Author Topic: AT-AT or AT-AT?  (Read 1075 times)

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
Re: AT-AT or AT-AT?
« Reply #15 on: January 2, 2009, 05:07 PM »
So we are mostly saying At-At instead of spelling it out. Do you think that is because we are toy collectors and the toy commericals always said At-At? I'm seeing on other sites that younger people call it an A.T.A.T. while us old farts call it an At-At.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #16 on: January 2, 2009, 05:36 PM »
I've always called it an At-At before I really "thought" about it much.  I could easily see it being referred to in some fictional training session as an "A.T.A.T. class heavy Imperial Walker" or some **** too.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Everyone is ignorant, but on different subjects.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 3, 2009, 11:03 AM »
So we are mostly saying At-At instead of spelling it out. Do you think that is because we are toy collectors and the toy commericals always said At-At? I'm seeing on other sites that younger people call it an A.T.A.T. while us old farts call it an At-At.

What other sites are you referring to where young people are saying it verbally different than we old schoolers do?
"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason. " -Jack Handey

Offline Master_Phruby

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 3, 2009, 06:42 PM »
The Force.net
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 3, 2009, 08:54 PM »
Who really cares  ???    Not me.....
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 4, 2009, 12:35 PM »
I usually say at-at. Almost never A.T.A.T. Though what about "Snow walker?" That's what I called it for many years and on occasion still do.

Strangely though I call the AT-ST just that A.T.S.T. I think it's because it's easy to say at-at, but not at-st. Really, who would understand the "st" sound. Though I still call this a chicken walker on occasion as well.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline 12501

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 4, 2009, 03:38 PM »
I've always gone with "A.T.-A.T.". Not sure why, I suppose its just because that's how it's spelled....
"The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is Reason. I have never used any other, and I trust I never shall" - Thomas Paine, in his introduction to "The Age of Reason"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 5, 2009, 12:27 PM »
As long as G. Lucas continues pronouncing Dough-koo, Geo-Gnaw-sis, Nay-boo, Hoth (rhymes with Both), Han (rhymes with Ran), and lightsaber (rhymes with lazer sword) despite what he directs his characters to say on screen, I don't think we have to worry much about it.

I like AT-AT though, for the record.

Lucas probably refers to them as "iron dinosaurs".

This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 5, 2009, 12:35 PM »
Walk-a-saurs?
I am not the Stig