Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 231671 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Millenium Falcon Upgrade?
« Reply #120 on: April 8, 2008, 11:44 PM »
Looks sweet, but hard for me to really get a handle on it without seeing in person, or at least with some figs for ratio comparison.  I saw a few chairs and they look tiny compared to the whol ship, but not really the same thing.  cool as it looks, I don't think I can fit it into my collection from a space perspective.   :-\
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #121 on: April 8, 2008, 11:45 PM »
I do not know what to be more impressed with: the Falcon or the fact GH got the scoop before anyone else. Way to go GH!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 8, 2008, 11:53 PM »
I didn't think it looked that much more huge than the original, actually...  It's bigger, but I'd say the AT-TE is an overall more substantial toy, at least by my eyeballing of the Falcon...  It seems still like something you can pick up and pretend-fly it.  I don't know that it'll be quite as easy as it used to be though... ;)

I don't think we're going to be able to get a grasp on the actual size until we see a figure next to the ship or in it.  That would at least give us some sense of scale.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 9, 2008, 12:02 AM »
Why wouldn't the chair give a sense of scale?  Just imagine seeing a VOTC Han sitting in it.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #124 on: April 9, 2008, 12:10 AM »
That's what I'm going by...  Chairs, hatchways, etc.  It gives an eyeball estimate...  It's big for sure and bigger than the original for sure.  I don't think it's anything a child couldn't pick up unless there's something weighty in the back though.

Just another observation...  The medical bed can be seen there off the side where the entrance hatch would be normally.  Assuming it fits a figure laying on it, I think the "size" of this Falcon is more in the depth of the vehicle than the overall width...  It's definitely deeper to fit figures standing and things, but I really think the circumference isn't gonna dwarf the original by a lot.  It's definitely better proportioned to look more realistic and believable too...  Took that "vintage stubby" look out of the original that the AT-AT also suffers from.
« Last Edit: April 9, 2008, 12:45 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #125 on: April 9, 2008, 01:21 AM »
Wow!  Looks like there are three firing missiles just above the cargo  access, a gunner station just behind the console with the chair (accessed through the medical bay?) a lever to lower the ramp possibly?

This is a must have (even though I have two falcons displayed in my collection room now!)
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 9, 2008, 01:28 AM »
Why wouldn't the chair give a sense of scale?  Just imagine seeing a VOTC Han sitting in it.

But how tight of a fit is that chair?  Can Early Bird Chewbacca step through that archway?  Seeing a figure in those settings makes it much easier to get a sense of scale.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 9, 2008, 08:15 AM »
All I can say is WOW, how broke am I going to be.
I don't suppose anyone wants to buy several older Falcons?
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 9, 2008, 09:05 AM »
I sincerely hope it sells as well as the enthusiasm for it. This looks truly outstanding and I hope the time and effort by Hasbro turns into a good investment.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 9, 2008, 09:29 AM »
This looks great to me as well, and I'll definitely figure out some way to pick one of these up.  I'm wondering what the timeframe for this thing will be, since the back half of the year is super pricey the way it is.  If the rumored $150 pricepoint is true (which, after seeing the picture it could be), it may be time to start selling other stuff or passing on "other" line purchases.  Either way, this is one collectible I really have to get.  I would guess it is on the way this year sometime, since this picture was leaked already (and such a high quality one at that).  The next round of Q and A's should be interesting.  "We don't know anything about that Falcon" "No comment" :).

It looks loaded with features, and I really like all the interior details.  Its tough to tell from the one picture, but does it look like the removable rear panel is gone now (that the previous versions had)?  I'm sure this is spiffier regardless, but that's one part of the old one I really liked.  As a kid, when it was time to play I just tossed everyone in the Falcon and off I went :).  Anyways, this really looks nice, and it does make me wonder what other ideas Hasbro is open to at this point.  We've seen the big bad AT-TE, now this new Falcon.  After these, the larger winged TIE, and the newer sculpted X-Wing/Landspeeders over the past years, I wonder if we'll continue to see the vintage molds of the OT vehicles upgraded.  I know vehicles like the AT-ST and Snowspeeder have been mentioned by Hasbro themselves in the past, so maybe those will be next on the list.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 9, 2008, 09:30 AM »
Wow, I'll be the first to admit I didn't see that coming.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 9, 2008, 09:35 AM »
I don't know it might be the picture but does it look slightly distored in shape? Like it's too round? I can't put my finger on it. I really like what I see though. Our first real playset since the vintage death star.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #132 on: April 9, 2008, 09:45 AM »
Wow. That looks like lots of fun.  I actually like the fact that it still looks toyish.  A little chubby too!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 9, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Wow!  That is nice looking.  I hope Hasbro releases it sometime 2009.  I can not buy both the AT-TE and this at the end of 2008.  The wife would destroy me.  LOL!

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 9, 2008, 10:07 AM »
The medical bed can be seen there off the side where the entrance hatch would be normally.  Assuming it fits a figure laying on it, I think the "size" of this Falcon is more in the depth of the vehicle than the overall width...  It's definitely deeper to fit figures standing and things, but I really think the circumference isn't gonna dwarf the original by a lot.

I think the medical bed back there is leading your eye astray then. A figure that fills up that bed would stand a head or so taller than the archways in the front section of the ship. Maybe that's Chewie's bunk then? :D

If a 3 3/4 figure can stand in those archways with its head scraping the top, then this is a 2 1/2 foot wide x 3 foot long playset.

Also noticed what looks to be a thumb-tab to pull up the floor of the hall between the main hold and the cockpit...a hidden smuggling compartment to hide figures in?

I agree on the depth, it is probably going to have a disproportionate "beer belly" look from the outside.

The topside cannon now has my main attention as I try to figure out what is going on there. I may be completely off base but it looks like it may flip up 90 degrees, presumably bringing the gunner station below with it...it would end up looking like the figure is sitting on the top of the ship with the cannons facing the back, but its more playable than the upside-down chair of the vintage version.

I just love how they basically took the vintage version as a prototype and fixed what didn't work. Here's hoping we have yet to discover a light-up holo table and cool training remote feature. Heck, the removable top panel could even still hold a "top hatch."

Fun stuff to speculate on!