Author Topic: Re: Jeditaz's Customs Update Page 4, Juhani, Bastila, Mission, and Zaalbar KOTOR  (Read 27527 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
I know who that is. It's Prince Caspian!

This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
WOW thanks Phruby.  Does he come with that wolf 2 pack as well?  I'd been wanting to get that one for the wolf but if Prince comes with him that'll be 2 birds w/one stone kind of thing.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Not sure about the wolf pack. I've been thinking of picking up a few of these for my fodder bin.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
Don't mean to be a nit picker but either my own tattoo is wrong or you trimed the bottom full bar

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
Kratos and caedus;

great job! personally i'd buy either one of these if i saw them in a store. awesome work.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Those are some amazing customs. I really like the paintjobs on the clone troopers, and these days original and unique clone-oriented customs are few and far between IMO, so that's some really impressive work. The Plo Koon also blew me away, it's incredible. Really really REALLY great work there, you're very talented. :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Jeditaz's Customs (Accepting Commissions!)
Thanks guys. I really appreciate the comments. Patreek...I think you are right. I used the symbol from his sheath on the chest, and it didnt hit me til you said something. Wish I still had it to look at to verify...but the symbol came from the sheath on the new 25th Storm Shadow, if that helps.

New stuff in next post...sorry its been a while....give me a vote...do you want to see my non star wars stuff each week even if I dont have any SW stuff to post? LMK!

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Hi guys, back again with some customs. First off, I have repainted my Light Up Iron Monger. The original paint job I had on it was off quite a bit, and thanks to some generous emails with pics, I got a better idea of what Iron Monger would have looked like under better lighting. The pictures still turned out a bit lighter than what the actual custom is, but I assume that is due to the metallic finish. 6 inch scale for those that are not into the Iron Man stuff.

The second one is my favorite of all the Iron Man stuff I have done so far. Hulk Buster Iron Man.  Six Inch Scale. The Hulk movie is coming, and along with some other customizers, I thought it would be nice to see Iron Man show up in it. I doubt we will see that just yet, but this is what I can imagine the armor looking like if it were to be in it. I added some half spheres to the elbow joints to kind of differentiate between the Iron Monger and Hulk Buster, and gave it the absolute shiniest paint job I have ever done. You can actually see your reflection in this thing!

The last is a new Elite Long Range Arc Trooper. I went with a bit of a different design than my first elite, and instead of red, went with blue for the color scheme. Most of the custom was modified with vinyl that I finally found a source of. Base figure is an AOTC Super Articulated Clone.

As always, you can find more information on how these were made, and more pics on my site.... http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home .....and please, comments and critiques are always greatly appreciated!

Iron Monger

Iron Man Hulk Buster Armor

Elite Long Range Arc Trooper

Again, more pics at my site, as well as a plethora of other customs I have done if you are just viewing my stuff for the first time!

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Jeditaz's Customs Update page 3 6/26 AOTC Obi, Kyle Katarn ++
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2008, 05:08 PM »
Hi Everyone. I am finally back after some commissions I had to complete, and my son spending a bit of time in the hospital. He is fine, and finally, I am too, lol. Anyhow, I have some new customs to show off to you guys. Some are reworked from my previous versions, others are new to you. http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home

First off Is my reworked Kyle Katarn. Not a whole lot of reworking, but I needed the head I used on him previously for a Thrawn Custom. Not to mention it was one of the things I hated most about the custom. His head was too large. So I replaced it with a GI joe Duke head. It is more fitting with the body style, and still retains the same overall look. If anything, to me, it is more detailed.

More pics of him at my site! http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home

Next up is my Aotc style Obi Wan. Hasbro has not hit the nail on the head for me with this one. There have been several. I took a ROTS Obi Wan, resculpted the head (mostly the hair), and added the lower legs of the Jedi vs Sith Obi Wan  and sculpted over the holes in the legs, and the attachment points for the legs to make them more seamless.

Again, more pics at my site. http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home

I will have pics of the commissions up as soon as I recieve the Okay from both of the customers.

And as usual, these are up for sale, you know where to look. I also took some updated pics of my DS2 Luke and my ANH Luke. Take a look below, and more at the site I mentioned selling stuff at. Please, post any comments and critiques you may have for me! Thanks for lookin!

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
Re: Jeditaz's Customs Update Page 3 Bastila, Jolee, and non SW stuff!
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2008, 05:49 PM »
Hi all. Its been a while since I really had a lot of customs to show at once. I apologize for that, but there has been a lot of circumstances in my personal life that has kept my attention. Enough of that. I have several figures from many different lines to show off today, so prepare for a big one! Oh...and I have limited the pics here....there are a ton more at my site, with more detail! http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home

Star Wars KOTOR Bastila Shan

Vinyl. I love Vinyl. It really helped achieve this figures look without a lot of bulky sculpting. The torso is from the comic pack Bultar Swan, the arms and legs are from the ROTS Luminara Unduli figure. The head was made using Padme Pilot as a base, with the hair sculpted to more accurately match up with Bastila's!

Star Wars KOTOR Jolee Bindo

The base body was ROTS Ki Adi Mundi, with hands from a 30th Mace, and the head from a Mace Windu that I cannot recall. Of course the facial hair was sculpted on. The outer robes were made using......VINYL! I love that stuff!

