Author Topic: CW #9 Ahsoka Tano w/Rotta the Hutt  (Read 21751 times)

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
Re: Ahsoka Tano w/ Rotta the Hutt?
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2008, 11:44 AM »
We've got a photo of Ahsoka & Rotta carded up on the front page...

I must say, I'm probably gonna get her and Rotta just because he really is a cute little guy in the cartoon and looked cool in the backpack.  I liked Ahsoka's character too.  I felt she was pretty well thought-out by the writers and fit in nicely with Obi/Ani.  That alone is driving me to maybe pick her figure up whereas I wasn't going to just a couple weeks ago.

I'm thinking the same thing Jesse, but I haven't been collecting the CW stuff but I'm really diggin' her character.  I might just wait and see if they eventually come out with a realistic styling.  She does have a cool saber, and an "open" backpack.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2008, 09:21 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing Jesse, but I haven't been collecting the CW stuff but I'm really diggin' her character. 

Having just seen the movie last night, I look forward to seeing if this changes after this weekend.   There's two things she says that are a little grating, but as design goes, yeah, she's definitely going to make a good action figure.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2008, 08:30 AM »
There's two things she says that are a little grating...

SPOILER RESPONSE  don't read this post if you don't want to know what two things Adam is referring to.

You mean calling Anakin "Sky Guy" and R2 "Artooeee" (R2eeee)

Those were a smidge annoying, however Anakin gets her back by calling her "Snips" refering to being a little snippy.
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
I guess if you speak like a twelve year old, the writing must sound pretty good to you.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2008, 11:04 AM »
Isn't this all basically aimed at kids around 12 though?  That's the impression I get at least. 

Offline Adam_Pawlus

• Jedi Initiate
  • I hate baseball
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2008, 02:22 PM »
Yup.  George said the original six films were also aimed mostly at younger viewers.  There's been a lot of talk about this being aimed at older kids, about being almost a PG-13, but that's probably just a lot of hype and/or an attempt to deflect critics that say he's making violent entertainment for the kiddies.

It's absolutely aimed at a younger audience.  I'm not saying that's a bad thing-- heck, I've watched every episode of Transformers: Animated and (I think all of) the Spectacular Spider-Man show.

Jedi_master_sal pretty much nailed it-- strike the nicknames from the film, or at least the ones Ahsoka comes up with, and I'd say you're in a lot better shape.  If you watched Droids since you became an adult and liked it, I think you're gonna like the movie a lot.  If you think it sucked... well, maybe not so much.
--AP
16bit.com - Webmaster, Editor, Contributor
Entertaiment Earth - Marketing, Merchandising, Podcast
Galactichunter.com - Q&A, Figure of the Day, News

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 02:07 AM »
Now that the movie is out, I'm confused more than ever as to why Ashoka wasn't part of Wave 1.

I think they should have put Ashoka in Wave 1 and pushed Captain Rex back to wave 2. Captain Rex was offered via the mail-away promotion, so that could have been the only vehicle for him for a while, especially with that figure hitting mailboxes shortly after the 7/26 launch.

Perhaps this is just me and I'm unique, but if I was a kid, I'd want two figures right now - Anakin and Ashoka.

Since I had to wait almost five years for a Clone Scuba Trooper to be released, I'm guessing it won't be until 2013 when I'll see Hasbro produce a version of Ashoka for the regular "realistic" styled figure line either.

Yeah!  ::)
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 02:12 AM »
There's a possibility that, because the "film release" of CW was kind of rushed itself, that Hasbro didn't have all the info in-hand and maybe put her off because of that.  She definitely should've been on pegs for the release though.  She's easily more important than Obi-Wan even as far as the film goes.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 12:02 PM »
I'm thinking the same thing Jesse, but I haven't been collecting the CW stuff but I'm really diggin' her character. 

Having just seen the movie last night, I look forward to seeing if this changes after this weekend.   There's two things she says that are a little grating, but as design goes, yeah, she's definitely going to make a good action figure.

saw it on Sat. w/my 8 year old daughter and I still like Ahsoka, even more so.  I think before I became a dad I probably wouldn't have liked it as much but now that I am I can totally see what Lucas was going for with this movie, and it kinda sucks that some won't get it.  This movie is directed at a new generation of fans and with all the "options" that kids have entertainment and what not I see nothing wrong with trying to get their attention/$.  If Lucas can get ahold of that 10 year old and turn over to the Lucas side of the Force it just means that the "story" as it is will continue.  If you only look at the 40 year old that saw it 30 years ago eventually the line will only go so far.

Sorry back to Ahsoka I think she sell well and in fact they've already got me buying 2 of her one for me and one for the daughter, before Padme was her favorite SW character now Ahsoka is her favorite.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2008, 11:47 PM »
Well, I finally broke down & purchased my first animated figure: Ahsoka.  I found her this morning at Target.  All in all, I think they did a great job with her.

Binders full of astromechs...

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2008, 04:02 PM »
I think she looks good enough for the realistic line. I'm getting her for sure. She will also be my first animated single card purchase. I may get Plo Koon, but really so far I'm just not interested in the rest of them. I know if I started getting clones and battle droids, I'd army build them to death, so better to just stay away from them altogether. However, Cody IS calling to me...
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2008, 10:56 PM »
Well, I finally broke down & purchased my first animated figure:

Who's the sucker now?! 

Ha.   8)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2008, 11:28 PM »
I bought the Animated Clone just for the rocket launcher (a moment of weakness?  Perhaps), and the figure's going to donate his hands to a regular Clone I think, for the mobility.  The rocket launcher kicketh much asseth though.  It looks very similar to the one in the 2-D cartoon used on Muunilist by the ARC team.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2008, 12:34 AM »
Well, I finally broke down & purchased my first animated figure:

Who's the sucker now?! 

Ha.   8)

Alas, it's true: I'm a sucker.  But a sucker that was had for only $7.99.  Could've been worse (i.e. $20, $30, $50).   ;D
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Sprry75

• Jedi Apprentice
  • semper ubi sub ubi
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 10:57 PM »
I saw this one at Target today.  Very tempting just for the little Hutt thing. 

I hated Ahsoka in the movie, but the figure does look very nice.  And the concept of having a baby Hutt was appealing...

But I ultimately passed.

"Really?  Sorry."