Author Topic: Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers  (Read 31756 times)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers
« on: January 11, 2008, 12:28 AM »
So from the main page, Hasbro will be taking over this line in 2008... Do we need to rename this thread or should we start a new one?  Doesn't look like we will be getting anything 'new' in 2008 though.  According to the press release, they will be releasing a Vader, Obi-Wan, Yoda, Luke, and Darth Maul.  I was really hoping to get the TPM Obi-Wan FX from Master Replicas, but now I can only hope Hasbro puts it out at some point.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 01:06 AM by Jeff »
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 01:06 AM »
New license, new topic.  ;)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 02:42 AM »
I've always wanted the Darth Vader Force Fx saber, but wasn't willing to pay the $150 price tag when TRU was selling them up here.  Hopefully, the price will be more reasonable once Hasbro has the license.  Hopefully.  :-\

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 05:22 AM »
cmon seriously how good could it be if it was from Hasbro???
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 07:13 AM »
cmon seriously how good could it be if it was from Hasbro???

It appears it will be manufactured by eFX and distributed by Hasbro.  It makes me wonder if all the FX sabers showing up at TRU was a kind of test run to see if Hasbro wanted the license.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2008, 10:16 AM »
It appears it will be manufactured by eFX and distributed by Hasbro.  It makes me wonder if all the FX sabers showing up at TRU was a kind of test run to see if Hasbro wanted the license.

Honestly, I tend to think that it was because Master Replicas wanted to get rid of all their inventory before the end of 2007, but I think that Hasbro's reps could see how well they were selling when they were in the stores.

I really hope that they will drop the price on these a bit, but I have to think that they will either be the same price or higher since this is a new 'venture' for both of these companies.  Maybe after they get into a routine with these they will be able to offer them at a more reasonable price, but for now I'm not getting my hopes up too high.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 04:15 PM »
I wasn't thrilled to hear hasbro got the license for these, but if they keep the quality the MR had with the FX sabers, I'll give them a good long look.  Especially if they do a TPM Obi-Wan saber.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2008, 04:31 PM »
I'm happy to hear these will be continuing, and hopefully Hasbro can keep up the same level of quality that we saw from MR.  Now if we could get them even cheaper, even better.  I have two (both as gifts), Obi-Wan (ROTS) and Vader.  I always wanted to get a Luke, but never had the money really when they were available - hopefully this will give me my chance.  If they get cheap enough, hopefully I can get even more of them.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2008, 05:00 PM »
I'm torn on this.  My mood right now isn't very pro-Hasbro, so it's not really fair of me to suggest they can't pull it off.  I'm not that keen on them having it for biased reasons. 

I don't know if they can reduce the price much, maybe down to $99 or so, but not that much further I can't imagine.  I expect production may go up but I worry that any reduction in price might be because they are re-releasing older versions.  I don't mind replacing a $5-10 figure with a better one, but a $100-150 lightsaber?  Probably not. 

I have five right now and the only two I'm considering are Yoda's, because of the size and the blue Obi saber that seems to be more similar to the ANH version (is it?).  I have one of each color as that was my original intent (sorry, one of each color plus Mauls dual blade) so I don't think I want more.  But I wouldn't mind swapping my blue Anakin for the Obi because of the different style of hilt and Anakin's hilt is very similar to Vader's.  Go figure.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2008, 08:48 PM »
So per the main page:

Hasbro Force FX Lightsabers Revealed

I'm a little surprised that they would release yet another Luke and Vader saber as their first offerings.  I was hoping that they would have done something new.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2008, 08:50 PM »
I believe that they are planning on re-releasing pretty much all of the MR sabers before adding anything new to the line...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2008, 09:03 PM »
when they rerelease the lightsabers do you thihnk they will reduce the prices? i have the yoda one already and like it alot and would like to get others

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 03:35 PM »
Walmart.com has these on clearance for $50 right now.  I never ordered MR's Maul saber so I went ahead and grabbed two site to store for $105 total.  From what I've seen at TRU and their store demo version, these are fairly close to Master Replica's versions.  Now I just need Mace's purple one and I'll be all set.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 03:51 PM »
These great deals always have to happen when we don't have any money ;).  I always wanted a Luke FX saber, so that ANH one is awfully tempting at $50.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Walmart.com has these on clearance for $50 right now.

Thanks for the tip.  I might finally bite on one of these.

Other than the price - what's the difference between this one and this one?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2008, 03:58 PM by iFett »
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN