Author Topic: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures  (Read 51586 times)

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Realistic Clone Wars 3D Figures
« Reply #210 on: June 17, 2011, 06:59 PM »
I am mixed about this. I am like sweet and also like who cares.  We all knew this was going to happen.  I would like to see Rex (I have a feeling he going to be in ROTS bluray movie), phase 1 Cody, Echo, Fives, Waxer, Boil, Ahsoka, Cad Bane.

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 17, 2011, 09:21 PM »
i'm psyced about it.  something "new"  i know every old school collector, like myself, want all of Jabba's troop and every alien in the Cantina and I can't wait for the definitve version of Bespin Han. BUT it'd be nice to have some 'new' non animated characters that aren't from 25-30 years ago.   Hate the CW or love it most of it does fit within the storyline of the movies and is better then alot of the books that have come out.  My real concern is if say Ahsoka would they make the younger season 1 & 2 version or the current 3 & 4 version.  Current Obi/Anakin are easy enough of a custom I wouldn't even want Hasbro to bother making them.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #212 on: June 18, 2011, 12:22 AM »
I'm psyched...

No, seriously, I am.

I wanted realistic from the get-go.  Hasbro confirmed back at Toy Fair they were doing realistic figures from CW in the line, so I wouldn't say it's just getting confirmed now...  Real news would've been confirming WHO they're doing.

But like Jeff said, this was seen a mile away.

They showed a great realistic Anakin to us back a while...  I forget if it was us who asked the "realistic Clone Wars" questions back then, but that Anakin has stuck in my head ever since I saw it.

For me, this is huge though.  What I'd like to see?

-Anakin...  There is no CW Anakin in that outfit, with that hair.  I'm excited to add it to the collection.  I want an Ani as he appears for most of the war.

-Obi-Wan...  Obi's mostly like his ROTS character, simply in his partial armor.  Like Anakin, I'm all for giving that a go.  I was going to try my own custom of him but this saves that.

-Ahsoka...  Definitely.  I want both her young and maturing look too.

-Rex...  Ideally, we'll get both helmets.  Rex was going to be a bitch of a custom to do, with all the paint details on his armor.

-Cody...  Early War Cody?  I'm all for it.

-Clone Repaints...  I'll take them.

I don't foresee them doing too many secondary characters, but I could see a new Assajj coming out, possibly some of the secondary Clones will get unique headsculpts in the realistic style too.  I'd be all for seeing that stuff.  I don't expect to see Whorm Loathsome, or Ziro the Hutt...  Not even sure they'll risk Cad Bane (Duros look generally thin anyway, so I like the last Bane that came with TODO as a realistic figure.  Even the Deluxe looks pretty realistic).

I've passed on MOST animated figures.  I don't own any Anakin, and I think I only own Obi-Wan from a Freeco bike...  A few pack-in Clones here and there.  Eh...  I've largely avoided animated except for droids like the IG-86 droid, or Yularren's on clearance for the table.  I'm definitely interested in these realistic CW figures though, and how Hasbro can do them in the realistic line.  That Anakin sculpt is stuck in my mind, and it was incredible looking.

Oh, and an "adventurer outfit" Padme wouldn't hurt either. ;)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Animated Style for the Clone Wars 3D Figures?
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2011, 02:34 AM »
Time for a bump...  As per the Forceast this week, with DD, it sounds like Lucasfilm has relaxed their strict non-realistic stance on the Clone Wars line...

However Hasbro says nothing before 2012...  Wouldn't be massive influx.  One at a time, key characters.  Should be on Vintage cards, barring anything changing.

I knew it was somewhere in here and didn't even realize it was only a couple posts up from the bump. Right around Toy Fair...  DD confirmed they were doing this back in February.  It's not really a revelation IMO, but it's at least interesting nonetheless.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 02:38 AM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline darth broem 2

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2011, 07:56 AM »
I am shocked they did not go this route sooner.  There are a few I would not mind having in realistic form but now that the CW has been out for 3 seasons I would almost rather that they be separate.  Like I said, I always assumed they would do it anyway though.  Yeah, it's a cash grab which is the main reason I thought they would do it.  Obviously there are going to be people that like this so it's a good idea for them.  I would much rather have those spots go to a figure from the films myself, but that is selfish.  I get what they are doing and I am fine with it.  They are company that wants to turn a profit.  There is nothing wrong with this in my opinion.  If you don't like them then do not buy them.  Are there people that still buy everything regardless? 

