Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2008!  (Read 25137 times)

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2008
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2008, 06:23 PM »
I really am surprised we haven't seen the Spider Droid yet.   ???

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 5, 2008, 08:27 AM »
Me neither Chewie.  But hopefully this year we will.  It would be a nice way to round out some stuff from the Prequels. 

Spider Droid
AT-TE
mini-Spider Droid
Tri-Droid
Hailfire Droid
repainted Tank (can't remember the name?)
That other walker Tank?
AT-RT's
STAP's
Tri-Fighters
Droid Fighters

Now if they would just release a TURBO-TANK I'd almost feel complete :)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 5, 2008, 11:51 AM »
If there really is a BAF initiative underway,, then I'm most anxious to hear about this.  30 figures is a pretty big requirement, so hopefully this is really multiple BAFs.  :o
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 7, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Just checking for sure, but is Toy Fair next weekend, as in Feb 15-17?  I thought that's when it was, but I couldn't remember for sure.  I wonder what we'll see now, beyond the first three TAC waves that we've now seen.  Hopefully we'll at least get a look/confirmation on what is coming for Clone Wars, the AT-TE, and rumored Falcon (and some other OT goodness).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 7, 2008, 12:47 PM »
Just checking for sure, but is Toy Fair next weekend, as in Feb 15-17? 

Yes, the fun begins next weekend...

Hasbro's Collector Media Day events are planned for Saturday, February 16th (from about 1pm EST to 6pm EST).  Hopefully (if all goes according to plan), we should be able to start posting pictures and updates on Saturday evening.

As for the rest of the coverage (Gentle Giant, LEGO, etc), Toy Fair 2008 officially starts on Sunday, February 17th and runs through Wednesday February 20th
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 7, 2008, 03:38 PM »
Just checking for sure, but is Toy Fair next weekend, as in Feb 15-17? 

Yes, the fun begins next weekend...

Hasbro's Collector Media Day events are planned for Saturday, February 16th (from about 1pm EST to 6pm EST).  Hopefully (if all goes according to plan), we should be able to start posting pictures and updates on Saturday evening.

As for the rest of the coverage (Gentle Giant, LEGO, etc), Toy Fair 2008 officially starts on Sunday, February 17th and runs through Wednesday February 20th

A whole nother week? That's what you said when Biggs and Tank left...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 8, 2008, 09:10 AM »
Well, with waves 3 and 4 all but revealed, some of the excitement wind has been taken out for me. Still, it'll be exciting to see the AT-TE.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2008, 05:22 PM »
From the Toy Fair Press Release...

From Hasbro:
STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS

Fans around the world are about to travel to a galaxy far, far away as never before, and once again, Hasbro -- as it has for more than 30 years -- will translate all the excitement of the brand-new STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS into toys that bring this new animated action to life. Lucasfilm Ltd., Warner Bros. Pictures and Turner Broadcasting System will debut STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS in theaters Aug. 15, followed by the premiere of THE CLONE WARS as a weekly series on Cartoon Network and TNT. Produced by Lucasfilm Animation, STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS takes audiences on incredible new Star Wars adventures, combining the legendary storytelling of Lucasfilm with an eye-popping, signature animation style. On July 26, 2008, Hasbro brings home all of the fun of STAR WARS: THE CLONE WARS to kids of all ages. Fans can live the excitement of CLONE WARS themselves with the new STAR WARS CLONE TROOPER HELMET (Approximate retail price: $29.99; Ages 5 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) and the AT-TE (Approximate retail price: $99.99; Ages 4 and up; Available: July 26, 2008) -- the ultimate clone trooper transport.

INDIANA JONES

Hold on tight, because INDIANA JONES -- the world's most adventurous archeologist -- is donning his fedora and will be conquering the big screen once again this May, and Hasbro is along for the fun. With his trusty whip, well-worn leather jacket and an uncanny ability to attract trouble, Dr. Jones heads to points unknown in the upcoming INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL, from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Paramount Pictures, which arrives in theaters May 22. Hasbro captures all the edge-of-your-seat excitement with its new INDIANA JONES toy line. Fans of any age can ward off villains using the new INDIANA JONES SOUND FX WHIP (Approximate Retail Price: $19.99; Ages 6 & up; Available: May 1, 2008). Aspiring adventurers can also share the thrills with friends by navigating Indy through some of the movie series' most iconic escape scenes with the new INDY'S ULTIMATE ADVENTURE PLAYSET. (Approximate Retail Price: $39.99; Ages 5 & up; Available: Fall 2008)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2008, 05:57 PM »
Sweet only $99 for the AT-TE! I'm down for three for sure now and just might get the 5 total I wanted.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2008, 08:18 PM »
hopefully it is the same price up in canada and comes to more stores then just TRU. either way though I will make an effort to be at TRU at opening that day for this AT-TE.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2008, 09:52 PM »
Sweet only $99 for the AT-TE! I'm down for three for sure now and just might get the 5 total I wanted.

Sal, I actually saw this in person, it's huge! Are you sure you will have room for 5?
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2008, 10:46 PM »

Sal, I actually saw this in person, it's huge! Are you sure you will have room for 5?

:o how huge man? biggerlonger then the queen amidala ship or just as big long  as the AT-AT?
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2008, 10:54 PM »

Oh yeah!
The average diorama I have plans for are: 8'wide X 5'high X 4'deep. This will account for the Geonosis, Utapau and Coruscant ones for sure. The Felucia will be 6'wide X 3'high X 2'deep. The Coruscant dio is tentatviely marked up to be 4'wide X 3'high X 2'deep.

Plenty of room for them.

Though I may hold off on the 4th and 5th ones depending on how fast they fly off the shelves. If they sit, I may try to wait it out for a clearance. But if it looks like they are selling through, them I'll get the other two.

Strangely enough I actually want a sixth one to custom, but I don't think I could bring myself to taint this most awesome of prequel vehicles.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2008, 06:53 AM »
Partially off topic here, but my girlfriend and i went into the city last night for dinner (celebrate Valentine's a little early) and i drove passed the Javits Center and they are hard at work setting up for Toy Fair. Trailers were wrapped around the block and looking inside they already set up the floors with decorations and everything. Very exciting, can't wait for Sunday!  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2008, 08:55 AM »
Not OT at all. It's an on site report. :)
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."