Author Topic: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 51586 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi
« on: February 5, 2008, 02:15 PM »
Let the rumor mill begin...from

http://potf2.com/potj/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12897

Darth Vader with multi piece helmet
ROTJ Han Solo (CUT SCENE) w/ desert headscarf
ROTJ Luke Skywalker (CUT SCENE) w/ headscarf
ROTJ Chewie (CUT SCENE) w/desert leg wraps
Ewok 2-pack (Leektar & Nippet the Wokling)
Ak-Rev with drum
Yarna D'al Gargan
Bane Malar

We'll find out in a few weeks I guess
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 06:01 PM by Scott »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: 2008 Wave 4 - ROTJ?
« Reply #1 on: February 5, 2008, 02:27 PM »
There is at least a kernel of truth in that list.  Ak-Rev got confirmed the Hasbro Q&A's.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 5, 2008, 02:31 PM »
Interesting list.  I could see it, I guess, although the "cut scene" figures are a little surprising.  I guess its a "new" way to put main characters out there again though.  Ak-Rev has been confirmed, as mentioned, and I'm pretty sure we've heard a fair amount about another Ewok 2 pack as well.  Hopefully we'll see some of this, or other future waves, at Toy Fair.  I could stand to see some OT offerings :).

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 5, 2008, 02:39 PM »
One can only assume that the 'cut scene' concept will be this year's 'McQuarrie.'
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 02:39 PM by ruiner »

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #4 on: February 5, 2008, 02:46 PM »
ROTJ Han Solo (CUT SCENE) w/ desert headscarf
ROTJ Luke Skywalker (CUT SCENE) w/ headscarf
ROTJ Chewie (CUT SCENE) w/desert leg wraps

I wonder if this means that scene is getting put back in the movie at some point?  :D

It's always cool in my book when we get a new movie (sort of) version of Han. 

I hope Han & Luke both come with the sandstorm goggles too.  :)
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 02:46 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #5 on: February 5, 2008, 02:46 PM »
i really hope this means were set to be staring down the gun at a ultra boxed saga edtion set with deleted scenes this fall.

but concerning: Bane Malar

i know there is a bigger following of the cantina background guys and jabbas palace background guys than there are in the entire 501st

anyways, my point is who the hell is this guy? and which frame do we blink and miss him in? i'm fairly certain there are any number of figures they could have made rather than this guy!

as far as the rest of this proposed wave which will most likely be as big a torture as the 2-d clone wars wave has become. i predict: repack of saga collection han solo sans carbonite block,repack of tac's luke skywalker sans bone,and maybe a new leia.

i personally feel retarded for having not seen this wave coming, i mean after a super articulated figure of biggs from his deleted scenes, anythings fair game now.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 5, 2008, 02:47 PM »
Its funny that, although many fans are aware of some of these OT cutscenes, we've never gotten them on any of the DVD releases.  Definitely makes for some obscure figures, but they could be cool.

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #7 on: February 5, 2008, 02:48 PM »
PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE! PLEASE LET THIS BE TRUE!  ;D

3 on that list have been on my most wanted list and the cut scene concept i enjoy very much. If it ends up being true, i hope they give us a few more like Camie and Fixer.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #8 on: February 5, 2008, 02:52 PM »
but concerning: Bane Malar

i know there is a bigger following of the cantina background guys and jabbas palace background guys than there are in the entire 501st

anyways, my point is who the hell is this guy? and which frame do we blink and miss him in? i'm fairly certain there are any number of figures they could have made rather than this guy!

I'm fairly sure the answer to the question is: He doesn't exist

There are two Sgt Doallyn's in ROTJ (the one in the Palace getting pushed down the stairs and the skiff guard).  I've read somewhere that Malar is a Decipher creation and was taken/photoshopped from a costume fitting picture
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 02:53 PM by Scott »

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 5, 2008, 03:08 PM »

There are two Sgt Doallyn's in ROTJ (the one in the Palace getting pushed down the stairs and the skiff guard).  I've read somewhere that Malar is a Decipher creation and was taken/photoshopped from a costume fitting picture

Not so sure about that.  I'm pretty sure that I saw a Jabba's palace cast photo, with actors in costume posed with Jabba.  And one of the costumed actors was in the Bane Malar costume.

Bane Malar does look a bit like Sgt. Doallyn.  The helmets are definitely similar.  But Malar's costume is a dark blue, while Doallyn's is a light grey or tan.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 5, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I'll eventually get these, but I can't see them being HTF. If they are and I miss them, I don't think I'll lose sleep...

Oh except the wokling. I"ve wanted that one for awhile now. It's at least IN the movie clearly and not cut from it.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 03:52 PM by jedi_master_sal »
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #11 on: February 5, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Sheesh.  Don't any of you guys use Google?!  :P

From Wookieepedia.com:

Bane Malar was a mysterious bounty hunter and infrequent guest of Jabba the Hutt's Palace. At the palace, his presence was a great mystery to its residents. Few knew even his name, and his species was unknown; rumors circulated that he was telepathic. As many of Jabba's entourage and employees, Bane Malar plotted to murder the large crime boss.

(CCG card on eBay)

Cool character, but I'd MUCH rather be getting the more popular and far more requested Sgt. Doaylln instead.  I'm stoked to finally be getting a Yarna though.  She's been #1 on my wants list for a good several years now.  'Bout time!  Completing the drum set with Ak-Rev is a big plus too.  I don't really care much about the sandstorm figures, but if they do them just right (goggles, windblown sculpt, etc.) they may be pretty cool.  Ewoks suck in general, but getting a couple more of them to fill out their sucky army is nice, I guess.  Now make us a new Ewok Village to stick 'em all in and I'll be happy.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 04:09 PM by JediMAC »

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 5, 2008, 03:55 PM »
Finally, Yarna! Interesting list, though the only brand-name characters are from cut scenes besides Vader. Will be interesting to see how well Vader is done.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #13 on: February 5, 2008, 04:02 PM »
Sheesh.  Don't any of you guys use Google?!  :P

From Wookieepedia.com:

Bane Malar was a mysterious bounty hunter and infrequent guest of Jabba the Hutt's Palace. At the palace, his presence was a great mystery to its residents. Few knew even his name, and his species was unknown; rumors circulated that he was telepathic. As many of Jabba's entourage and employees, Bane Malar plotted to murder the large crime boss.

Colman...a Decipher card is now Canon?

The guy getting pushed down the stairs has a Doallyn helmet on...the only spot he may be is in the group shots after Han is unfrozen

Offline Darth Depressis

• Jedi Padawan
  • i've never seen garbage eat garbage before
    • View Profile
    • http://swfanon.wikia.com/wiki/User:Darth_Depressis
« Reply #14 on: February 5, 2008, 04:04 PM »
i find myself wondering if this Darth Vader will be a uber kitbash of all votc variants, personally i can imagine picking it up if its the evolutions head,new mask(as mentioned in its description),ball-jointed shoulders that have been well thought out for multiple poses,and maybe some signs of having actually lost a duel to his son. plus interchangeable hands or arms to display the arching cords.

so how happy are the jabba palace guys about this?  i hope their pleased.

because upon taking another look at this rumored list on rebelscum's main page, it looks to me like this entire wave was based around pleasing the yarna crowd. not that it's a bad thing, if anything I'd really like to hear hasbro explain away the market research that led to making her?  thus continuing their sad game of lying to themselves about who there main market is: us. the collectors.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 04:05 PM by Darth Depressis »