Author Topic: Most regetful thing u ever did  (Read 3723 times)

Offline Sith Bounty Hunter

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hunting new figures daily
    • View Profile
Most regetful thing u ever did
« on: June 16, 2003, 11:16 PM »
I'd say the night I opened all my POTJ figures or when I spend $40 on "The Fast and the Furious cars at Target! >:( >:( >:(
Dont under estimate the power of a sith lord

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Most regetful thing u ever did
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2003, 11:36 PM »
Opening your figures is never a bad thing.  Personally, I can't decide whether collecting carded is better than loose or vice versa.  But I do know that I love my loose collection.

Dressel Rebel's solution:  I buy 2 of each figure (except army builders which usually amount to 15+ of each).  One to keep carded, one to open.

:)
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Most regrettable thing you've ever done?
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2003, 11:45 PM »
Boy, if those are the most regrettable things you've ever done in your life, then you've lived a pretty good one SBH!   :P

Opening your figures is never a bad thing.  Personally, I can't decide whether collecting carded is better than loose or vice versa.  But I do know that I love my loose collection.

Dressel Rebel's solution:  I buy 2 of each figure (except army builders which usually amount to 15+ of each).  One to keep carded, one to open.  :)

Big "ditto" from me on this!   ;)

As for the most regrettable thing I've ever done...  Hmm, can't really think of what that would be at the moment.  Probably just being a total pain in the butt teenager to my parents for a good number of years, constantly making them worry about where I was, what I was up to, when I'd come home, if I was going to get into trouble, etc...

That, and ever watching The Phantom Menace!   :o
« Last Edit: June 16, 2003, 11:46 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2003, 08:49 AM »
The 1st most regrettable thing I ever did was watch the Star Wars Holiday Special as a kid. The 2nd was after many years, watching it again after I downloaded it.

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2003, 12:12 PM »
Boy, if those are the most regrettable things you've ever done in your life, then you've lived a pretty good one SBH!   :P

I'm only 12 so I have a long life to live.

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2003, 02:07 PM »
I saw the title of this topic, and immediately thought of all the women I would like to have erased from my past for one reason or another. Or maybe that month I got 6 speeding tickets in a row and had to be on probation for a year. Arguments I've had with friends I don't speak to anymore. Etc, etc. Even though I have no big complaints over all,  there have been a lot of things over the years that I'd take back if I could.

Then I come in here and you guys are talking about toys.

SO....in that arena, my biggest regret is not opening all my figures sooner than I did. I can't believe how much collection appreciation time I wasted with them all in their packages like that.

There, now I fit in.  :)
Got Clones?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2003, 02:17 PM »
Yeah I did the same thing too Josh, past loves, stupid things I said to my folks, fights I've had with my wife, close calls with my own life etc...

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2003, 02:18 PM »
I'd say the night I opened all my POTJ figures

I'm only 12 so I have a long life to live.

So why were you so upset that you opened your figures SBH?  Aren't they a little more fun to mess around with now that they're out?  Or did you just like how they looked better on a card?

I guess in that respect I can look back now and regret ever opening up all my vintage figures when I was a kid too...   :P   ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2003, 02:19 PM by JediMAC »

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2003, 06:29 PM »
First I opened a Scouttrooper, it was dirty but still. They were looked alot better on the cards and plus I lost about all my weapons and accessories to them.

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2003, 11:08 PM »
The most regettable thing I have ever done in my life was propbally back in my high school sophmore year.  Long story short we were forced to move and I got in a big fight with my parents, exspecially my dad, and said stuff that I can never take back which hurt my relationship with them.  
A couple of other things are losing the address to a friend of mine in the 6th grade when she moved to a nieghboring city.  I knew here since the third grade and we were close firends and stuff.  And another one would be being to shy to talk to girls who I kinda of like in High School and at work who I can't now.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2003, 12:05 AM »
Wear spandex running shorts in the 80s.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2003, 01:08 AM »
Wear spandex running shorts in the 80s.

ROFLMAO.   ;D  I can almost see Matt wearing those :-*
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2003, 09:58 AM »
Ummm, my names David.
Blessed be the Maker and his Water, Blessed be the coming and the going of Him, May His passage cleanse the world. --- Dune: Dr. Kynes; Imperial Ecologist

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2003, 11:46 AM »
Thanks David.  I was referring to JediMac though.  Bulky blocky?  Sorry, just taking a potshot at him, not you.

I regret not  being more clear about that. :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Hung Solow

• Jedi Initiate
  • Public Enemy #1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2003, 11:53 AM »
I'm a pretty big boi.  I look like a sausage when I look at the pics of me in spandex.  Not a pretty site.