Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231677 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
TLC Millenium Falcon
« on: January 5, 2008, 02:00 AM »
Taking this one off the "rumors" thread, basically because of our story Right Here!

$150 for a new Millenium Falcon?  Hmmm...  Well, the speculation that it was a retooling of the original one's insides seems to be a little less likely at that price.  At least I'd hope it's something much more spectacular for $150...  I'm sort of torn on buying it.  If sections of the ship are to-scale, like say the cockpit for instance, I'd be compelled to buy it for that...  But if that's all that is, I'd be hesitant at the same time.

It's such a large ship (like the AT-AT), that hoping for scale is just not realistic/practical, so it really tests my spending habits, haha. 

I'm anxious to see what is being delivered though.  Either way, a Falcon overhaul is long overdue...  The trademark series ship has been outdated since it came back in 95/96.  Kudos to Hasbro for recognizing that about 12 years later.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2008, 10:51 AM by Jeff »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2008, 02:13 AM »
HOLY *I'M GLAD THERE'S A PROFANITY FILTER*!!!  Hasbro has been talking about things like "Well, if we get around to re-doing the Falcon, we want to do it right, blah blah blah..."  Could this really be it?!?!  I'm now waiting for Toy Fair with baited breath!
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2008, 02:17 AM »
$150.!!!! Holy crap!

Offline bikerscout1

• Jedi Initiate
  • I have you now Paploo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 5, 2008, 03:50 AM »
The ship that made the Kessel run.........i'm excited.  Another ship in the pantheon of SW vehicles I do not own.  I'll definitely being scoping out this one though.  I was thrilled to get the Shuttle in '06, and y-wing last year.  2 ships i've wanted since i was a kid.  If they update the Slave 1, I'll probably grab one. 
Are you threatening me master jedi?

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 5, 2008, 08:06 AM »
At that price it had better be an all new Falcon.   I am definately interested and kind of salivating as to what it may look like.   I am very surprised Hasbro is putting out this and the AT-TE in one year though.  I hope it does not bite them.  But if 2 items were to ever sell it would be those.  I just hope it is at Toy Fair!

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #5 on: January 5, 2008, 08:52 AM »
I am interested to see this but really don't see myself buying it. Again i hope the pack-in figures are not anything too cool.  :-\
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 5, 2008, 09:26 AM »
Another item that sounds too good to be true. As long as it's 100% new, I don't mind plopping down some serious cash, especially for the Falcon.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 5, 2008, 11:28 AM »
The MOST important thing to me is proportion.  If the cockpit stays the same size and the rest of the ship is brought up to proportional size, that would rock.  But I'm afraid they will increase the cockpit to fit 4 figures, and the rest of the ship will only go up 25% or something, having a grossly oversized cockpit.  Either way, I'm anxiously looking forward to it!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 5, 2008, 11:44 AM »
It's probably the GH version.  They're going for around $100 these days.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 5, 2008, 12:08 PM »
I am genuinely excited to hear about this. Depending on size among other smaller issues, will make or break if for me to buy this again.

But as of this new report, I'm leaning heavily towards getting it.

Though I really should because I've got one of those 6ft long TRU display Falcons from years ago. I have always wanted to convert that into one huge diorama. But this new Falcon may actually help in that regard. Either I'll be blown away by it won't have the need to convert my 6ft one, or I'll use it as a springboard to developing the 6ft one into what I've always dreamed it could be.

Regardless of all that, this is promising news for big vehicles.

Now where are the playsets???
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 5, 2008, 12:40 PM »
I am hopeful this sucker is BIG. Space is already an issue for the collection, but if I'm going to buy another falcon, it is going to have to be a 50% jump in size for me. I just hope it isn't $150 because it has 8 figures we have 4 versions of each already.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 5, 2008, 01:42 PM »
Definately going to wait and see pics of this one because like everyone else said, if it's not too much different than the POTF2/Vintage one then it's not worth it. I'd like for the cockpit to at least be able to hold newer figures (one of the problems with the POTF2 ship, not even the POTF2 figs fit inside), being able to sit 4 would be awesome. For the body I'd hope that the whole ship is playable, not just a sliver like the old one. I'd like to see maybe a hallway from the Dejarik (or however it's spelled) table to the cockpit and maybe a ladder to one of the turret stations. Oh, and smuggling floors that actually hold figures. :)

And having this thing set at $150... that can be both good and bad. Based on price alone, I'm guessing that it'll be released in the fall so that casual fans/moms will improve the sales. Let's face it, if it were released at any other time of the year it would sit because nobody except us would want to buy it.

If the pics impress me, I'll definately give up the cash and buy it. If not, I'll either save my cash or spend it on the AT-TE.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #12 on: January 5, 2008, 03:37 PM »
Holy.  ****.  Wow.  For that much, I expect a completely brand new toy that should also serve as a small dining table.  Can't wait to see if it's for real.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 5, 2008, 07:03 PM »
The Falcon has always been my favorite SW vehicle since I was a kid so I'm eagarly awaiting to see what they've got going for us.  I find it amazing that Hasbro is finally giving us some new larger vehicles, but we'll wait and see what pans out.

Thank you   :)
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 6, 2008, 12:15 AM »
Regarding the price tag, I wonder if this might be an attempt to broach the higher-end market?  Plenty of collectors have illustrated over the past 5 years that they were willing to spend a good deal of money on lines like Sideshow, Master Replicas, Gentle Giant and the like.  There are a good number of items being offered by those companies in this price range.

And then there's the prospect of parents buying it, too.  This price tag is less than a Wii, PS3 or X-Box 360.  It might seem like a bargain in comparison.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback