Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars or The Force Unleashed?

(1/5) > >>

JesseVader08:
2008 will have 2 major focuses this year - first is The Force Unleashed and then the Clone Wars lines.  Which are you looking forward to most?

I'm definitely interested in what they'll do to add to the CW line.  I really enjoyed the comics that I read from this era and the resulting figures had some great sculpts. 

TFU just doesn't seem to hold any interest for me.  Maybe because it's a totally new line, or maybe it's due to my general dislike of seeing Stormtroopers being repainted (which is rather ironic considering I'll surely be buying coloured Clones from the CW line). 

Nicklab:
From a collecting standpoint I'm looking forward to both equally.  I think that's just part of my completist nature.

As for the media associated with those projects?  I would have to say Clone Wars.  And that's entirely based on the television series.  I'm excited about everything I've seen regarding The Force Unleashed, but as I don't own a PS3 or X-Box 360 I'm at a disadvantage because I won't be able to play the game.  If either of those gaming consoles should come down in price again, my stance on TFU might change.

evenflow:
I think at this point i am more interested in the Clone Wars line but that could change once i play the FU game. With that said i am extremely interested in the FU Evolutions set and the Shadow Guard. The other characters dont visually interest me as much.

Brian:
I'd have to say that I'm more excited about Clone Wars, both from the figures and media standpoint.  I really enjoyed the previous Clone Wars toons, and these look to be even spiffier (and longer), and I'm looking forward to a regular Star Wars fix on TV.  I don't have a next-gen system either, and probably won't get one in time for Force Unleashed, but the game does look pretty cool.  The figures look good too, and I'll likely pick up at least some of them (and maybe all of them).  Although its a tough thing to explain, the Clone Wars feels a little more "Star Wars" to me than the game though - as has been the case with other EU games/comics for me (some of them anyways).

Jayson:

--- Quote from: Brian on January  4, 2008, 11:04 AM ---I'd have to say that I'm more excited about Clone Wars, both from the figures and media standpoint.  I really enjoyed the previous Clone Wars toons, and these look to be even spiffier (and longer), and I'm looking forward to a regular Star Wars fix on TV.  I don't have a next-gen system either, and probably won't get one in time for Force Unleashed, but the game does look pretty cool.  The figures look good too, and I'll likely pick up at least some of them (and maybe all of them).  Although its a tough thing to explain, the Clone Wars feels a little more "Star Wars" to me than the game though - as has been the case with other EU games/comics for me (some of them anyways).

--- End quote ---

I totally agree. We waited a couple decades for answers to what the "Clone Wars" were when mentioned in ANH. I think a lot of the popularity of these story lines help to fill in those missing years of the "original" Star Wars story.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version