Author Topic: CW Anakin's Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter  (Read 11679 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
CW Anakin's Delta-2 Jedi Starfighter
« on: December 30, 2007, 01:42 PM »
Anyone think we'll be getting this as part of the Clone Wars line from Hasbro?

At first glance it looks like a Delta-7 and perhaps it started off as one, but it has been modified to at least move the spot for the astromech droid to the center and it looks like instead of a built-in droid, it's a droid socket for R2.

I took a look at the trailer again and I didn't see ANYTHING like this ship in that.

So while this is a neat looking variation on the Jedi Starfighter, I hope that this is just a Lego creation and Hasbro focuses on giving us things like the V-19 Torrent Starfighter, the Homing Spider Droid, or the Corporate Alliance Tank Droid.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Anakin's Clone Wars Jedi Starfighter
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 03:26 AM »
A lot goes into what the cartoon delivers...  Part of me digs the Delta's evolution to the Eta, and what might seemingly have been an influence Anakin had directly through modifying his own Delta?  That's a neat possibility, but at the same time it's sort of traversing vehicle territory I'm not THAT interested in...  Like you, I'd prefer seeing the radically unique V-19's, or the Snail Tank Droid...  Much better items I would enjoy from Clone Wars.

V-19's supposedly on the way...  This CW fighter from Lego's just a neat possible evolutionary step, and one I'm kind of on the fence about is all.  I mean, I've kind of come to accept that Ani's CW fighter is the one we saw in the original cartoons...  Maybe this was his second CW ship, which leads to the Eta's design, and so forth...  I dunno.  Neat, and yet not neat at the same time, if it could possibly usurp a cooler toy/vehicle being made.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 11:50 AM »
I wouldn't be against getting an action figure-compatible version of this ship (as long as it's in the cartoon), but the whole continuity issue between the original CW cartoon and the new one is starting to give me a headache.  Not to go all "NERD RAGE EXPLOSION OMG" or anything (I swear I have known the touch of a woman), but given that Anakin *just* becomes a Jedi Knight when Padme "gives" him R2-D2, and within seconds gets into the ETA Interceptor to fly back to the war, I'm wondering when and where he uses this ship in the overall continuity.  If it's a missing link of sorts between the Delta-7 and the ETA (and is used after the modified Delta-7 is destroyed), then is LFL just disregarding the continuity of the old CW cartoon entirely and wiping the slate clean?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 03:29 PM »
Whenever I think of Anakin's Clone Wars Starfighter, I think of this monstrosity::)

I'd rather see Hasbro take a stab at that LEGO one than re-releasre this crazy ship again...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 1, 2008, 12:48 PM »
Whenever I think of Anakin's Clone Wars Starfighter, I think of this monstrosity::)

I'd rather see Hasbro take a stab at that LEGO one than re-releasre this crazy ship again...

I dunno - I liked that design. It made sense in terms of modifications to an existing Delta-7 that you could see Anakin actually making.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 12:11 AM »

I dunno - I liked that design. It made sense in terms of modifications to an existing Delta-7 that you could see Anakin actually making.

I too, like the CW version of Anakin's fighter. If you look at the Lego one you can even see some similarities between them. Maybe it's a before version even.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 12:01 PM »
I hadn't seen photos of this (although with dial-up and net congestion, photos everywhere involving Toy Fair are loading slower than **** the last 24 hours), but is Hasbro going to be doing Anakin's JSF for the CW line?  I can't believe they'd miss a chance to beat the Jedi Starfighter horse some more include this ship in the line?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 11:34 PM »
Not at launch, but they said "eventually" you'll "probably" see this in the $20 line.

They just figured they'd go with more "wide appeal" things to start (V-19 and Spider Droid). 
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 11:40 PM »
I too, like the CW version of Anakin's fighter. If you look at the Lego one you can even see some similarities between them. Maybe it's a before version even.

roron corobb

Actually given the deco, I'd say the LEGO yellow one, is the one AFTER the modified blue with white sunrays one, as the yellow deco more closely matches the yellow deco of the ROTS Jedi Starfighter.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 12:58 AM »
Yeah - I think this Yellow JSF is yet another modified Delta 7 only this time, Anakin has modified it so the Astromech is a socketed feature as opposed to a built-in droid. This way, he can have R2 (as gifted to him by his wife) join him. Plus, as Sal points out, the colors are in line with his ROTS starfighter.

Good to hear that they will eventually make one. Only problem now is that the Anakin they've made for the series doesn't exactly look poseable enough to sit in the cockpit.
Peter

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I hope they do not make another Anakin starfighter, he has plenty. I would rather see some fresh blood for ships. We need more expansion in the Droid arsenal to combat all this Jedi/Clone gear.

We need some more OT love in the vehicle department, PT is getting all the love in the vehicle tooling budget!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2008, 12:55 PM »
We need some more OT love in the vehicle department, PT is getting all the love in the vehicle tooling budget!

I agree.  I realize the push for PT stuff since there is the big Clone Wars splash coming up, and the fact that we've seen most to all of the OT ships at some point - but it would be nice to see some more OT releases or even re-dos.  They have been few and far between lately, although it sounds like we'll get some exclusives this year.  In the regular $20 line though, its basically been the TIE or Vader's TIE Advanced.  Hopefully when they get around to the Snowspeeder resculpt (smaller) that they've talked about, it will be in this line.  I wouldn't mind seeing a re-release of the Skiff in this line as well.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2008, 01:08 PM »
My Cloud Car Pilots and Firespeeder Pilots are getting lonely.  :'(

EDIT: Wait...Firespeeder isn't OT. Never mind.  :-X
« Last Edit: February 20, 2008, 01:09 PM by Robo-Quack »
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2008, 01:13 PM »
Han and Chewie want a Falcon that's the right size.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2008, 02:33 PM »
Han and Chewie want a Falcon that's the right size.

So does Lando.  It was his ship first.   ;)