Author Topic: Batman - The Dark Knight  (Read 45597 times)

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
Re: Batman - The Dark Knight
« Reply #135 on: July 3, 2008, 02:24 PM »
Largely unflattering...

Totally OT, but has IGN migrated its sites to ******* geocities or something?  The last few times I've been there (not just for this, but regular IGN, Rotten Tomatoes, etc.), it's taken an eternity to load each page....
« Last Edit: July 3, 2008, 02:25 PM by Sprry75 »
"Really?  Sorry."

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 4, 2008, 05:05 PM »
Even though this movie is not even out yet, who should be the villian for the next?
I read that the Joker was going to be in the next one also, well I wounder who would step into the role now if they go down that road? 

I read that they are leaning towards the "Riddler"

I would hope they would consider Catwoman.. who out of Hollywiers current hotties would make a Great Catwoman? Megan Fox? Hmmmm

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 4, 2008, 06:49 PM »

I hope not. I never liked the Riddler as a villain, he's too similar to the Joker for me.

who out of Hollywiers current hotties would make a Great Catwoman? Megan Fox? Hmmmm

Halle Berry? I for one think she'd make a great Catwoman.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 4, 2008, 06:51 PM »

I hope not. I never liked the Riddler as a villain, he's too similar to the Joker for me.

who out of Hollywiers current hotties would make a Great Catwoman? Megan Fox? Hmmmm

Halle Berry? I for one think she'd make a great Catwoman.
Ummm I think she did play the Catwoman in that horrible movie ( not surprised you missed most people did )
what about Mr.Freeze?

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 4, 2008, 07:47 PM »
Halle Berry as Catwoman...    horrible, nuff said.

I could see them doing a Catwoman, even a new Riddler, Poison Ivy, Bane, Penguin & Mr. Freeze. As for others, King Tut, The Mad Hatter, Egghead, Harley Quinn, Clayface or maybe Ventriloquist & Scarface would be cool.

Let's see how they do with the Two Face character.  ;)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 6, 2008, 07:09 PM »
My only worry for future films is that they start doubling up the villains.  If they'd matched Harley Quinn up with the Joke that wouldn't have been bad, I've always thought of her as more of a sidekick (don't follow the comics so don't know if that holds true there).

Otherwise I hope they stick with the single villains.  Penguin would be good, Two Face now that they've apparently, introduced him, Poison Ivy, Man-Bat, Mr. Freeze.  How about Killer Croc?  Since Spider-Man seemed to not want to get into the Lizard even after introducing Curt Connors, why not?

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #141 on: July 6, 2008, 08:29 PM »
I'd love to see the Penguin turn up at some point, but in the role he currently holds in the comics (semi-legit nightclub owner/boss man) and not as a bumbling main baddie.

I'd also like to see them avoid some of the more recent villians (Catwoman, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Riddler) and focus on someone new like Scarface/Ventriloquist, Black Mask, Deathstroke, or League of Assasins (Lady Shiva or Talia).

And hopefully, when they get around to introducing Robin, he's not a twenty-something prick like O'Donnell was...   ::)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 7, 2008, 10:05 AM »
I'd kind of like to see the Penguin turn up as well, in the same scenario as Jeff mentioned.  I remember the character being rumored for awhile in early preproduction (played by Philip Seymour Hoffman or Bob Hoskins if I remember correctly), so maybe that is a route they would go.  I also read at one point that the Joker was intended to be in the third movie as well, but I don't know how that will play out now with the Ledger situation.  I think Catwoman would be cool to see done again (and done well), but thinking of how the "world" of this movie is (realistic as possible) that maybe Black Mask or Deathstroke might be a good choice as well.

I'm probably in the minority of people that wouldn't mind seeing Dick Grayson/Robin introduced into this movie-verse.  I've seen comments that Christian Bale is quite against it (and I'm guessing fandom as well), but it kind of stinks that the movie(s) really tainted that character so much.  In the comics (and in Batman: TAS), Robin is actually a pretty cool character I think - but the general populace has such a tainted vision of the character at this point.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 7, 2008, 11:52 AM »
I wouldn't mind seeing Robin but I can't get the previous film version out of my head.  Nothing against Chris O'Donnell, I think it was just a badly done character.

Of course they could always be sneaky and do Nightwing instead. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline BillCable

• Jedi General
  • CreatureCantina.com SUCKS!!
    • View Profile
    • CreatureCantina.com
« Reply #144 on: July 7, 2008, 12:06 PM »
It'd be interesting if Robin were actually a 12-year-old kid instead of a 26-year-old guy pretending to be 17.
Bill Cable - Steeler Fan & Star Wars Collector
  http://CreatureCantina.com       
"Cable is incapable of contributing anything positive to this world" - cstoj

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 7, 2008, 11:30 PM »
I remember hearing somewhere that if Robin was introduced that Christain Bale wouldnt sign on
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 8, 2008, 08:51 AM »
Want to see actual in movie pics of Two Face?

(Note: clicking above won't take you directly to the pics, but to another forum where the links are posted)

I have no self control, I clicked.  And he looks ******* awesome.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 8, 2008, 10:24 AM »
I remember hearing somewhere that if Robin was introduced that Christain Bale wouldnt sign on

Ah yup.

The Dark Knight star Christian Bale has said he’s quit the superhero franchise if the producers ever decide to reintroduce Batman’s sidekick Robin. “If Robin crops up in one of the new Batman films, I’ll be chaining myself up somewhere and refusing to go to work.”

Two Face is going to be good, hell the whole frickin' movie is going to be good. The early reviews I have read are saying this is the best Batman flick thus far & the Joker rulz!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 8, 2008, 04:05 PM »
Want to see actual in movie pics of Two Face?

(Note: clicking above won't take you directly to the pics, but to another forum where the links are posted)

I have no self control, I clicked.  And he looks ******* awesome.

No self control here either, thanks for passing it along.  I don't mind seeing some pics though, but I really haven't tried to find anything relating to the plot/story of the movie so far.

We purchased our tickets for this for the 19th, just to be sure we could get in on opening weekend.  I heard on a podcast that current statistics (from Fandango.com) have The Dark Knight outselling the previous best-presell (Spidey 3) by an 8 to 1 margin.  I thought it might be a good idea to pre-buy just in case.

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 8, 2008, 05:02 PM »
I've got tickets to a 7/19 IMAX showing as well.  ;D
"Really?  Sorry."