Author Topic: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers  (Read 57170 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers
« on: January 10, 2008, 01:54 PM »
Courtesy Curto and those fine, fine folks over at CTR:

Posted by Curto on January 10, 2008 at 11:35 AM CST:
Coming soon to toy shelves near you....Indiana Jones toys are sure to take over the shelves at stores everywhere! We've unearthed a "Ticket to Adventure" program that will require collectors to gather together several artifacts they will need to seek out lost treasures and add them to their own private museum. Stay tuned for more as the mystery is revealed.

I'm assuming this is some mail-in offer along the same lines as the retro-vintage mail-aways in the last couple of years.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:21 PM by Jeff »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Ticket to Adventure?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2008, 03:06 PM »
Interesting, call me crazy but i wish the mailaway, if it is one, is a Nazi figure. Seems like it would be the only way to get a figure of one which is too bad since they are essential parts of the story.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 03:22 PM »
A German figure's been pictured already.  Unless you mean someone specific like Toht?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008, 03:25 PM »
A mailaway for Dr. Jones Sr. would be neat  :)
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2008, 04:39 PM »
I can only assume Hasbro will continue it's appreciation of countries other than the US and show that by screwing us out.  Again.  Sorry, but I'll find help most easily, but many don't have that option and it's frankly silly that they can't set it up so we can mail into the US addy as well and they ship out to us.  Make the costs higher if need be, but still do something to accomodate people.   :P
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: New Indy Toys - Rumors and Speculation!
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2008, 07:49 PM »
Cool Toys Review  has some new info regarding mail  in offers  for each of the indy lines.     A Crystal skull figure with throne  for the 3 3/4 line   indy and horse in the adventure line and Ark for the 12" line   

« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:10 PM by Jeff »
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2008, 10:13 PM »
Wow, three different offers?  Cool beans...

it's frankly silly that they can't set it up so we can mail into the US addy as well and they ship out to us.  Make the costs higher if need be, but still do something to accomodate people.   :P

Ask and ye shall recieve, I guess.   :o

It's hard to make out the details, but if you look close you can clearly see "($xx.xx CAD for shipping address in Canada due to higher shipping cost to Canada)" or something to that effect... :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2008, 10:16 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Wow, they're going all out with IJ.  Where was all this with STar Wars in 2005?  >:(
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2008, 10:20 PM »
it's frankly silly that they can't set it up so we can mail into the US addy as well and they ship out to us.  Make the costs higher if need be, but still do something to accomodate people.   :P

Ask and ye shall recieve, I guess.   :o

It's hard to make out the details, but if you look close you can clearly see "($xx.xx CAD for shipping address in Canada due to higher shipping cost to Canada)" or something to that effect... :)

Well I'll be...thanks Jeff.  Sigh, another pointless rant diffused.  It's $12.99 btw, time to up the font size on your monitor.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2008, 07:04 AM »
Wow, three mailaways. Looks like alot of steps to redeem, can anyone make out what it says, i can't.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008, 09:32 AM »
From what I can tell, it sounds a lot like the recent SW vintage give-aways - each figure line will have tabs.  You collect the tabs, add a check and mail it in.

Looks like you need 6 tabs for the 3.75" and AH offers and only 4 for the 12" scale Ark.  Also looks like the tabs need to be from the thing in the offer, meaning to get the 12" scale Ark, you need to use tabs from 12" figs (and not tabs from 3.75" line or AH line).

Also looks like the 3.75" offer is $5.99 ($7.99 CAD), the AH offer is $4.99 ($6.99CAD), and the 12" scale ARK is $9.99 ($12.99CAD).
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008, 02:26 PM »
Smart move to have them line specific because I'd actually like to have the 12" scale Ark but I'm not planning on buying any of the 12" figures.  Ah well, it is fair. 

