Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51582 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic/Movie Style Clone Wars figures
« Reply #195 on: September 17, 2010, 11:14 PM »
I'm glad.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hobbie

• Jedi Initiate
  • Astromechs never pegwarm.
    • View Profile
    • Star Wars Astromechs
« Reply #196 on: September 23, 2010, 12:01 AM »
A nice place to test the waters would be to paint up a bunch of existing BAD molds in CW deco as an exclusive set or something.  Droids are kind of a transient between realistic and animated, anyway. 

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #197 on: September 24, 2010, 01:05 AM »
I'd buy Cody, Rex, and Ahsoka in the realistic style. Heck, why not do them? I cherry pick from the CW line, so I'd probably do the same here. It really couldn't be a huge line anyway, since most of the characters in the show have realistic toys anyway.

And dudes like Pre Viszla kind of split the difference anyway, at least when Pre's helmet is on.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 01:05 AM by inadvertent imitation »
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 24, 2010, 09:10 PM »
I'd buy Cody, Rex, and Ahsoka in the realistic style. Heck, why not do them?

I'm sure Hasbro will eventually get around to making realistic versions of these. Even if it's not sometime soon.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #199 on: September 24, 2010, 10:51 PM »
I'd buy just about anything realistic from secondary to primary characters.  I'm easy for this stuff though, and love the cartoon, just hate the animated figures since they're a wholely separate line as far as I'm concerned.  They've been putting out dandies though like the Deluxe Bane. 

But I'm more than happy for realistic sculpts when they come out.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 22, 2010, 11:44 PM »
This announced release should be considered the ultimate evolution of Clone Wars animated series
They should avoid very thin limbs, the lack of color on the soles of clone troopers, the wide faces of some figures.
Perhaps many of them would be retools from tlc or tvc releases with the updated paintjobs.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #201 on: February 10, 2011, 12:35 AM »
Time for a bump...  As per the Forceast this week, with DD, it sounds like Lucasfilm has relaxed their strict non-realistic stance on the Clone Wars line...

However Hasbro says nothing before 2012...  Wouldn't be massive influx.  One at a time, key characters.  Should be on Vintage cards, barring anything changing.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 10, 2011, 09:04 AM »
Of course, 2012 makes sense, as this is clearly one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

ABOMINATIONS BEFORE GOD!!! >:( >:( >:(

Is there nothing they won't defile for the sake of the almighty dollar?
A character’s face is melted by fantastical energy

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 10, 2011, 10:56 AM »
as far as I am concerned, the latest Cad Bane pretty much is the first "realistic" style CW character to me.  that really is one great figure.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 17, 2011, 09:01 AM »
Thought this fit here as well as anywhere else, but SSG has a little post-CC Q and A up with Hasbro, and they mention that there won't be "realistic style" versions of the new Clone Wars characters anytime soon - and they seem pretty definite on that (of course, we "definitely" weren't seeing a number of other things at some point or another too).  Anyways, just thought I'd pass it along, this particular question is towards the end.

From Action Figure Insider Q&A:

Yep, you asked for it, you got it.  A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012.  Stay tuned for more information!

>:(

Ugh, not like we didn't know this was coming, but still. Worst...news...ever. What is even the point? You already have all the core figures in the realistic style! Obi-Wan, Anakin, Rex, Cody, Yoda, etc.

Is anyone REALLY clamoring for a realistic Pre Vizsla?

This is just a crass cash grab on the part of Hasbro..a way to suck more money out of collector's hands who wouldn't touch the animated line otherwise. This is only going to hurt the TCW line IMO, you'll have more clutter on the pegs and even more pegwarmers from having 5 different Obi and Anis sitting there all year.

This only markes sense as a marketing gimmick. There is no philosophical basis for it whatsoever. Animated characters should be done in an animated style, and realistic characters should be done in a realistic style. Keep the chocolate away from the peanut butter!

Rant over.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #205 on: June 17, 2011, 09:04 AM »
I don't know.

I grew to love the animated style, but I've been looking forward to realistic versions of these guys forever.  It doesn't have to be everybody, but I'd like to have the main characters and some of the major clones (Echo, Waxer, Boil).

