Author Topic: Thoughts on the Droid Factory "Build A Figure" Idea?  (Read 50076 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Droid Factory Build A Figure
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2007, 05:39 PM »
Scorponock Droid looks pretty.  Never knew about that one.  What make that Battle Droid Ultra?  His rib gun and spurs?

Looks like he also has a shoulder canon.

I would be psyched with either of these as BAFs.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2007, 05:41 PM »
I want the Annihilator Droid as a deluxe... love that design.

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2007, 07:36 PM »
What make that Battle Droid Ultra?  His rib gun and spurs?

If I recall correctly, he not only has the second set of arms on his torso, the spurs, a big ass shoulder cannon, and a flashy red dot on his forehead, but he's also about four times as big as a regular SBD.  The story he was first shown in was in the Clone Wars Adventures digest comics (the ones done in the style of the CN cartoon) and Mace and Saesee Tiin made pretty short work of him.  Apparently they have some kind of mass disruptor that makes it nearly impossible for a Jedi to use a Force Push on them.

The Annihilator Droid, btw, is based on discarded concept art from AOTC.  Initially Lucas vetoed any other droids for the end battle besides the BDs, SBDs, and Droidekas, and the Annihilator was axed pretty early on.  Then Lucas decided to have the art department make more droids (Dwarf Spider, Homing Spider, Tank Droid, etc), but for whatever reason, the Annihilator never made the film.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2007, 11:51 PM »
I really just want small simple sandcrawler droids. Little random droids we would not normally get.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2007, 05:20 AM »
Watch them give us the Saga Legends Battle Droid. Collect all 5 to build one of the crappiest figures of all time! :D

Take it one step further to the Transformers (Devastator) route, build 5 droids that combine into one super droid. ;)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2007, 10:56 AM »
Oh that Annihilator droid is sweet! And a fairly easy custom. Two S.T.A.P.s, and a modified spider droid can account for most of that. Just the rest of the body to creat and bam, it's done.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:05 PM by Jeff »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2007, 11:23 AM »
Why don't they just rerelease the old droid factory (maybe with some new droid parts) and be done with it?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 21, 2007, 02:18 PM »

When I first heard about this promotion, this is the droid that immediately entered my mind. I think this could totally work. The thing about this droid is it could be divided into six big pieces (the midsection, the two big guns and the three legs), or I'm sure if Hasbro tried they could make it into thirty smaller pieces. I think this is a great candidate.

Watch them give us the Saga Legends Battle Droid. Collect all 5 to build one of the crappiest figures of all time! :D

*shudder* Don't say that!  :P
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2007, 02:48 PM »
The thing about this droid is it could be divided into six big pieces (the midsection, the two big guns and the three legs), or I'm sure if Hasbro tried they could make it into thirty smaller pieces. I think this is a great candidate.

We'd be missing a leg then, this puppy's got 4.  ;)

« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 02:51 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2007, 03:53 PM »
actually if you look a little closer they both have four legs, its just harder to see in the first picture.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 05:05 PM by Jeff »
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2007, 03:58 PM »
actually if you look a little closer they both have four legs, its just harder to see in the first picture.

Yep, I just posted different angle. "This puppy" was in reference to the first pic  ;)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2007, 04:09 PM »
gotcha :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 02:25 PM »
I was reading through the Figure of the Day feature at GH, and noticed this part of the review of CZ-4:

The figure has a unique undocumented feature which, from the look of things, was entirely intentional. It can be pulled apart at the waist, and there's a peg that looks like it was meant to be seen by fans. In short, it seems like Hasbro designed this figure to be dismantled, perhaps for future torture rack use, build-a-figure possibilities, or some other reason.

With the recent rumblings that the BAF waves will involve astromechs and protocol droids, could this be a sign of things to come?  Perhaps parts of CZ-4 are going to be used in these future pack ins, or maybe not, but hopefully we'll see this weekend.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2008, 02:45 PM »
I was reading through the Figure of the Day feature at GH, and noticed this part of the review of CZ-4:

The figure has a unique undocumented feature which, from the look of things, was entirely intentional. It can be pulled apart at the waist, and there's a peg that looks like it was meant to be seen by fans. In short, it seems like Hasbro designed this figure to be dismantled, perhaps for future torture rack use, build-a-figure possibilities, or some other reason.

With the recent rumblings that the BAF waves will involve astromechs and protocol droids, could this be a sign of things to come?  Perhaps parts of CZ-4 are going to be used in these future pack ins, or maybe not, but hopefully we'll see this weekend.

I'd definitely say that is a possibility. I never knew CZ-4 even pulled apart like that, I'll have to check that out on mine next time I'm down home. If that is a sign, hopefully that means we can expect some nicely articulated BAF droids. :)
"This is the way."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2008, 03:28 PM »
I really love the BAF concept and am happy that Hasbro seems to have finally adopted it into the Star Wars line. It seems like all we will be getting is Droids though. If all of the BAF will be Droids i hope they make a wide variety of Droids and not just protocol and R2/R5 base figures.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"