Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 232105 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #555 on: July 3, 2008, 11:45 AM »
Ouch both Broem and Brian having the whip cracked on them....j/k kidding fellas

I'm SO glad my fiancee is a (former) collector as she gets it. She KNOWS I've ben waiting and wanting an AT-TE since first seeing it in AOTC. And even got excited at the new BMF.

It helps too that I made the decision myself to cut my budget in half. So she's benefitted from that with dinners out, I'm paying more than my "share" of bills, etc. So it's all good.

WOW Sal's marrying a former collector, Jeez we should all be so lucky.  But it looks as if she's turning you over to her darkside, cutting your budget!?!? it's SUPPOSED to increase not decrease.  :P
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 3, 2008, 01:45 PM »
Ouch both Broem and Brian having the whip cracked on them....j/k kidding fellas

I'm SO glad my fiancee is a (former) collector as she gets it. She KNOWS I've ben waiting and wanting an AT-TE since first seeing it in AOTC. And even got excited at the new BMF.

It helps too that I made the decision myself to cut my budget in half. So she's benefitted from that with dinners out, I'm paying more than my "share" of bills, etc. So it's all good.

WOW Sal's marrying a former collector, Jeez we should all be so lucky.  But it looks as if she's turning you over to her darkside, cutting your budget!?!? it's SUPPOSED to increase not decrease.  :P

She had nothing to do with me cutting my budget. I've actually been planning on this for two years now. The idea is that I cut my budget this year in half, then in 2009 half again, then in 2010, down a total of 10% of what my spending was in 2007. I'll be 40 next year, so I thought for myself that it was time to draw back on collecting. Hasbro's slim pickings in the past couple of months has made this easy so far. That and the animated line I'm NOT collecting will help me stay on target.

Again she had nothing to do with my decision, even though it has benefitted her.

As for increasing....I spent $6K in 2007 on SW stuff. I don't have the room nor funds to increase how much I spend. (I've already got a 10X25 storage unit that is 90% filled.) It's time for me to slow down. I've had my fun and will continue to, just in a decreased capacity.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 4, 2008, 06:55 PM »
Unfortunately, my wife is correct in this case.  I must admit.  LOL!

But all monetary sense will leave my brain when I see these beauties on the shelves.  I am banking on the Clone Wars movie being a hit with my young son.  I think I will at least be able to smuggle the AT-TE out of her for a "Christmas" present ...you know...for my son...yeah...that's it...my son.  Then somehow I can get the Falcon charged up.  Damn economy is screwing up my collecting  :'(

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: July 5, 2008, 09:40 AM »
It's starting to get to be leak time. I wonder how soon until someone scores one of these babies?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 7, 2008, 02:44 AM »
It's starting to get to be leak time. I wonder how soon until someone scores one of these babies?

well there have already been some in Canada. But if you're not counting our friends to the north, then I'd say by next weekend.

some stores will no doubts look to get the jump on others.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #560 on: July 9, 2008, 01:00 AM »

I picked one up today at Target!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 9, 2008, 11:30 AM »

Where at? (Just the city, you don't have to be specific, in case the Big H is watching, heh heh.)

Offline Billy Ray

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Alamo City Star Wars Collectors
« Reply #562 on: July 9, 2008, 02:15 PM »

Where at? (Just the city, you don't have to be specific, in case the Big H is watching, heh heh.)

San Antonio.  Haven't gotten to open it yet as it is my birthday present...tomorrow.  Just happy that I got it in time to actually have on my birthday instead of having to wait two more weeks.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 9, 2008, 03:49 PM »

San Antonio.  Haven't gotten to open it yet as it is my birthday present...tomorrow.  Just happy that I got it in time to actually have on my birthday instead of having to wait two more weeks.

Excellent! and Happy B-day.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 10, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Check this out; a few pics from a guy on RS who bought it:

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #565 on: July 11, 2008, 04:20 AM »
I found three of these tonight at my local WM. If someone could tell me how to get pics off of a Verizon-powered RAZR, I'd be happy to share photographic evidence.

BTW, WM wants $149 for this bad boy, and damn, the box is heavy.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 11, 2008, 09:25 AM »
Did you elect not to buy it or were you prevented from buying it?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #567 on: July 11, 2008, 04:55 PM »
I elected not to buy it. $150 is a little too much right now.  :-\ Though I was very tempted to buy it.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 11, 2008, 07:33 PM »
I'm anxious to get one of these and worried about the supply given all of the demand on here.  That being said, anyone foresee these as going on sale?  Even 10% off is a $15 savings...
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 11, 2008, 08:55 PM »
I'm anxious to get one of these and worried about the supply given all of the demand on here.  That being said, anyone foresee these as going on sale?  Even 10% off is a $15 savings...
Hell no. I think there is going to be a shortage of these.

Stores aren't going to stock too many of these. Many collectors seem to want one. Kids are going to flip for this.

I really think this is going to be a big toy for the year. (meaning sales not just size)