Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232084 times)

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #510 on: June 16, 2008, 12:17 AM »
The Falcon as it needed to be.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: June 16, 2008, 09:04 AM »
JangoTat, thanks for the great pics.  I got a chance to check them out over the weekend, but wasn't able to post until today.  As others have said, this thing continues to look amazing.  I knew it was supposed to be larger than the original, but the difference is a lot more than I thought it would be.  I haven't looked forward to a collectible like this for a long time, but I really have no idea where its going to go.  I'm pretty certain I don't have any shelves nearly deep enough to hold this new Falcon.  It looks amazing though, and a great centerpiece for a collection.  I wonder if the price would keep parents away (although it looks like it might be worth it), but could you imagine having one of these waiting for your Christmas morning as a kid?  Fun stuff.

Offline BrentS

• Jedi Knight
  • I sense much fear in you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: June 16, 2008, 09:22 AM »
Impressive...  Most Impressive...

Thanks for taking the photos.  I wasn't going to get one of these as I'd be scaling back my Hasbro figures but I'm really, really tempted now.  That side by side comparison is stunning.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: June 16, 2008, 10:05 AM »
That's no ship, that's a playset!

Great pics Jangotat!

You are offically the man (until the second person finds and buys this,then it's old news, lol)

I'm envious, but only jovially so. You pics are just making me want this ship more and more!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: June 16, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Well I'm glad he made the right choice.  Posting pics of this Big MF over studying, Thanx Jango.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: June 16, 2008, 01:04 PM »
Well I'm glad he made the right choice.  Posting pics of this Big MF over studying, Thanx Jango.

Well I still got a lot of studying done, although apperently I studied for the wrong things because the UN did not have as big of a part on the exam like my teacher said it would :-\ 1 exam down 3 to go.

In terms of the pictures, I took them all during my "breaks". To keep my self from going bored I had to find something to do for 20mins, and besides I thought you guys would like to see what Hasbro has to offer before dropping the cash for this BMF.

Glad you guys like the pictures, next exam..History :)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #516 on: June 16, 2008, 03:46 PM »
Something tells me this is going to be a hard toy to get this summer......I know this is the first thing on my 7/26 list.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: June 16, 2008, 03:50 PM »
Something tells me this is going to be a hard toy to get this summer......I know this is the first thing on my 7/26 list.

Yeah, I'm wondering how difficult the two big vehicles are going to be to get a hold of as well.  You have to figure they can only fit a few out on the shelves/endcaps at a time, so they might be a premium buy.  I've already told myself that this is the first thing I'm looking for that day, and if its all I can get, that's ok.  I'd like to get the AT-TE as well, but I'm not sure if I can afford both that day or not (along with figures, etc.) - so I'm hoping it will be more readily available with the ongoing Clone Wars series and all of that.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: June 16, 2008, 04:05 PM »
I was talking about the reality of this purchase with my wife yesterday (JangoTat's pics got me thinking and I had to make sure my display spot for it would work...it will), and I told her it's the only thing I'm really looking for Star Wars-wise this summer, but at the same time I don't really expect to see it right away. I'm not going to be combing the stores for it like I did years past for other must haves (POTF2 Rancor and Bantha come to mind as such hard targets), and if stores are getting 2 or 4 in per shipment, these will be gobbled up quickly in the beginning.

I don't want to imagine it being that scarce all the way through the holiday season, but the dice could roll the right way and this could be the next Elmo or Wii...or just an item scalpers realize they can buy all of knowing they can profit on eBay.

If I completely miss out on this version, (I am not going to pay above retail or shipping costs!) I know I can wait for the redecoed/new voice chip-ed  ESB's 30th anniversary version circa 2010. You heard it here first...

Either way I am not going to sweat getting it...but when I see it, it will be mine.

Offline starhorse

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: June 16, 2008, 04:09 PM »
JangoTat thanks for the great pictures!  It looks like the landing gears don't retract into the vehicle itself like the original Falcon.  This is probably good in the end since that sort of mechanism might not support the weight of the toy forever.  I was curious though, do the landing gears pop on and off very easily?  I remember that the landing gears on the Royal Starship were kind of a pain to get back off.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #520 on: June 16, 2008, 07:56 PM »
As someone who customizes big ships, and who buys 1:18 vehicles, I can attest to the "issues" of weight.  A lot of the 1:18 planes I have actually have weight issues when their gear is down.  Others have this fixed through a mechanism that "locks" the gear in place, but it's not terribly sturdy so you have to be careful when putting the gear down or up...

Likewise making big ships, the weight can really cause a vehicle to buckle under itself.  Often times, bigger vehicles need a skeletal structure to keep them sturdy overall, not just at the landing gear, so it's a pretty significant issue the larger the vehicle gets.  Of course the skeletal structure inside is less a problem with injection molded toys like the Falcon here, but I'd imagine the weight certainly would be.  Even the original Falcons from the vintage years, often have "loose" gear that don't suppor the craft's weight well.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #521 on: June 16, 2008, 08:24 PM »
I don't think these will be hard to find at all.  150.00 items (aside from game consoles) just don't fly off the shelf.  They are planned purchases.   I've never had a hard time finding a vehicle.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: June 16, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Passing for a few reasons:

1.  I don't feel like dropping that much loot on a single toy.
2.  Never been in love with the Falcon much.
3.  This will be released and re-released about ten times, I can always get it later.
4.  Where the **** am I gonna put this thing?

AT-TE is a must get for me though.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: June 16, 2008, 10:28 PM »
Passing for a few reasons:

4.  Where the **** am I gonna put this thing?

AT-TE is a must get for me though.

Where the **** are you going to fit that thing if you have no room for the Falcon   ???

I have no room for either, but I'm still buying both and this is probably the last big hoorah I have with SW toys.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 17, 2008, 12:07 AM »
Awesome too bad I'll have no money or room for it. I might get the AT-TE though.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m