Author Topic: Thoughts on the Droid Factory "Build A Figure" Idea?  (Read 49993 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory Build A Figure
« Reply #120 on: February 22, 2008, 09:09 AM »

Bass-o-matic-R7.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 09:18 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #121 on: March 15, 2008, 05:07 PM »
Scum's saying E-3PO with an ESB wave, U-3PO with an ANH wave, and G-3PO with a ROTS wave...  Lots of protocol droids, and that's cool I guess.  I think I prefer astro's just because they go better with pilots, however I was hoping we'd see a silver protocol droid and that is seemingly what's going to happen.

I don't know who G-3PO is, but hey the more the merrier.  Not really sure on E either for that matter.

Anyway, Scum's still claiming ESB and ANH waves as well.  Both better have Rebel Troopers in them, each super articulated with removable hats/helmets.   >:(  Dag nabbit.

EDIT:  Also a "female droid" for an unknown wave...  Repaint wave?  That'd be my guess, but who the droid is I'm curious about.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:17 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 15, 2008, 05:22 PM »
E-3PO is the droid that says something snotty to C-3PO at Bespin.   Then C-3PO says "How rude!"  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/E-3PO

U-3PO of course is from the Rebel Blockade Runner.  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/U-3PO

This is all I could find on G-3PO?  http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/G-3PO  Not sure if that is what this rumor is about though? 

I am exactly a bit geeked for the E and U droids. 

I wonder if the the ANH wave will actually give us the SA Blockade Runner soldier?  Just guessing that since it would fit in nicely with the U-3PO

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: March 15, 2008, 05:24 PM »
I was thinking E was from Bespin but then I was thinking 2 Chrome droids is a little lame.  Not that they wouldn't do that of course, just seemed a little lame.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 15, 2008, 06:19 PM »
Hopefully the female droid is Bail's server droid!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 15, 2008, 09:26 PM »
I was thinking E was from Bespin but then I was thinking 2 Chrome droids is a little lame.  Not that they wouldn't do that of course, just seemed a little lame.

There are some slight differences between E-3PO and U-3PO.  The most noticeable being that the midsections are colored differently.  And I think there might be pistons on the outside of E-3PO's arms.

U-3PO - Tantive IV

E-3PO - Cloud City
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 16, 2008, 10:15 AM »
Good choices, especially for the themes. Hope this rumor turns out just as is.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 16, 2008, 10:45 AM »
I think the biggest differentiating factor between the two is that U-3PO is a very pale gold (almost like a washed-out C-3PO) while E-3PO is clearly a silver (sorta like TC-14).  Then there are the waist differences as mentioned.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #128 on: March 16, 2008, 12:13 PM »
Think I still might've preferred something a little more "substantial" in difference I think, but either way it's nice to get OT characters wrapped up ultimately, regardless of how slight the differences are.

To me it's like the differences in CZ3 and CZ4 though...  Not significant enough for me to really clamor for a repaint right now.  Not in a row anyway.  Maybe a year apart.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 16, 2008, 01:16 PM »
I think just like the Astro units we seen in the first two waves that they used two different molds to give us four different figures.  and that theses waves will be the same.  same molds painted differently to give us different figures
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 17, 2008, 09:28 AM »
These sound pretty good to me.  Two of them (E and U-3PO) are at least droids that were on screen, and will be nice additions.  I'm just glad to see that two of the waves are rumored to be OT-based.  I like all of Star Wars, but I've been starving for some more OT goodness.  With these rumors (along with the UBPs), it might be shaping up for some nice stuff towards the end of the year.  I'm with Jesse (and others), I really hope we get SA, "ultimate" Rebel soldiers with each of these waves.  Personally, I'm kind of excited for this whole Build-A-Droid concept.  I buy pretty much all of the figures these days anyways, so its nice to get an extra figure for our troubles.  I'd rather have these than the holos or coins at this point I guess.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 17, 2008, 09:40 AM »
Good choices, especially for the themes. Hope this rumor turns out just as is.

I agree. I want a voice chip in the E-3P0 so it can say "Echuta!". I know it won't happen but one can dream.  :)
I remember my dream now.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #132 on: March 17, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Build-A-Droid is the only thing making the price bump more palletable to me actually...  It's a cool idea, it's giving us stuff that ultimately we're happy to buy (at least most of us) on its own, and when Jeff broke the pricing down, the accounting instincts came to life in me and reminded me that it's really a better deal and ultimately all on stuff I'd buy anyway.

BaD has really been a good thing to offset that $8 a figure price for sure.  Only problem is army building and having a ton of parts I probably won't need.   :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 19, 2008, 05:31 AM »
I want a voice chip in the E-3P0 so it can say "Echuta!". I know it won't happen but one can dream.  :)

What a great idea!  Hey, if R2 can have electronics, why not a 3PO too?  8)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2008, 09:29 AM »
I want a voice chip in the E-3P0 so it can say "Echuta!". I know it won't happen but one can dream.  :)

What a great idea!  Hey, if R2 can have electronics, why not a 3PO too?  8)

Good point. I love the idea too.