Author Topic: Toy Story  (Read 20769 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Toy Story
« on: January 26, 2008, 05:23 PM »
Sounds like Toy Story 3 is a go...In 3D!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979561.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

'Toy Story' gets 3-D makeover
Disney to re-release Pixar franchise
By MARC GRASER
Disney is giving Pixar’s 'Toy Story' franchise the 3-D treatment.

The Mouse House is giving Pixar's "Toy Story" franchise the 3-D treatment.
As part of an aggressive move by the studio to turn more of its toons into 3-D releases, company will convert "Toy Story" into the format and re-release the pic in theaters on Oct. 2, 2009. Its sequel will get the same makeover and bow Feb. 12, 2010.

The re-releases lead up to the opening of the newest adventure for Woody, Buzz Lightyear and their toy pals: "Toy Story 3" is slated for June 18, 2010. It will also be shown in 3-D; Lee Unkrich (co-director of "Toy Story 2") is helming.

Studio said John Lasseter, who directed the first two "Toy Story" pics and serves as chief creative officer for Disney and Pixar Animation Studios, will oversee the creative side of the 3-D conversions for "Toy Story" and "Toy Story 2."

The Mouse has become the latest studio to push the 3-D format, especially with its animated fare, as a way to lure more auds into theaters.

And for good reason. Studio's seen strong numbers from its releases that have received the 3-D treatment, such as Tim Burton's "The Nightmare Before Christmas," "Chicken Little" and "Meet the Robinsons." Of the $97.8 million domestic haul for "Robinsons," for example, $30.4 million came from 3-D runs.

Disney's upcoming "Hannah Montana & Miley Cyrus: Best of Both Worlds Concert," toon "Bolt," the performance-capture adaptation of "A Christmas Carol," the stop-motion pic "Frankenweenie" and live-action/performance capture combo "Alice in Wonderland" will also be distribbed in 3-D.

The studios have set their sights on 2009 as the year for auds to embrace 3-D; by then, thousands of theater screens will be capable of showing off the technology.

Across town, DreamWorks will bow "Monsters vs. Aliens" and "How to Train Your Dragon" that year in Imax 3-D and on regular screens in digital 3-D, with "Shrek Goes Fourth" to follow in 2010.

All of DreamWorks' toons will be produced for the format in the future, Jeffrey Katzenberg has said.

Meanwhile, 20th Century Fox will release James Cameron's "Avatar" in 3-D next year.

"Beowulf" has been the widest 3-D release to date, with 3-D playdates on hundreds of Imax and regular screens having outgrossed traditional runs throughout several weeks of its release.

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2008, 05:27 PM »
I hope the third one is good.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2008, 10:40 PM »
Has anyone seen any of these new 3D movies?  I've yet to see how well they're done.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 11:05 PM »
Both of my sons are going to freak when I tell them that there's going to be another Buzz and Woody movie coming out.  And they are going to love the fact that they can go to the movie theatre to see the other 2 when they are re-released!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 01:41 AM »
Hmm... not sure about the third one. Back in 05/06 I heard that the storyline was going to be centered around a Buzz Lightyear recall and the rest of the toys just happening to tag along to Taiwan. Interesting, but I'm not sure how they'd make a full movie about it. I'm sure I'll see it though, since I saw both of the other movies in theaters.

Hard to believe it's been 13 years since the original... I feel old.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 04:03 AM »
i'm a little more interested in the mentioned revisions of Frankenweenie (Tim Burton's first feature length) and the live/capture Alice in Wonderland movies, myself. i kinda wish 2D would make a comeback at this point, but oh well.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 09:36 AM »
I am sure Lucas can't wait to bust out his 3-D Star Wars now.  Anyway, nice news about Toy Story 3.  I kind of hope they make another Cars to.

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Good news & all, but who will do the voice of Slinky dog (dawg)?!?!   ???  Slinky just won't be the same...

Know what I mean, Vern?   :-\
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2008, 04:45 PM »
Good news & all, but who will do the voice of Slinky dog (dawg)?!?!   ???  Slinky just won't be the same...

Know what I mean, Vern?   :-\

maybe they should make sothimng up so that he is a mute. i just dont want to here his charater played in a different voice.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2008, 04:50 PM »
maybe they'll just kill him off. that series needs some spice, if you ask me.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 04:54 PM »
maybe they'll just kill him off. that series needs some spice, if you ask me.

lol wow...i was gonna say that too but i just didnt want people to take it wrong.

and although that is a possibility I just can't see them killing off a toy..dont want to upset the younglings now do we  ::)
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2008, 09:51 PM »
I say they make up something about Slinky losing his talking parts. I agree with you guys, he wouldn't be the same with a new voice.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2008, 10:32 PM »
He'll just grunt when Woody asks him if he's coming along for the adventure. Then when the others ask where's Slinky, Woody will say he stayed behind to guard the house and the rest of the toys left behind.

Problem solved.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 02:43 PM »
or they just kill him off.

problem solved.

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2008, 03:18 PM »
or they just kill him off.

problem solved.

man you just want to see him dead don't you? ::)