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11 AM »
I'd rather be able to find figures I want over expecting figures I don't.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 18, 2011, 01:07 PM »
I'm psyched...

No, seriously, I am.

I wanted realistic from the get-go.  Hasbro confirmed back at Toy Fair they were doing realistic figures from CW in the line, so I wouldn't say it's just getting confirmed now...  Real news would've been confirming WHO they're doing.

But like Jeff said, this was seen a mile away.

They showed a great realistic Anakin to us back a while...  I forget if it was us who asked the "realistic Clone Wars" questions back then, but that Anakin has stuck in my head ever since I saw it.

For me, this is huge though.  What I'd like to see?

-Anakin...  There is no CW Anakin in that outfit, with that hair.  I'm excited to add it to the collection.  I want an Ani as he appears for most of the war.

-Obi-Wan...  Obi's mostly like his ROTS character, simply in his partial armor.  Like Anakin, I'm all for giving that a go.  I was going to try my own custom of him but this saves that.

-Ahsoka...  Definitely.  I want both her young and maturing look too.

-Rex...  Ideally, we'll get both helmets.  Rex was going to be a bitch of a custom to do, with all the paint details on his armor.

-Cody...  Early War Cody?  I'm all for it.

-Clone Repaints...  I'll take them.

I don't foresee them doing too many secondary characters, but I could see a new Assajj coming out, possibly some of the secondary Clones will get unique headsculpts in the realistic style too.  I'd be all for seeing that stuff.  I don't expect to see Whorm Loathsome, or Ziro the Hutt...  Not even sure they'll risk Cad Bane (Duros look generally thin anyway, so I like the last Bane that came with TODO as a realistic figure.  Even the Deluxe looks pretty realistic).

I've passed on MOST animated figures.  I don't own any Anakin, and I think I only own Obi-Wan from a Freeco bike...  A few pack-in Clones here and there.  Eh...  I've largely avoided animated except for droids like the IG-86 droid, or Yularren's on clearance for the table.  I'm definitely interested in these realistic CW figures though, and how Hasbro can do them in the realistic line.  That Anakin sculpt is stuck in my mind, and it was incredible looking.

Oh, and an "adventurer outfit" Padme wouldn't hurt either. ;)

i just hope they don't use the new phase one trooper body for the clones, i'd hate to by them just for helmets.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 18, 2011, 03:05 PM »
They won't make Ziro for clone wars, so they sure ain't gonna make him for realistic.

Is anyone REALLY clamoring for a realistic Pre Vizsla?

Mandalorians are easy money for Hasbro. I've never seen the CW Mandalorian warrior in person, the battle pack just once. Boba Fett is reissued because he sells, even the cruddy ones.

Those Marvel comic packs that intially sat at some outlets, the mandos from them sell on ebay for decent money.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #218 on: June 18, 2011, 07:29 PM »
I'd rather be able to find figures I want over expecting figures I don't.

Ditto.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #219 on: June 18, 2011, 10:46 PM »
I'm cool with this idea as it will put some newish stuff in the line.  But I do hope we get Cad, or Snow clone, or something very different.  Curious, but not wildly excited.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jabba the Slug

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2011, 03:13 AM »
Being that these are coming out on TVC cards, I wonder if Hasbro will use art from the cartoon or (and most likely, too) use realistic sketches of the characters.
"'Want to see a trick I learned at the Sith Temple? It's called "'Force Choke.'"

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #221 on: June 20, 2011, 11:24 AM »
I'm happy with this. I'd like to get some of the cool alien characters. Those Muftak aliens immediately come to mind, as long as they aren't using that same Muftak body. I'd also love some of the bounty hunters and the IG droids.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram