Author Topic: TLC Millenium Falcon  (Read 69675 times)

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: TLC Millenium Falcon
« Reply #645 on: June 3, 2009, 10:52 PM »
I finally cracked on one of these things, I've been to many of the local brick and mortars lately and they only had one left at a TRU at 30% off, so I figured I should grab it now before they're gone forever. Man oh man this thing is a beauty, huge, detailed and fun to play with! I feel like I'm a 10 year old in 1977! This is easily the crown jewel of my collection, well worth every penny!

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #646 on: June 4, 2009, 04:38 PM »
Good find, these things are long gone from around here. I was eying a second one waiting for it to go on clearance at WM (hey had 9). I went everyday and then one day they disappeared. WM slashed them down to $60 and an employee bought all 9. If I see now under a $100 I will buy it to store away.

This is the best SW vehicle ever made in my opinion.
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: June 5, 2009, 12:52 PM »
I finally cracked on one of these things, I've been to many of the local brick and mortars lately and they only had one left at a TRU at 30% off, so I figured I should grab it now before they're gone forever. Man oh man this thing is a beauty, huge, detailed and fun to play with! I feel like I'm a 10 year old in 1977! This is easily the crown jewel of my collection, well worth every penny!

Nice pick up.  It may be a behemoth to display, and was a bit pricey initially, but I think this is one of the best items Hasbro/Kenner has ever produced.  I'm actually a little surprised that it doesn't get quite as much buzz as it does, but some of that may be due to the CW/PT focus lately - as well as the fact that many of us have seen a number of Falcons come and go throughout the years.  Personally, I haven't seen any of these locally since the end of 2008 if I remember correctly (WM had some on clearance for $99, and they went in a week or so).  Like you, it is the crown jewel of my collection as well.  If I had to pack or away and/or sell the majority of my collection stuff, I think this (as well as the VOTC or VOTC-equivalent OT figures) would be the last things I'd hang on to.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #648 on: June 8, 2009, 03:24 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed. If it was 30% off I may have bitten.

Online iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: June 8, 2009, 03:47 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed. If it was 30% off I may have bitten.

My local TRU has been sitting on one for several months at full price.  Same with one of my WM's, but it's one A-Wing they've been sitting on since December.

clearance?  hello?
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: June 8, 2009, 04:07 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed.

And I thought it was overpriced at $49.99. . .

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #651 on: June 8, 2009, 05:10 PM »
I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one but it was $159.99 so I passed.

And I thought it was overpriced at $49.99. . .

I went to my local TRU to pick up another Lars pack and to my surprise they had one BMF but it was $159.99 so I passed.  :)

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: June 8, 2009, 06:35 PM »
I stopped off at my local TRU after lunch, and they had one BMF for $159.99 as well.  I didn't see any Lars packs, but I did see a Daggar B-Wing for $30, and the TRU mini clone busts 3 packs on clearance for $10 each.

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: June 28, 2009, 02:12 PM »
I bought and assembled recently the BMF, is awesome
but I need some advice please

How can I open gently the cannopy of the mini freighter (bmf escape pod)? I couldn´t open it yet and I have to label it with its 2 stickers.

I am afraid If I open it the wrong way it could be broken.

Thanks in advance to all readers.

truly yours Epic Gon
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 02:13 PM by EpicGon »

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi Master
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #654 on: June 28, 2009, 10:06 PM »
Epic,

The mini fighter opens back-to-front, not front-to-back.  If you put your fingers just under the back, above the engines, and pop it open you should have no problem.
Peacekeeper, when it absolutely, positively has to be nuked in 30 minutes or less.  Or the next nuke's free!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52 PM »
Thanks you very much Matt, I´ll try that way

best wishes

EpicGon

Offline JabbaJoe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Life Sucks and Beats you Down and then you Die.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: September 7, 2009, 07:55 AM »
Picked this up on Sunday at Toys R' Us for $79.99.  I am very happy to finally own this, since I missed out on them on clearance after Christmas. :)  I was worried that I had missed my chance at getting one of these for a reasonable price.  This thing is very awesome! 8)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: September 7, 2009, 12:04 PM »
Yeah, that $80 price really is a great deal for this vehicle I think.  $150 may have been a little steep (although possibly worth it), but getting this for $100 or less feels like a nice deal.  It may be a pain to find display space for, but I think this may be one of my favorite pieces from the entire Star Wars line.  I've told my wife before that if I have to pack up (or sell off) much of the collection as our daughter grows up, I think I'd always try to at least keep out this Falcon and the VOTC/VTSC/other OT figures.  Definitely a nice piece, and it is as much a playset as it is a vehicle really.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #658 on: September 7, 2009, 04:34 PM »
I picked up my second BMF today at TRU. I always wanted a second one to store away but only wanted to pay a clearance price. Back in spring I stalked a WM every day waiting for clearance, they had eight in stock so I was waiting for the right time. Low and behold the day they hit clearance I was 10 minutes off my usual schedule and saw some scalper cart the eight away at $50 a pop.

Hands down this is the best SW of all time for me. :)

I had to take advantage of today sale, ?I even picked up a third AT-TE that I will most likely give away as a gift this Christmas. I almost feel ripped off about the Turbo Tank, I paid full price with $5 Clone Cash Coupon.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 1, 2009, 09:41 PM »
Ya gotta love London Drugs! 1st piece of modern SW I have bought in quite awhile & I'm sure glad I waited. The price was to good to pass up ($83.99 with tax, $80.35 US), I even got the store price card.   ;D