Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231639 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #195 on: April 10, 2008, 10:12 AM »
Of course $99 would be ideal but is it realistic?

:-\

Offline CloneF13Y35

• Jedi Padawan
  • I think I"m a CLone Now
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 10, 2008, 10:31 AM »
my son and I are definately gonna want this, so I'd hope for a price just under a 100, $99.98. That this is Sweet!  ;D
He already wants the atte, so I might have to make him decide, just like with the target hoth/endor sets last year, pick ONE cause daddy aint made of money  ;)
But I agree with what someone else ssaid, now can we please get a NEW death star playset, maybe from both ANH and RotJ, plus a cool Star Destroyer playset er uhm, "vehicle".
{{|///////Frank//}[================>
"I think I'm a Clone now"
"No I'm not!"
"Yes - I AM"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #197 on: April 10, 2008, 10:39 AM »
Oh, that new pic is stunning!  This is truly a wonderful upgrade  ;D, and looks like it does indeed come with VOTC Han and EB Chewie.

I think that's the recent Smuggler Han (with the gloves and headset).
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 10, 2008, 10:43 AM »
Anyone still think this looks like it's not an all new mold?

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 10, 2008, 10:46 AM »
So just in case Hasbro is reading, what is everyone willing to spend?

I'd say $150 max.

$200 is pushing it.

$100 would be great.

$150 seems more realistic.

$200 and I'd still get it... wouldn't let $50 keep me from being happy.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2008, 10:46 AM »
Hmmm.  The Luke with the blast shield helmet makes me wonder if that might be a new figure that's on the way.  I'd find it a little weird to have the helmet included as an accessory with the ship.  But stranger things have happened, I suppose.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 10, 2008, 10:52 AM »
The only downside I see is the quad laser shooting missiles. Aren't the Falcon's missiles elsewhere? Nonetheless, a cool item for those of you buying it.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 10, 2008, 10:55 AM »
Too bad the new Falcon still doesn't have a belly gun.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #203 on: April 10, 2008, 11:05 AM »
I know i said this earlier but as someone who normally does not buy vehicles, I am very excited for this. I love little extras they inlcuded. Great item, i will be buying one.  ;D
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #204 on: April 10, 2008, 11:12 AM »
Hmmm.  The Luke with the blast shield helmet makes me wonder if that might be a new figure that's on the way.  I'd find it a little weird to have the helmet included as an accessory with the ship.  But stranger things have happened, I suppose.

I think it's just the VOTC Luke with the POTF2 Blast shield helmet. My guess they probably cobbled it together for the packaging photography.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 10, 2008, 11:35 AM »
This just in:

back of the box picture.

Ok, I just jizzed myself!

Christ that's awesome!!!! THIS IS THE FALCON WE ARE LOOKING FOR!!!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 10, 2008, 12:06 PM »
As to what I'd buy it for:
$99 Oh hell yeah!
$150 yes, and that's the most I'd care to pay for it.
$200 or more, unrealistic, even if it is a Bad Mother Falcon! (But I'd still prolly get it at that price since it's a single purchase.)

Really though, I can't see parents buying this at the $150-200 price point. Hovering around $100 seems like the right price.

I'm so damned excited about this. Wow, Hasbro trumped the AT-TE! And before it even hit retail. The AT-TE was enough to make my year, but now this....WOW. I really hope it's a fall releasr for Christmas AND there is no way in hell I'm waiting for this bad boy to clearance. Besides doing so would be a disservice to all of us who have asked for the Ultimate Falcon, as well as sending the wrong message to Hasbro about big ticket items.

I truly hope all of you who want this will get it right away and not wait for clearance. (But something tells me this isn't going to hang around on shelves either.)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:32 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 10, 2008, 12:18 PM »
I really don't see this thing selling for $150.  I can't even see why this would be $50 more than the AT-TE.  Can't quite seem to pinpoint that for some reason.  I also can't see parents shelling out more that $99 on a toy.  You have to remember that this is still a toy for the kiddies and I'd be damned if I spent $150 on a toy for my kid.

I wonder if GH will treat us to the front of the box tomorrow.  Can you imagine all of the "exciting phrases" that could be plastered on there?   ::)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #208 on: April 10, 2008, 12:37 PM »
I am buying 2! One to keep packaged and one to open. This is hands downs Hasbro's ultimate triumph. I even love the toyetic features of the shuttle, I think it is really cool and intergrated perfectly so the ultra purest do not whine. I am a bit surprised that there are some people still complaining about some aspects of this. Lights Sound, size and features with 2 figures to boot. It does not get much better than that.

I wish I was a kid again to enjoy my toys for real! (Role playing the adventures)
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline darthchuckmc

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 10, 2008, 12:39 PM »
I also can't see parents shelling out more that $99 on a toy.  You have to remember that this is still a toy for the kiddies and I'd be damned if I spent $150 on a toy for my kid.

I've seen this mentioned on several forums, and I can tell you, there are plenty of parents that have no problem dropping over $100 on a toy around Christmas. Target had "Butterscotch" the pony for $250, and my store sold at least 30 by Christmas. After Christmas we had 4-5 left, that eventually made it to Clearance, but even those sold at 50% off (still $125).

....not to mention the $250 (or more on eBay) people are STILL spending on Nintendo Wii.....plus the extra $40 for each Wii-mote, $20 for an extra nunchuck, and $40-50 per game.

Don't underestimate the spending power of an adult when it comes to high dollar items. Just because you wouldn't drop that kinda cash, doesn't mean some other Mom or Dad wouldn't.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 12:40 PM by darthchuckmc »