Author Topic: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers  (Read 57171 times)

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Ticket to Adventure Mail-Away Offers
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 03:32 PM »
I agree, Brian.  As soon as I saw it in the film I started calculating in my head how much that would cost to do a dio!  Too much.  If that's anything like some of the older mail-aways from the Star Wars line, though, we may be able to score some for $5 or $6 on eBay in a year or so.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2008, 04:12 PM »
Don't we need 12 of them for a full dio? That's 72 stickers!
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2008, 06:02 PM »
That was my logic for asking for extra stickers. I wouldnt mind getting 13 of them (i think it was 13 not 12) I dont think it is realistic to get all of them but i am going to try and get a few
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2008, 01:57 AM »
You know what's funny? I was thinking the exactly the same thing as the rest of you: "how the heck am I going to swing getting 13 of those?!?"

I've got enough stickers and forms to send away for four and my fifth certificate is short two stickers.
My current army builder counts are:
German Soldier x4
Russian Soldier x4
Ugha Warrior x4
Cemetary Warrior x2

If I upped my Cemetary Warrior count to 3 which is the number in the movie, upped the other three to six of each and I was already planning on picking up a second Dovchenko to put at the controls of the Jungle Cutter vehicle - those additional eight figures would bring my certificate tally up to six complete certificates.

I know that relics and stickers will be coming with the Last Crusade and Temple of Doom Waves and both of those have six figures each so that would bring my count up to 8. I think I'm going to buy extra Thugee Soldiers from the ToD wave, but even if I picked up only six of those, that would leave my ninth certificate short one sticker.

So even if I grabbed an extra Indy or something, I would still be short four Crystal Skeletons to complete the dio.

I have to say, before seeing the movie, I thought Hasbro had kinda blown it with the mail-away figure. How wrong was I?!?!

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2008, 03:33 PM »
 :o Damn you Hasbro!!!! >:(
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
WANTED: 6 Relic Stickers
« Reply #35 on: June 1, 2008, 11:48 PM »
Hey everybody. I have a dilemma of sorts. I want the Crystal Skeleton Alien figure, but I don't want to open my neat little cardboard boxes. If anyone has extra stickers that they don't want and are willing to spend $0.41 to mail, I'd be glad to take them. If it helps, I have Star Wars Capt. Rex POPs to trade. Please PM me with any offers/donations. Thanks in advance.

*Mods, please move if this is the wrong place*

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #36 on: June 2, 2008, 09:46 PM »
This may sound wacky, but in order to get more stickers you could always buy duplicates, keep the stickers and resell the loose figures as a set.  Odds are if you have a full series you'll get maybe 75-80% of your money back, maybe more, which really makes getting a bunch of stickers relatively inexpensive.  If all went relatively well I don't doubt that you could complete a diorama of 13 Crystal Skeletons for less than $150.  I could be wrong, but that's just my opinion based on all the buying and selling I've done in order to populate our Toy Database.  Usually I get around 80% or so back on the Hasbro stuff.

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 2, 2008, 10:17 PM »
Geez John, I collect only loose, so if you're selling loose stuff at 75-80% of retail price, look no further.   ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 2, 2008, 10:30 PM »
My stupid Skull Indy didn't come with one, erg I hate people who do that.  >:(
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 3, 2008, 12:10 AM »
I completely lucked out the other night on RebelScum.  A guy posted looking for a trade of 6 Skeleton coupons for 4 Ark coupons.  Made the trade and today got the 4 stickers and the form for the Ark.  So I didn't have to buy all those 12" figures.

I already have one set of 6 for my own Skeleton and will have enough for at least one more when the wave 3 figures hit so I'm pretty happy with the deal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 3, 2008, 08:27 PM »
I upped the number of army builders I have from 4 to 6 for the German Soldier, Russian Soldier and Ugha Warrior - in two of these recent purchases, I guess the stickers had stuck together when the worker was putting them into the cardboard "crate" so instead of gaining six stickers, I actually scored eight stickers.

I'm up to seven complete certificates now.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 3, 2008, 08:34 PM »
Got any spare relics Pete?
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Theo Zissou

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • My myspace page
« Reply #42 on: June 3, 2008, 08:36 PM »
i have 2 certificates done. i think with the upcoming waves i should end up with 2 more easy. 4-5 skeletons should be good enough to make a cool one side of the diorama :)

I've actually picked up more Indy figures than i thought i would when I found out some of the cool relics that were packed in like the grail tablet.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2008, 08:38 PM by Theo Zissou »

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 4, 2008, 12:32 AM »
Got any spare relics Pete?

What ones do you still need?
Peter

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 4, 2008, 01:10 AM »
I'm about 1.5 certificates complete, but I plan on getting a few more figures. I got a $50 Target gift card for my birthday so I'll probably end up using that to get more versions of Indy. Only reason I'm getting the Cairo Indy is because of the Grail Tablet, and I'll probably end up getting the basic Marion for the Staff of Rah... sigh.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks