Author Topic: Custom Cantina Project  (Read 40326 times)

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Cantina tables with lights
« Reply #45 on: November 2, 2008, 07:39 PM »
could somebody redirect me to wher i saw upcoming figure(s) that come with a cantina round table. Did I see that within a few months ago or was it my imagination?

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: could somebody redirect me?
« Reply #46 on: November 2, 2008, 08:15 PM »
Legacy Wave 5 - A New Hope

See the thread for more info but it still unclear whether or not Hasbro is going to include the tables with this wave.
"This is the way."

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Cantina tables with lights
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2010, 01:27 PM »
Sorry about the poor lighting of the room. Please let me know what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhfM9y_pryM

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Cantina tables with lights
« Reply #48 on: March 3, 2010, 08:08 PM »
Do to the lack of responces I will try to redo this presentation with step by step pictures with better light

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2010, 05:40 PM »
Is my vid that bad?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2010, 03:11 AM »
That's interesting that the tealights you got fit the table casts exactly.  Pretty good luck there, to add the perfect moodlighting to a Cantina diorama.  The casting's a bit of a step for a lot of customizers, but the basic principle of lighting those tables is sound.

Pretty cool video Patreek, thanks for sharing that.  I like when things like that light up as they should...  It's inspiring me.  I don't have many of those tables but I may toy with the extra one I do have and see about lighting it just because it's that simple. 

Another source for LED's is hobby places often sell them by the bagfull for a low price...  Sometimes tinted as well.  Also Michaels has a huge variety of light sources.  Seriously I scour Michaels with coupons all the time for light-sources for anything from vehicles to dioramas to stuff like you have here.  They're one of my favorite places to go for that stuff. :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 29, 2010, 12:54 PM »
I think its pretty awesome - not sure why I haven't seen this before.  The finished tables are simply amazing.  What I'm wondering is if you need to cast any part of the table or if you can just use the Hasbro table to make these?  Also, is there an easy access on/off switch for these?  I would love to set something like this up , but not if I had to leave it on all the time or I had to assemble/disassemble every time I wanted to show it.

Overall though, very cool looking deisgn.  Thanks for sharing!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 3, 2010, 11:37 PM »
Thanks for taking the time for giving me feedback. The original tables will fit the tea lights. I'm working on a big project for C5  but I plan to make seats next. I'm wondering if Hasbro is coming out with some. I hope to clone them. If not I will have to sculpt my own original piece.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2010, 11:24 PM »
I picked up some of these cheap tea lights Patreek used for a project of my own.  I'm lighting a different table.  The one flaw they have is a "flickering" candlelight effect built into the LED I believe, which IIRC the Cantina tables were a constant light and things.  The effect's kind of neat though for other applications.  For $1 you get two lightsources with batteries, wired for you, and on/off switch...  That's unto itself not a bad little deal. 

They're a tad of a pain to break open, but they can be broken open.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2010, 11:56 PM »
So I was pissing with these a little more...  I'm working on a project to do with a Turbo Tank I got for $40-ish....  and as an aside, let me just say that taking the TT apart is one major pain in the ass!  :)

But anyway, I'm thinking if I can find inexpensive LED's, I think I can wire constant light ones that aren't tinted (the tealights are an orange tint and I'm wanting either a blue or white light) right into the little system these tea lights provide.  The $.50 deal of a ready-made little light system is sorta kaput, but if you can find LED's cheap in bulk it's not so bad (if you plan on doing a lot of this stuff).

Hats off to Patreek for the source of cheap lights, power, etc., all wired for you though.  This has a lot of applications for customizing if you use a little ingenuity.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 22, 2010, 12:03 PM »
That's pretty cool, Patreek! Good luck with finishing the rest of it. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2010, 02:41 PM »
the flickering stops if you change the LED.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2010, 02:43 PM »
also I got 5 clear LEDs from a 1$flash light from the dollar store. Radio shack was too expensive.

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
A questio to help me on my redo of a dio
« Reply #58 on: August 24, 2011, 05:31 AM »
I am redoing my Cantina Dio and correcting my initial errors. I am melding the latest cross section book  image VS movie pics and initial bluprints. There is no canonic version of the cantina because it was created in three diferent countries....I'm on a ran't. I'm trying to come to a consensus on if there are windows in the cubicles.  From the outside? No. From the inside..maybe.  I've heard of it being fake solar light panels simulating windows. Then there is this new 1:6 scale model of a cubicle with a window that shows a speeder outside? If I get a vote and there is interrest in this I will post pics.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: A questio to help me on my redo of a dio
« Reply #59 on: August 24, 2011, 12:36 PM »
I'm curious to see what you have going.
This is the way.

I have spoken.