If anyone is collecting extra tabs of the Adventure Heroes, I wouldn't mind getting the Indy on horse, but don't plan on collecting the AH figures in general.  I've unloaded most of my Galactic Heroes except for some core characters and sliding Indy on his horse into that display would be nice to do.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2008, 03:14 PM »
Smart move to have them line specific because I'd actually like to have the 12" scale Ark but I'm not planning on buying any of the 12" figures.  Ah well, it is fair. 

If anyone is collecting extra tabs of the Adventure Heroes, I wouldn't mind getting the Indy on horse, but don't plan on collecting the AH figures in general.  I've unloaded most of my Galactic Heroes except for some core characters and sliding Indy on his horse into that display would be nice to do.

I guess its a smart move on their part but i would have liked to have gotten the ark anyway. Dont plan on buying the 12 inch though.

I may bite the bullet just the the adventure heroes mailaway and pick up a few sets.

As for the basic line i will def. be mailing away for that.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2008, 03:23 PM »
Yeah, I meant from Hasbro's perspective, definitely not from ours.  That big-ass Ark would have been a neat piece to have.  In certain respects it is kinda nasty from their perspective to the actual 12" figure collectors though.  Surely it could have been a pack in with one of the Indy figures or in a deluxe package, like the 100th Luke Skywalker figure was.  Ultimate Indiana Jones 12" set or something to that effect. 

BTW, is Sideshow doing a 12" line of figures for Indy?  If so, I wonder how quickly the Hasbro side would die out?  Collectors seem willing to part with $50 from a direct release but I doubt if Hasbro prices these close to that margin in stores that many will move.  Certainly parents are unlikely to get them for the kiddies (though I don't really believe the kiddies are going to be huge into an Indy ROTLA figure anyway) at a $40-50 price point when a 3.75" can be had for $5-6 or so.  So I guess the question is whether Hasbro will even succeed with this line?  I think the Adventure Heroes will be a hit with younger children and collectors alike.  I think the 3.75" line is destined for success with the adult collectors and maybe a flush of sales from the movie release when the toys inundate Walmart and kin, but the 12" line?  Meh.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2008, 05:56 PM »
I wonder how quickly the Hasbro side would die out?  Collectors seem willing to part with $50 from a direct release but I doubt if Hasbro prices these close to that margin in stores that many will move.  Certainly parents are unlikely to get them for the kiddies (though I don't really believe the kiddies are going to be huge into an Indy ROTLA figure anyway) at a $40-50 price point when a 3.75" can be had for $5-6 or so.  So I guess the question is whether Hasbro will even succeed with this line?  I think the Adventure Heroes will be a hit with younger children and collectors alike.  I think the 3.75" line is destined for success with the adult collectors and maybe a flush of sales from the movie release when the toys inundate Walmart and kin, but the 12" line?  Meh.

Frankly, I'm really surprised that there's even going to be four different SKUs in Hasbro's 12" line to begin with.  I figured just the one, kinda like the vintage line.  As far as waves go, it's gotta be a one-and-done thing.  (Or maybe two-and-done, although that doesn't rhyme, and, as such, doesn't sound as good.)

If I had to guess, I'd say we'll be getting either one or two Indys (depending on if the Indy we saw in San Diego comes with a jacket or not), Mutt (Shia's character) and either Spalko (Cate Blanchett's character) or Marion (they wouldn't do two different female characters, would they?)  I'd bet on Spalko before Marion.

Anyway, very cool news on these mailaways.  Even without seeing them, they already sound a lot better than the lame ones we got in the VOTC promos.  For me, the Adventure Heroes is a given, the 3 3/4" is a probably, and the 12" is a wait-and-see.  I'd imagine we'll see a lot of these type of posts, soon after launch day:  FS:  Four 2008 Indiana Jones 12" figs, from people who don't care about Hasbro's 12" line but just want a 12" Ark, for whatever reason.  But that's all kind of dependent on what Sideshow does.

(And I guess, with Arks confirmed for the AH and 12" lines, I guess it's all but guaranteed that we'll be getting one in the 3 3/4" line too, huh?  The only question is how they'll deliver it--maybe in the Deluxe line or maybe even packed in with the Desert Convoy Truck or something.)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."