Author Topic: Muftak's Displays--Updated 8/17  (Read 19256 times)

Offline Glassman6

• Jedi Padawan
  • Hey...Its Me!
    • View Profile
    • Glassman's Customs
Re: Muftak's Shelf Displays--HOTH Update 3/14
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2008, 11:46 AM »
These are beautiful! excellent work.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Muftak's Shelf Displays--HOTH Update 3/14
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2008, 03:54 PM »
Now if only Hasbro would make some more decent figures for you to fill it out with... :P

I didn't get what you meant until I went to the trouble of putting up the shelf. Now that I see 'em, I definitely want better versions. (And I discovered my R3PO is AWOL.)

Here is the shelf on the wall...

I filled it in with the big accessories for now, but my "ultimate" list of figures will require most of those pieces to disappear...

The question was asked whether I have "pegged" my displays...I have not. While I plan to set 'em and forget 'em, I appreciate the ability to move things around too much to put dedicated pegs on there. I loved my ultaramas back in the day, but I was always frustrated by the spacing choices that were out of my control.

Thanks for all the great feedback. Looks like next on my plate is an Alliance shelf. Watch for it soon.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 06:41 PM by Muftak »

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Re: Muftak's Shelf Displays--Imperial Upgrades
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2008, 05:09 PM »
Hey folks.

I was comissioned to build a version of my Imperial Display, and took the opportunity to add in some of the upgrades I will eventually be adding to my own.

I added deck grates (made from wonderful plastic canvas) in the crew pit area:

I changed up the computer at the back for this one as well, in the classic ANH colors this time...

As before, the computer is completely removable, though this time I took care to make it actually more like a stand-alone accessory:

And the display without the computer in the back looks like this...

As always, thanks for looking.

Offline Brisk Arper

• Jedi Initiate
  • ITS A TWAP!!!!
    • View Profile
    • mandalorian mercs
Re: Muftak's Shelf Displays--Imperial Upgrades 4/18
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2008, 09:34 AM »
wow that looks amazing man!
in the words of a famous admiral......

ITS A TWAP!!!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Muftak's Shelf Displays--Imperial Upgrades 4/18
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2008, 10:02 AM »
Last two displays are amazing. Really great work. You found a great niche in the market.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Home One Shelf Display
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2008, 01:10 PM »
Hey guys. I've finished another one. A little bit longer than I was expecting to take, I had a heckuva spring with my wife in the hospital and all sorts of work stuff, but I have completed my Home One Shelf.

A big part of the slow down in work here for me was due to trying to figure out how to build the step-ups. I seriously redid the three levels four times before settling on this configuration (which of course is almost exactly the same as my first version.) That got me burned out on this thing for long stretches of time, and I think it's more of an abandoned project than a finished one, (some areas are not as good as I'd like) but so be it.

I have to say I really enjoyed the back wall and all that panel work.

Once again it is designed to hold another, slimmer shelf above, this time thru the jutting doorways.

I did more sticker design on this one than I've done since the Death Star. I'm pretty pleased with the results of the big wall terminals in particular.

Look for updates more frequently, as I'm gonna tackle some of the smaller shelves for the second tiers of these things, and I totally expect those to go much quicker. I've got one more big one to do, but as it is going to be EU themed I haven't quite decided what the motif will be.

Thanks as always for looking!

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Muftak's Displays--New Rebel Shelf 7/12
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Wow!  Fantastic work on all of these.  Hope the family is doing well.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
Yavin IV Shelf
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2008, 10:47 AM »
Thanks Matt. Everything has been settled down for the summer, so hopefully the drama is behind us.

I finished up the first of my "second-tier" displays this weekend, a home for my Yavin IV figures.

I was excited to do the Death Star plans scene because it was the first scene I thought of when I decided to do these shelves. Somehow that wall was iconic Star Wars backdrop for me. The screen is a custom-made image.

The medal scene was pretty obvious as far as what I needed to have here, too. I plotted the spacing on the essential characters that go here...and cheated size on the steps. The middle one is just wide enough for Luke and Han to stand on, the rest are way too skinny to be used.

For the last third of the thing, I left a pretty open area. Soon it will probalby be where the transport sled is parked (I can't wait!) but for now I made a tactical table to fill it, just for the fun of it. It's underscaled to fit, but I had a lot of fun making the screen.

AS I said, this is a second-tier, so it's a lot more shallow overall. It is designed to sit on top of the Home I shelf I already built. I think they work well together.

That's it for now. More to come soon.

Thanks for looking!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: Muftak's Displays--Updated 8/17
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2008, 12:52 PM »
Another gorgeous shelf! Excellent work as always. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 10:25 AM »
Another set of well done pieces.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 08:28 PM »
Those home-made decals may be the single best thing of these perfect displays!
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke