Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2008!  (Read 25142 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2008
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2008, 10:13 AM »
I'm not too worried about the $7.99 thing - and I don't think it will be permanent (we went from $7.99 at Target in 1999 to $4.99 a few years later) but I'm definitely not buying anything that is animation-style, not even 1 of each.

I was thinking the same exact thing, especially if there's a decline in sales. I'm wondering about the CW line, because, although a lot of us might skip the basic figure sub-line entirely, the kids might go crazy over it. Then again, will the parents buy $8 figures when they can get more for less?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2008, 12:30 PM »
...the kids might go crazy over it. Then again, will the parents buy $8 figures when they can get more for less?

THAT is my point as well. There are so MANY other toys for far less and you get more. Star Wars figures have now become pushed out of competitive prices.

Hasbro is going to take a SERIOUS hit here, I think. They blame US (even though according to them collectors are not the driving force among SW consumers)

Fact is though that if we the collecting community as a whole feel the price is too high to start, that SHOULD account for something.

it REALLY would have been nice for Hasbro to actually consult with the major SW collecting websites and run polls/whatever to determine where the interests was for toys related to the Clone Wars Cartoon.

Again, we'll find all of this out hopefully within the day from the Toy Fair coverage, but it sure is nerve racking, and collecting/hobbies should never reach that point.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2008, 12:30 PM »

Where are the goggles???
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:08 PM by Jeff »
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2008/Tattoine Pics!
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2008, 12:38 PM »
Yarna! It's Yarna! YAHOOOO!!!! I think I really underestimated this wave, should've waited for pics to say it sucked. However, due to the $8 price tag, I will not be buying any deleted scene figures, but I will be buying all the others. So I'm assuming the funky looking astro-droid is from the Droid Factory line and its pieces will come with this wave?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: TOY FAIR 2008/Tattoine Pics!
« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2008, 01:04 PM »
this wave looks wicked..but i hate the lack of army builders. sure hope they pack in the kashyyk trooper with this case.and of course im hopnig this wave comes up north!
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
Re: TOY FAIR 2008/Tatooine Pics!
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2008, 01:24 PM »
Whoa. I've never even seen the deleted sandstorm sequence, but I'd like to buy those figures.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2008, 01:37 PM »
We told you guys you'd enjoy Yarna.  :)  I wasn't personally expecting a figure quite that detailed and high quality looking, actually, so I'm pleasantly surprised despite her not being high on my figure wish lists.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2008, 03:20 PM »
Jeff just called me:

Stormtrooper Head Cards for Legacy (ala the Clone Wars Clone Card)
Rancor/Dewback Vader TIE Galactic Heroes
GH Mustafar and Endor Battle Packs
ROTJ is Wave 1 of Legacy
Clone Wars is Wave 2
Wal_mart Order 66 Packs with Jedi and Astromech droids
Wal-Mart exclusive A-Wing
NO MILLENIUM FALCON this year

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2008, 06:17 PM »
I'm pulling pics off my camera as I type this... fun times and lots of good stuff to come.

Some text stuff...

- After TFU, the 30AC line ends and will be replaced with the new The Legacy Collection in July.

- Yes, there is a gap for the basic figures from March to July, but it will be filled with lots of stuff - Target Order 66 sets and plenty of other exclusives for you to buy to fill your time...

- The Legacy card have a Stormtrooper head akin to the Clone Helmet on the Clone WArs cards - very cool.

- By Christmas, there will be a third line... Legacy Legends (aka the repacks).  Mainly stuff that "compliments" the Clone Wars theme.  All reissues of the old stuff/characters that kids might see in the cartoon - think Jedi and/or droids and clones and stuff.

- The GH Dewback and Rancor are fantastic (no pics to share though :().

Watch for more soon!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2008, 06:56 PM »
Before we toured the showroom, there was a presentation on the exclusives...  expected in-store dates are in the parens.

Wal-Mart:
  - The 6 Droid Factory 2-packs (7/1)
  - GH Falcon (3/1)
  - 3 more Comic Packs: Marvel Lando & Stormtrooper, Kashyyyk Wookiee and Clone, and RotS Anakin and Dooku [<-- boring (7/1)
  - A-Wing with Arvyl Crynyd [Red/Classic colors] A-Wing (7/1)

TRU:
  - GH Rancor set
  - GH AT-RT set
  - STAP Attack Battle Pack
  - Hoth Wampa/TaunTaun Battle Pack

Target:
  - GH Endor Speeder Bike Cinema Scene (ewoks, scouts, bikes, Luke) (3/23)
  - GH Mustafar Cinema Scene  (Obi, Padme, Anakin, pile of shocktroopers) (3/23)
  - Aayla's Jedi Starfighter (3/23)
  - TFU Kashyyk Battle Pack (the one that popped up earlier in the week) (3/23)
  - ALL-NEW Jungle Rancor with Felucian Rider (April)
  - Order 66 Sets (4/15)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2008, 07:00 PM »
I dig this wave. for Ewok, love that chewie, Yarna is great and folks if you look closer at that luke its DS2 Luke !!!!!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2008, 07:32 PM »
Okay so there is a lag between waves. works for me. There should still be enough to buy between and if not, more time to save for the AT-TE, Homing Spider droid and AT-APs.

Cool about the Stormtrooper card. Can't wait to see pics of it.

Gack, a THIRD line! Well, hopefully they'll be figs people want or there will be yet MORE pegwarmers.

The GH Dewback and Rancor sound cool. I'm happy about this news.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2008, 07:38 PM »

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2008, 07:39 PM »
My thoughts about the exclusive stuff:

Wal-Mart:
  - The 6 Droid Factory 2-packs (7/1)-2packs? I thought these would be single carded figs with droid parts in them. So are they $10 sets now??
  - GH Falcon (3/1)-pass, I already have the first issue
  - 3 more Comic Packs: Marvel Lando & Stormtrooper, Kashyyyk Wookiee and Clone, and RotS Anakin and Dooku-Marvel Lando set PASS; Kashyyyk clone and Wookiee MAYBE, have to see pics; Pass on ROTS/Dooku
  - A-Wing with Arvyl Crynyd [Red/Classic colors] A-Wing (7/1)-Classic colors? Cool, though I may pass on it. I'd just want it for the figure, UNLESS it has electronics.

TRU:
  - GH Rancor set-SWEET! Really looking forward to this and pics.
  - GH AT-RT set-Hmm, I think I'll like this set too.
  - STAP Attack Battle Pack-I can't remember what is in this set. If it's Pilot Battle droids, then I'll get it. If not, then it's most likely a pass for me.
  - Hoth Wampa/TaunTaun Battle Pack-PASS

Target:
  - GH Endor Speeder Bike Cinema Scene (ewoks, scouts, bikes, Luke) (3/23)-prolly a pass
  - GH Mustafar Cinema Scene  (Obi, Padme, Anakin, pile of shocktroopers) (3/23)-hmm, have to see it, but I may just get this one.
  - Aayla's Jedi Starfighter (3/23)-PASS
  - TFU Kashyyk Battle Pack (the one that popped up earlier in the week) (3/23)-PASS!!!
  - ALL-NEW Jungle Rancor with Felucian Rider (April)-Hell's yeah. Really looking forward to it.
  - Order 66 Sets (4/15)-the jedi/clone sets, yes, but only a little bit.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2008, 07:41 PM »

Freakin' SWEET!!!

This will be awesome to have both Stormtrooper and Clone trooper cards on the pegs. A CLEAR difference between lines! Hopefully stockpeople will stock pegs accordingly now! (Though I won't hold my breath)