Author Topic: Toy Story  (Read 20766 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2009, 12:20 PM »
I like Woody's sign more than Buzz's.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 5, 2009, 01:02 PM »
I saw an article today on Yahoo! that the 3-D release of Toy Story and Toy Story 2 will be a double feature and will only play for 2 weeks starting October 2.  They also show a new trailer in the article.

Yahoo! article

However, this cotradicts the earlier report that Toy Story 2 will be coming out February 12, 2010.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 12:26 AM »
My daughter and I went to see the 3D versions of Toy Story 1 & 2 today - they were fantastic!  I've always loved these movies, so adding the 3D experience on top was a great time.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2009, 10:14 AM »
TS3 Trailer

Pretty amazing how powerful just the trailer is.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2009, 11:43 AM »
TS3 Trailer

Pretty amazing how powerful just the trailer is.

Just watched that as well this morning, really looking forward to this next year.  We just watched the first and second ones on DVD and our daughter really loved them.  We're hoping Toy Story 3 can be her for trip to the movie theater :).

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2009, 12:38 AM »
It's amazing to me how much the characters look so much better in TS3. For example, just look at Andy. He looks so much better than he did in the first two movies.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2009, 12:57 AM »
I really wanted to go with my son but he's just not into the entire movie that much.  He likes Buzz but that is about it.  I know he would barely be able to make it through the first one let alone the 2nd.  Oh well  :'(

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Re: Toy Story 3
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2010, 05:06 PM »
Went to see Toy Story 3 today. Excellent film and a very satisfying conclusion to the series, I'm planning on going at least once more.

Offline Neal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2010, 05:55 PM »
I took my daughter to see this.  I think I liked it more than she did ... and she loved it.

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2010, 06:28 PM »
I'd like to check this out sometime soonish at the theater (preferably without hundreds of screaming kids)  Looks like a fun movie and I've always enjoyed Pixar stuff - well except for that Rat movie.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 08:21 PM »
We took our daughter this afternoon as well, and just as others have said, we all loved it.  Every bit as good as the first two I thought, and an excellent end to the "trilogy".  We were talking about it afterwards, and it really is a pretty much perfect trilogy of movies.  All three are so well done.  I'd like to see it again as well.

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2010, 10:14 PM »
Saw TS3 last night, and surprise surprise, another home run by Pixar. I'm gonna go all out and say we have our early candidate for movie of the year, hell, even DECADE. There were parts that made me laugh, there were parts that had me on the edge of my seat, and then there were parts that made me want to start bawling. Seriously, if you don't make it through the ending without at least tearing up you have no soul. Also the Pixar short at the beginning was amazing as well.

FWIW, I was surprised at the lack of kids in my theater... mostly full grown adults which really says something about Pixar's appeal!
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 11:24 AM »
We took the boys to see TS3 on Saturday.  We all loved it.  What a great movie and yes, a great finish to the trilogy.  Great ending for the toys and yes, it did get me all teary-eyed at the end.   :'(
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 01:53 PM »
I'd like to check this out sometime soonish at the theater (preferably without hundreds of screaming kids)  Looks like a fun movie and I've always enjoyed Pixar stuff - well except for that Rat movie.
Rat was the only real steaming pile of crap that Pixar has made IMO.  All their other movies=great.  They usually will get me to the point of tearing up.  The only one that didn't was The Incredibles.  I'll have to take my sons to see this movie.  Both love Pixar's movies. 

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 03:18 PM »
See, I really like Ratatouille, I thought it was really well done and I watched it again last week and thought it the same thing. 

My least favorite for sure is Bug's Life.  It isn't even in the same league as the others.