Author Topic: Jedi-Con '08 Shadow Troopers 2-Pack  (Read 34000 times)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Shadow Troopers 2-Pack debuts at Jedi-Con!
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2008, 09:59 PM »
Wow, a boring figure that'll be packed with a figure that's being re-packed here later this year.  ::)
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2008, 10:01 PM »
PASS.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2008, 01:07 AM »
LOL, wait Chewie, is that going to be a pass for you?  It'll be nice to have a set, but I won't worry too much if I don't.  May be it'll be available at retail after the con, and it'll be only $10 like the Order 66 2-packs.  The $10 price tag is probably wishful thinking though.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2008, 09:11 AM »
I heard someone suggest it could be a SWshop exclusive. Seems logical if this came to be.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2008, 04:11 PM »
Give credit to Lucas for being a merchandising genius.  He made his fortune by securing the merchandising to Star Wars ages ago and the legacy continues on with all the cloneskittleshadowranktroopers coming out now.  ::)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2008, 06:52 PM »
I actually like it but won't buy it.  I would just rather spend SW money on something else is all.

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2008, 08:21 PM »

From a practical point of view, these figures are pretty silly.  Red highlights on armour for soldiers' that are supposed to be working in the cover of night?  At least, to me that would be the point of calling these clones Shadow Troopers.  Bright  highlights don't really make a lot of sense.

But from an asthetic point of view, I kinda like them, dammit.  The red just looks neat to contrast against the black and grey. 

I won't pay a high premium for them, but I would be interested in tracking them down at some point.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2008, 12:37 AM »
I'd pay $15 for the set. Same price as two figs anyway. And we'll be getting the regular shadow clone with the last Legends line anyway, so that price makes sense.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Darth Vorax

• Youngling
  • Will To Power
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2008, 01:02 AM »
Solid black wouldve been WAY better than this awful coloring. I don't think Troopers should be multiple colors, just doest look right..especially when they start looking like Industrial and Construction signs.

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2008, 11:23 AM »
I hope this is a starwarsshop aftercon exlusive. I kind of like them.  I don't know I am still not cloned out.  Some thing must be wrong with me.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 11:27 AM »
LOL, wait Chewie, is that going to be a pass for you? 

You bet.  There's just only so much display space that I have, and because of that, I don't really get into gimmicks like this... plus, I really don't like the design or even the concept.  Especially seeing one in the kama - that's just getting out of hand.

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 12:49 PM »
This is as easy to pass on as the Target Kashyyk walkers BP. This should do as well as the Shadow Scout which is still rotting on SWS as we speak. I am honestly happy to walk away from items now. I really use to take anything given but no more. I am done with goofy clones. I just want core ones seen in film or at the very least closer to realistic movie appeal like the Hoth Speeder Bikes.

Leave the Shadows in the dark and put a bullet in this concept. It's over already.......
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 11:29 PM »
Finally, some 'Shadow' troops!  I've been waiting for this to come true for what seems like an eternity.

Put me down for 1,000 of those 2-packs.

Offline CaptainYoda

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2008, 01:45 PM »
I have a hard time believing this will be only $10 if it is ever released in the US. The Shadow Stormtrooper from Star Wars Shop was like 13 dollars, and the concept Greivous was 16. This set, IF released here in the states, will probably be $20 easy.

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 01:57 PM »
Or $32 (applying SWS logic).