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #206 on: June 17, 2011, 10:01 AM »
This is just a crass cash grab on the part of Hasbro..a way to suck more money out of collector's hands who wouldn't touch the animated line otherwise.

Yeah, if only people had figured that out long ago...

All I'm really hoping for out of the Animated characters is that the main ones be done in realistic style at some point

Does anyone think this won't happen?   ???

I think of it this way - when is the best time to sell things to kids?  While it's hot/hip/new/fresh/exciting.

That's why we are seeing the animated figures first.  Do the animated style figures first, cash in on the kids (and uber-completeists) with the initial excitement of the movie/cartoon.  If they collect some average collector cash too, it's a bonus. 

Then, once the kids move on to the next thing or get bored, Hasbro goes back and does the realistic style type figures for us.  The uber-completeists & some average collectors take another hit and the other collectors they missed before buy in finally.

If they started with "realistic" style and then went animated, many causal fans would pass on the animated stuff becuase they'd already have the realistic figures that matched what they have now.  By doing the animated stuff first, you get the casual folks to buy some animated first, then try to get them to re-buy characters in realistic style later...

I see people saying "when the animated line fails, then they will make realistic style" like Hasbro needs to learn some lesson from this... how do we know that wasn't their plan all along?   Maybe they sat down and decided "we'll sell as much animated as we can to kids and then sell the realistic style once the animated has run it's course"? Makes sense to me and certainly flows with things they've done in the past to extend the line...  ;)

:)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 17, 2011, 11:17 AM »
Yeah, we already knew this was coming, but I wouldn't mind seeing a few figures sprinkled in here or there.  Honestly, some of them already fit in reasonably well, and I definitely don't need to see the whole lineup redone either.  I'm sure we'll get Anakin and Obi-Wan (although Anakin in particular is pretty much exactly the same as the ROTS version at this point), but otherwise I wouldn't mind seeing Ahsoka, Cad Bane (although the deluxe version is probably close enough too), etc.  Most of the Jedi can pretty easily be done or slightly adapted from the ROTS versions, as well as many of the clones.  I'm ok with a few, as long as it doesn't start taking up half or majority of the vintage line.

I'm wondering if the CW line is starting to slow down a bit with the kiddos.  I'm sure it still sells great, but I do remember at the beginning where they honestly couldn't keep them on the pegs here (or anywhere by the way it sounded).  They obviously ship a lot more often than TVC, but I'd say the pegs have been pretty full for awhile now (particularly at WM) and they don't seem to disappear quite as quickly anymore.  Like Jeff's post mentions, the kids are really into it when it is new and hot and maybe some are moving on to other things more already now.  Or maybe it is just as popular as ever, I don't know.  But, it could be the reason we're going to start to see them in the Vintage line now, since - as Jeff mentioned - everyone who is remotely interested has probably broken down and bought the animated versions so now they can get us again.

Offline McMetal

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 17, 2011, 12:03 PM »
Well, the pegs may be jammed with TCW product but it's a glut of crap from 3-4 waves ago, if not older. Good luck finding much of the last 2 waves out there. The new stuff still seems to fly off the shelves, the problem is just that there isn't any new stuff shipping in any quantity. It's hard to gauge the overall health of the line right now because of the ongoing distribution mess.

Jeff, your foresight is admirable, but I don't think this is happening because the TCW line has gone stale or the kids have moved on to something else. If anything, it may be more of a commentary on the state of the TVC line than its animated counterpart.

I wish they would have held off on this until after the show was over and the proper animated line had run its course. Of course the bottom line is always money, and everything else is a distant second. No shock there.

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
TVC "The Clone Wars" Realistic-Styled Figures
« Reply #209 on: June 17, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Confirmed by Hasbro in Action Figure Insider's Q/A session:

Q2)  And any chance/thought of Hasbro doing figures of Pre-Visla, Cad Bane, Asoka, Hondo, Embo, or any of the other "Clone Wars" characters in the more realistic saga or vintage styles?

A2)  Yep, you asked for it, you got it.  A handful of core Clone Wars figures are planned for the Vintage Collection line in 2012.  Stay tuned for more information!

Rex, Ahsoka, and probably Cad Bane are a given, but asides from those three I'd like to see Asajj Ventress and Savage Opress.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"