Author Topic: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)  (Read 45013 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: G.I. Joe - The Movie (Live Action)
« Reply #105 on: April 30, 2008, 11:55 AM »
This movie is getting scarrier and scarrier all the time.

Accelerator suits -  Makes them move fast. What are these guys? Superheros?

Nano-bomb - A bomb that destroys buildings and machinery but not people? Sounds like the Nude Bomb CHAOS was working on in the first Get Smart movie.

Neo-vipers - Super-soliders enhansed with nanotech. Good. The "Doctor" repairs Destro after a fight with Duke? But the Doctor can control Destro's mind? And the Doctor is really Cobra Commander? What??? Why can't we just have Doctor Mindbender and not Cobra Commander doing this?

Invisibility Armor - Scarlett wears it for missions and fun? Fun? Does this Invisibility Armor only work when she's naked like in Ghost in the Machine?

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 30, 2008, 01:10 PM »
At least the nano bombs and neo vipers are right out of the first arc of Devil's Due relaunch comic book.  The super suits sound like **** though.

Common sense isn't so common

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 30, 2008, 03:18 PM »
I'm reminded why I don't read a lot of spoilers about some films.  Sometimes I'd just rather not know (Indy, Iron Man) and sometimes it pisses me off because things start sounding really ****** (GI Joe).

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 6, 2008, 11:02 AM »
If any of that's true, this movie so blows.

Accelerator suits: Suits that allow the GI Joe squad to run faster, jump super-high, smash through walls, and shrug off bullets.
Nano-bomb: A bomb that Cobra Commander wants to launch. When activated, a swarm of nanites are released that eat all of the buildings and machinery, without harming any of the people.
Neo-Vipers: Super-soldiers enhanced by nanotech, so they can’t feel pain or remorse. A mad scientist, known only as the Doctor, creates these soldiers for Destro, who’s horribly disfigured after a fight with Duke. Destro wears a mask made out of nanotechnology, which allows the Doctor, aka Commander, to control his mind.
Invisibility Armor: Scarlett (Rachel Nichols) wears an invisibility armor, wearing it on missions and for fun. Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) has the hots for Scarlett, who says she’ll date him if he can shoot her on an obstacle course. He fails to do so.
Backstory: A backstory involves a romance between Duke (Tatum) and the evil Baroness (Sienna Miller).

The Joes are suppose to be the best of the best and they need special suits to go fast, through walls or shrug off bullets??? WTF?

Destro wears the mask because he is disfigured?? Not because of tradition (and it's Snakes that wears the mask because of disfiguration.

Invisibility Armor?? 'nuff said.

Romance between Ripcord and Scarlett, not Snakes and Scarlett, not to mention Duke and Baroness?

Talk about creative freedom. Here they can make a blockbuster Marvel hit with Iron Man and if this is what is going to be GI JOE, then it's a sad day in the world.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 7, 2008, 08:29 PM »
SHH has a look at Heavy Duty from the upcoming Joe movie, as well as links to new pics of Destro, Storm Shadow (with mask), Breaker, The Baroness, and General Hawk.  These seem to be all different from the ones that were leaked a few weeks ago.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 7, 2008, 10:53 PM »
Let me get this straight. The Doctor is playing Destro and he doesn't have to wear his mask?  ok.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #111 on: May 8, 2008, 12:23 AM »
The more I hear about this movie, the more I dislike it.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 16, 2008, 02:54 PM »
Just Jared has some behind the scenes/filming pics of Duke (Channing Tatum) and Snake Eyes (Ray Park) from the GI Joe film, if anyone is interested.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 16, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Okay, first of all, the picture gallery on that web site sucks.  Second, it sucks only slightly less than the ridiculous outfits Duke and Ripcord have on.  And third, while the initial Snake Eyes photos looked good, these look terrible. 

I originally thought that his suit was more like a tight fitting body armor but now it looks like they're trying to make Snake Eyes into Arnold circa 1985.

The loud swooshing sound you all just heard coming from NY was the sounds of my hope for this film being flushed with yesterday's Chinese lunch special.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Paul

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 16, 2008, 04:45 PM »
They were filming GI Joe, when all of a sudden the Iron Man sequel broke out..

I've got a bad feeling about this...
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 04:51 PM by Paul »

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #115 on: May 16, 2008, 06:31 PM »
The guy in black looks more like Destro than Snake Eyes.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 16, 2008, 07:25 PM »
Yeah, he just doesn't have his visor on.  But the size of that...whatever it is, that Ray's wearing is huge.  It looks like it should be part of one of the old Batman outfits.

E...

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 23, 2008, 03:27 PM »
A poster has been revealed for next summer's G.I. Joe movie (this particular poster features Duke).  It also reveals (at least for now) the subtitle/full title of the movie: G.I. Joe - Rise of Cobra.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 23, 2008, 03:32 PM »
Looks like the Punisher.  meh..

It also reveals (at least for now) the subtitle/full title of the movie: G.I. Joe - Rise of Cobra.

Transformers 2: The Fallen
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra

I'm trying to add something together here, but it's just not working.   :-\
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 23, 2008, 03:35 PM »
I like the scar on his cheek.  A little nod to the vintage 12" figures, maybe?  Or just coincidence?  

I have to say that to look down the list of actors in this film, it's actually kind of impressive.  I just fear for the outcome.

E...