Author Topic: TOY FAIR 2008!  (Read 25135 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: TOY FAIR 2008/Tatooine Pics!
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 07:43 PM »
  - The 6 Droid Factory 2-packs (7/1)-2packs? I thought these would be single carded figs with droid parts in them. So are they $10 sets now??

There are both a basic figure "Droid Factory" line and these WM exclusive 2-packs... more info here.  The 2-packs were requested by WM to have something to compete with Target's O66 sets.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 08:38 PM »
Slowly, but surely, our pics are being added to the JD Image Database:)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 08:46 PM »
A CLEAR difference between lines! Hopefully stockpeople will stock pegs accordingly now! (Though I won't hold my breath)

I wasn't too crazy about the stormtrooper head cards, aesthetically not too great. But I didn't think of that. Definitely a good thing.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 10:53 PM »
That the best Harrison Ford likeness in a long while. It's a shame the hair is blowing but I really dig this wave of figures.   now we need the new slave Leia to go with this set of desert storm figures.

Where's the Leia?????
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 11:26 PM »
That the best Harrison Ford likeness in a long while. It's a shame the hair is blowing but I really dig this wave of figures.   now we need the new slave Leia to go with this set of desert storm figures.

Where's the Leia?????

I was actually thinking the same thing....screw the 6 boobed lady i want my SA slave leia! ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 17, 2008, 10:01 AM »
I'm kind of underwhelmed by this wave, Bane, Ewok and Yarna, excellent. Although the other figures look good... really good, I'm more excited over Yarna than I am these, and that says allot. In such a diverse year of product, I question filling precious OT slots with cut scene and controversial added scene characters.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 11:55 AM »
This will be awesome to have both Stormtrooper and Clone trooper cards on the pegs. A CLEAR difference between lines! Hopefully stockpeople will stock pegs accordingly now! (Though I won't hold my breath)

I can already see it now...

"Duhrrr...they're all white, ain't they?  Just stick 'em anywhere."

Never underestimate the apathy of retail. :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 11:59 AM »
Very impressed with almost everything I've seen, but did I miss the Titanium and GH pics  ???
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 01:37 PM »
I don't think the stockpeople are going to look too closely, and neither are the general customer. SW figures will get tossed on any peg that has figs on it.

I would like to see Vader's removeable helmet in it's two pieces. So far Hasbro seems to have it shown as a one-piece. Anyone see it separate? How does it look?

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 01:41 PM »

Where's the Leia?????

I was actually thinking the same thing....screw the 6 boobed lady i want my SA slave leia! ::)

I'm pretty impressed with the detail in this wave, but yeah - would have liked to see a better Leia than some of the others.  I wonder if there will be an Evo Leia set down the road?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 01:43 PM »
Well, I looked further and am wowed! by the Padme Evolutions set! That is definitely a must have! Of course, this comes from a Padme fan!

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #86 on: February 17, 2008, 02:03 PM »
I would like to see Vader's removeable helmet in it's two pieces. So far Hasbro seems to have it shown as a one-piece. Anyone see it separate? How does it look?

I dont' think the one that Hasbro has on display is the right one? It's different from the one during the presentation slideshow as the display version doesn't have the full cloth tabard soft goods.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 02:09 PM by jedijaybird »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 17, 2008, 02:38 PM »

Where's the Leia?????

I'm glad we're getting Yarna, but I agree - I'd rather have a new sexy Leia.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2008, 03:02 PM »

I dont' think the one that Hasbro has on display is the right one? It's different from the one during the presentation slideshow as the display version doesn't have the full cloth tabard soft goods.

Thanks for the info, Jay. Will wait patiently.  :-\

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I meant to post this in this general toy fair thread, but posted it in the legacy section by mistake.  ::)

Well I just got back from Toy fair and the Hasbro show rooms and I have to say it was awesome. First i have to say my girlfriend is awesome  ;D. We totally got in with no trouble with her press pass. We saw all of the Hasbro products and for the most all were really good. (FFF makes awesome BAF) The Indy / Star Wars room was def. the highlight. I was surrounded by greatness and couldnt stop smiling while trying to act professional. The figures look great in person, even the animated ones and Yarna is awesome. The battlepacks and evolution sets looked great and the comic packs were really good too. Overall it was just really cool and did i mention my girlfriend is the best.  ;D I was really hoping for a Star Wars or Indy exclusive, but the press kit was a my little pny set  :-[
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"