Marvel Legends Modern Hydro Armor Iron Man

This is my own imagining....I feel that the old Hydro armor, while awesome, is outdated. So I went with a redesigned look for him. The head is a new sculpt that I made. And the base body is a modified DC SUperheroes Lex Luthor. I went with a more comic based coloring for this figure.

Marvel Legends 13 inch Red Hulk.

This figure was made using a Rotocast Hulk from the first Hulk movie. It is perfectly scaled for Marvel Legends. I even went so far as to paint the pants on him a gray color.

GI Joe 25th Kamakura

For Kamakura, I wanted a more military coloring for him, so the green is darker, and more olive than the figures that Hasbro Has given us. Upper body was storm Shadow, and the legs are from the comic pack Hawk. The Sheath was cut from Storm Shadows backpack, and the forearm guards were made from a Valor vs Venom (or Spytroops....cant remember!) Kamakura shin guards. I love the overall look of the figure since Kamakura is a more Military guy, with extensive Ninja training due to his apprenticeship to Snake Eyes!

So that is about it. Please remember to check out my site http://jeditaz27.googlepages.com/home for more images, and as always, these are all up for sale. You know where to look. OH, and while I am thinking of it....I am going to be attempting to make all of the KOTOR Main Characters...then I will move on to KOTOR2. Be patient with me on this one....I dont usually attempt a whole line of anything, so it will take some time!

Offline IncomT65

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 03:22 PM »
Man, I could swear I've commented on your earlier work, like Plo Koon and those ARC Commandos. Maybe it's because there are so many boards you show your work on  ;D

Anyway, as always, it's great to see new customs by you, man.

Bastila and Jolee are superb renditions of the characters. You did a wonderful job on the vibrant colours on Bastila. If I recall correctly she had a more toned down attire in the game? No matter, I like it a lot. Jolee looks just as great with that outfit made of vinyl. So you're gonna make the whole lineup, then? Pretty ambitious and cool, I'd very much like to see your take on Mission, Zaalbar, Ordo and even Malak and Revan? Oh and Bendak Starkiller or those Mon Calamari look-a-likes?

By the way, ingenious how you handled making those yellow saber blades for Bastila  8) Only the belt looks a bit off, though  :)

Although I'm not very familiar with Iron Man, you sure know how to make beautiful creations of this character. Again, the bright colours are a nice change.

Red Hulk is da bomb!!! That guy is so wicked  :o Did you make those pants yourself? Either way, good thinking not leaving those untreated.

I have no idea who Kamakura is, but the custom looks factory fresh and of ditto quality, that's what I do know  :D

By the way, I also spotted your Adm. Thrawn on your site. Is that a recent one? That white uniform looks like it just came from the Imperial cleaner's. I can only imagine how much work went into getting it that pristine white! Have you considered making the epaulettes of some broidery thread/material?

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 12:01 AM »
Incom! Yep, you have commented on my stuff over at Yak mostly I think! I know I post everywhere at this point. I wish I could keep up with it all, but I just want to really showcase my stuff. Kinda advertising it in a way, yeah, but I am always looking for good critiques, and I get a lot, trust me.

Bastila....yep, the belt is the only real part that bothers me. I went with a more vibrant color scheme on her. Been trying to keep the stuff I sell as unweathered as possible. I have been finding a lot of the people that buy my stuff like the cleaner look. On stuff I keep for myself, I tend to weather it a little bit. Take a look at those HFG Arcs I did. I weathered those.

Thanks for the comments on the other stuff as well. I appreciate them trust me. On Thrawn....man, guess what. You have read my mind. I am looking at making them out of a thicker gold thread when the Comic Pack Thrawn comes out. I may even sell some as kits for others to put on their Thrawns. Sculpting them is great and all, but I hate the fact that they have to be cut to make them retain articulation. Oh, and the white......definitely a pain, but worth it. Both guys that got my Thrawns love them. Thats what matters to me!

My other KOTOR characters....hmmmm. I am mostly going to shoot for the more main characters, but I know Mission is on the list, as is Zaalbar, and Ordo. Malak and Revan....Ill probably at least give Revan some decent articulation, maybe fix the mask to be more accurate, and on Malak.....well, that face has to go! Thats if I end up making those. May just do those and keep them for myself. I am going to be making doubles of these down the line to keep in my collection. I know Hasbro will take their time before ever getting to some of the characters.

Red Hulk....I actually used the pants that came on the Rotocast Hulk, which were originally blue, and gave them a watered down treatment of some primer gray. Took several coats, and it really was worth it in the end. I hope the guy that is getting him likes it as much as I do!

Again Incom, thanks for the compliments, and definitely the critiques.  I definitely need to get back in the swing of commenting on others work like I used to. Its just tough to do, and keep the customs I am doing coming like this. But I will find my happy medium soon....hopefully!

Offline patreektherodian

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2008, 08:59 PM »
What else can i say but cool.

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2008, 09:53 PM »
Another batch of superb customs! :)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jeditaz

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2008, 10:49 PM »
Much appreciated guys!