Author Topic: Gentlemen: What type of wallet are you sporting?  (Read 12149 times)

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
Re: Gentlemen: What type of wallet are you sporting?
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2008, 03:01 PM »
Still searching for a manly man purse.

Any suggestions*?

*Save the smart ass comments for your momma.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2008, 03:12 PM »
I realize the time has been short with your tasty wallet but what has been the better purchase, your wallet or your smelly ass flip flops

Mmmm. . .  that's a tough question.  Apples and oranges.  Wallets and flip-flops.

Difficult to say.  I very much enjoyed my smelly ass flip flops but they only lasted me a year or so.  Whereas I expect the new wallet will last me much longer.  Plus, the wallet was cheaper.  So the wallet is probably the better bang for my buck, but I did really, really enjoy my flip-flops in the short time we had together.

So, can I answer this later?

(By the way, I've been meaning to order some new flip-flops for the upcoming Spring and Summer.  Perhaps a thread-bump is in order?)
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2008, 05:01 PM »
I bought a fairly nice Kenneth Cole black, leather bifold wallet.  It's pretty good for carrying my cards and ID, which is about all I have in there.  And doing that keeps it on the slim side, so I don't wind up with George Costanza syndrome.  I keep my cash in a stainless steel money clip.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 05:06 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2008, 11:49 PM »
I have a Costanza easily.  been ribbed about it ever since Seinfeld came out.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2008, 10:23 AM »

Any suggestions*?

Dunno, but when you finally find the right man purse, make sure it has the Patriots logo/emblem embroidered on there somewhere.
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2008, 11:10 AM »
Nah, next year I'll be on a different bandwagon.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2008, 11:10 AM by ruiner »

Offline Darth Slothus

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2008, 03:56 PM »
Constanza wallet all the way.
Sure, get ribbed- but typically could care less.
Actually, my plan is to develop some health condition from the lack of blood flows it causes, then do something about when that happens.
About 2 inches high, resembling a small square shaped cheeseburger.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #52 on: February 27, 2008, 02:40 PM »
I realize the time has been short with your tasty wallet but what has been the better purchase, your wallet or your smelly ass flip flops

Mmmm. . .  that's a tough question.  Apples and oranges.  Wallets and flip-flops.

Difficult to say.  I very much enjoyed my smelly ass flip flops but they only lasted me a year or so.  Whereas I expect the new wallet will last me much longer.

I expected my new wallet would last me much longer, but apparently my dog didn't.  He had it for a snack yesterday.  Now, he's had plenty of opportunities to eat it before, but always left it alone, so why all of a sudden he decided to chew it up one day. . .  well, only he knows why, I guess.

Anyway, immediately ordered another one, exactly the same as before, and I was even able to get the same price on it, which I was happy about.  What I'm not happy about is having to order a new debit card.  I guess what's nice about the front pocket wallet is that so few things fit in there, that when your dog chews it up, there's not a whole lot in there you have to replace.

What I'm trying to say is, the wallet so nice, I ordered it twice!
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #53 on: February 27, 2008, 04:36 PM »
Any suggestions*?

It's not a man purse it's called a manbag. ;D

I sport a fossil Wallet/Money clip combo. The money folds into the outside clip and the credit cards/id's fit in the inside fold. Thin, stylish, functional and durable.  link

« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 05:20 PM by Jeff »
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline stormie

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2008, 05:17 PM »
He had it for a snack yesterday.  Now, he's had plenty of opportunities to eat it before, but always left it alone, so why all of a sudden he decided to chew it up one day. . .  well, only he knows why, I guess.

Maybe he had a sudden cocoa bean craving and decided to tempt fate by sampling your chocolate wallet.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2008, 05:40 PM »
Nice callback.   :)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2008, 08:16 PM »
My girlfriend go tme a money clip for my birthday and i have been trying to use it. I kind of like it.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline name

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I ate your llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 13, 2008, 03:59 PM »
Well I had one of those front pocket holds your cards and a moneyclip type wallets for years and years, but it was getting pretty beaten up, and it was getting to hard to get to certain cards because it was overpacked.  The leather on the money clip had worn and split, revealing the metal inside.  Plus I've started carrying cash a lot more lately, and it was getting annoying.

So last night I bought a new brown leather bi-fold wallet from Target.  Holds 8 cards, bill divider in the main pocket.  I'm happy.  So very neat and tidy.  Almost all my cards have their very own pocket.  Was so nice to buy lunch today and easily pluck the right bill out of my wallet, then easily file the change away in order without having to deal with this big sweaty wad of cash. 

My only complaint is that I have to get my ID out a lot at work to swipe through doors, and it's a little more cumbersom to do that now.  Oh well.

Mine tastes like boisenberry.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 04:00 PM by name »
This sticker is dangerous and inconvenient, but I do love Fig Newtons.

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #58 on: March 13, 2008, 09:07 PM »
I've got some kind of eel-skin wallet. It's alright, I guess, but I've wanted to downgrade to a cheap, light canvas for a long, long time.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2008, 03:41 PM »
Mine is just a simple brown lether wallet. There's no cash in it. My wife has it all! :o
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours