip all the more strange in my mind.  I'm looking at the line (outside the GH stuff, which is still probably 75% collector driven, the other 25% being collectors with kids) and thinking adults only kind of stuff (no, not naked Marion figures) so that piece is just....odd.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: August 1, 2007, 01:31 AM »
Nostalgia-driven choice maybe?  The original's whipping feature was pretty neat...  I lost his revolver into the register vent pretty much immediately. :(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 1, 2007, 02:02 AM »
Could be, I didn't have the vinty figs, so didn't know there was a whipping action feature previously.  Would make sense then.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #40 on: August 1, 2007, 03:34 AM »
Yeah, Indy's right arm was "spring action".  Not sure if you're familiar with them but it was very in line with some Western figures Kenner made at the time...  Very similar designs, you could tell the same people worked on the two lines.  Indy's holster was made for the "quick draw" feature as well as a whipping action, but the quick draw was only a quick way to lose your inky dinky pistol they gave you. :( 

Loved that whip though...  Piece of string with brown tape, haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 1, 2007, 12:31 PM »
I just realized something...where's Sean Connery!?!  :o

Maybe since he's said he's not gonna be in the new movie he wont let Hasbro make a figure of him.   ???
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #42 on: August 1, 2007, 01:23 PM »
I just realized something...where's Sean Connery!?!  :o

Maybe since he's said he's not gonna be in the new movie he wont let Hasbro make a figure of him.   ???

. . .Or maybe. . .  every item shown thus far was from Raiders, and Connery didn't appear in the series until Last Crusade.
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 1, 2007, 02:33 PM »
[theme song music]YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!![/theme song music]
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: August 1, 2007, 04:09 PM »
Someone needs to photoshop Connery with a massive bullet wound to his head, wearing panties and he's obviously been sexually assaulted...  Let the mystery begin from there.
« Last Edit: August 1, 2007, 04:09 PM by Jesse James »