Author Topic: More Ultimate Battlepacks  (Read 14824 times)

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
Re: More Ultimate Battlepacks
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Damnit Jesse, now you've posted two novels that I have to read and then reply to.   :P

And if you do respond... please put the responses in the correct threads.

I don't mind the playset talk so much since it is possible these future ultimate battle packs may contain set pieces and/or props and that sort of relates to the topic (though stretching a bit), but all the Realistic vs. Animated debate should moved from this thread from here on out since it really has nothing to do with UBPs.

Yes, I understand the animated stuff got dragged in here as a "Hasbro lies to us" example, but the discussion has moved so far beyond that it's time to stop it or move it back where it belongs.  I don't mind when we stray a little off topic from time to time, but you guys are all over the place in here... ;)

Thanks!
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2008, 12:49 PM »
No problem - when I get to it, I'll reply to the Animated discussion in the appropriate thread.  Thanks for the inconvenience Jeff.   ::)  ;)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2008, 01:41 PM »
If this answer doesn't scream "Target's Christmas 2008 exclusive," I don't know what does:

.... It seems like there was a lot of hype and rumor about a new Millennium Falcon vehicle for the main line, including the leak of a Target DCPI number that came with the AT-TE - which Hasbro is indeed materializing. There was a lot of expectation that Hasbro would unveil both the AT-TE and this new Millennium Falcon at Toy Fair, and while the former appeared, the latter did not, so might you comment on these Falcon rumors at all? If nothing else, a simple confirmation or denial would ease a lot of collector tension. (SSG, 03/20/08)

We have no comment on anything to do with a Millenium Falcon item, other than to say that it is not our policy to comment on certain rumors especially as they pertain to items that may appear in the Target (or any other retailer's) computers. Often, there is a reason for this secrecy because some items may be part of that retailers promotional tactics such as the Ultimate Battle Packs at Target. Whether or not there is another such concept in development will not be commented upon for this reason.

(And yes, Hasbro lies to us about everything.)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 01:43 PM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2008, 03:09 PM »
It definitely seems to.  Which is good news that something seems to be coming, but if it pics are kept as secretly has the Hoth/Endor sets were, we might not really get many details until the Fall...

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 22, 2008, 11:30 AM »
Any kind of Death Star set pieces would be nice additions.  I hope they're not just the doorways from the POTF2 Electronic FX figures as the basis for these.

Personally, I'd like to see the tractor beam station as the large accessory.  That's still one of my favorite pieces from the Vintage Death Star playset.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 24, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Too bad it wasn't a final dual set. I know the figures would be limited, but we could get some cool cat-walks, steps and/or control stations.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 18, 2008, 03:18 PM »
Something I thought of recently while going through the shelves is a Lars Homestead UBP.  It might not be the most exciting thing, but it might be a good way to put that nice SAGA Landspeeder out there again, a handful of moisture vaporators from the TAC Luke figure, and maybe one of the "huts" that sits above ground at the homestead would be cool.  It would be a good opportunity to get resculpted Owen Lars and Beru (although that would make people understandably mad if they were in a pricey Battle Pack), and maybe a re-release of figures like the VOTC Luke, a R2-D2 (using a R4-G9 repaint), and a weathered version of the Endor throne 3PO.  You could probably toss in some other miscellaneous droids, or if you wanted to extend it, maybe even Obi-Wan, Jawas, or Tusken Raiders.  Now that I think of it though, it really isn't "action oriented" enough, and probably wouldn't be a big seller.  It would be neat to see the Landspeeder out there again, and be able to get more of the vaporators or other Lars homestead scenery.

A more action-oriented idea might be something revolving around the Sarlacc Pit.  This might be the only way we could get a Sarlacc, even if it was a plastic/cardboard combo piece as the bottom of the box.  You could also put the POTF2 Skiff (or two) in there, and pack it full of skiff guards, Han, Luke, Lando, Chewie, and everyone else in that scene.

Offline clonebuyer111

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2008, 04:20 PM »
a Death Star Escape battlepack would be cool
hopefully they make a super articulated obi wan kenobi the votc one i did not like it had swival cut joints!
very dissapointed in that one
so a updated one would be nice

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 2, 2008, 06:42 PM »
Something I thought of recently while going through the shelves is a Lars Homestead UBP.

A more action-oriented idea might be something revolving around the Sarlacc Pit.

A couple of good calls there, Brian.

So this thread started with rumors of an Endor Celebration UBP and a Death Star UBP. I do believe Target is going to have one more UBP that we haven't seen yet, and GH's Adam Blogger seems pretty sure of a Death Star playset with lots of add-ons on the horizon...starting this holiday season. Maybe this Death Star set will pan out after all.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 2, 2008, 08:19 PM »
One Death Star II environment that might make for a good UBP is the Emporer's throne room.  It's a location for both action and serious exposition.  But Hasbro said something to the effect that a throne might not be in the works.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 3, 2008, 02:00 PM »
The Throne room would certainly be cool, but I think it would require too much work to make the set pieces for the UBP.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 4, 2008, 10:11 AM »
Yeah, after reading the Galactic Blogger about that rumored Death Star, I was thinking about those earlier UBP rumors as well.  Adam May seemed to drop hints that this would be "phase 1" of the Death Star playset/environment, so maybe we get a chunk in an UBP this Nov/Dec at Target, some other smaller add-ons next year, and then another big UBP next holiday season.  Just speculating, but that might be kind of nifty and a way to do this "new Death Star" without pricing it at $500 in one shot.