Author Topic: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 51574 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: 2008 Wave 4 - ROTJ?
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2008, 04:18 PM »
Colman...a Decipher card is now Canon?

The guy getting pushed down the stairs has a Doallyn helmet on...the only spot he may be is in the group shots after Han is unfrozen

Huh?  I certainly wasn't suggesting CCG cards were canon.  I was just putting it up there for visual reference since folks weren't sure who Malar was (including me).  I definitely realize he's got a slightly similar helmet to Doaylln, but figured they were probably two different characters based on the jump suit colors (and Hasbro's history of giving us slightly different characters than the ones we're requesting).

Are you suggesting that "Malar" might actually be Doaylln?  If so, that'd be cool, as long as they get his jump suit color looking closer to what we briefly see on film there, and tweak his helmet a bit more.  If that's not what you meant, I'm not sure what you're saying...?  ???
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 04:23 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2008, 04:22 PM »
I'm suggesting Malar is not in the movie...I've never seen him, never seen proof of him and we only have this one reference picture of him.

There are however, two guys wearing Doallyn type helmets

The light colored jumpsuit guy on the skiff and the dark colored jumpsuit guy getting pushed down the stairs.

Maybe someone can get some screen caps? :-*

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2008, 04:26 PM »
I'm suggesting Malar is not in the movie...I've never seen him, never seen proof of him and we only have this one reference picture of him.

Oh.  Well, duh.  I completely agree with that.  I didn't mean to suggest that he was.  Just some pictorial reference material was all.  :-*

But yeah, if someone could find Waldo Malar in a Jabba's Palace background shot, that'd definitely be great, so we wouldn't have to refer to him as "EU"...
« Last Edit: February 5, 2008, 04:26 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2008, 04:47 PM »
Interesting wave...  Not as nice as the Clone Wars wave for "demanded" figures, but it's different...

Vader with multi-piece helmet in particular sounds neat.  It sounds to me like all these removable helmet Vaders are going to become obsolete perhaps.  I like the idea, I just hope the execution is done well.  The McQuarrie Rebel's helmet has sculpting inside that almost mimics Vaders, so I'm curious if that was sort of an inspiration to try this.

The 3 Cut Scene figures are out of left field...  I didn't really know anyone wanted them.  I'll take them, but I'm not personally hoping for scene-specific sculpts.  It could deliver a nice Han Solo from the Barge fight that has a nice set of accessories (I hope).  The Luke I almost expect to be a reworking of the 2007 Luke from JP, and the Chewbacca is just odd.  Can't say I've seen a good photo of him from that scene, however I have a real good one of Han/Luke and I'd say they're neat, but not figures I was really anxious for.

The Ewok 2-pack is ok...  I'm more an Ewok Warrior fan than woklings and the like, so I'm not excited for it like I was for the 2-pack this past year.

Ak-Rev was expected at some point...

Yarna...  I've said it before and I'll say it again, I really don't care about this figure or the other dancers enough to be into her as a figure.  I prefer the guards and things to the dancers I guess.  Just not my cup of tea.  Much rather have Wilrow. ;)

Bane Malar...  I was always in the camp with Scott on this, that the guy knocked down the stairs was Doallyn, as was the guy on the skiff, he just changed clothes.  Kind of like Skiff/Palace Klaatu were considered many moons ago (though, if you watch close, they're actually two different guys since they're both at the Barge battle).  But Bane I'm not totally convinced he exists.  I have a good capture of a cut angle from the sequence where he's tossed down the stairs.  The shot of the Malar guy isn't the greatest, but it gives the impression that there's only one hose going around the helmet, nothing "light" in color (ala silver) on the helmet, etc.  It also seems wider in the back, ala Doallyn's helmet.  It just strikes me as a different looking (somewhat at least) guy than the pictures of Bane on the CCG and such.

I know the group shot of Jabba's goons though, just have to find where it is to see if they're both in there somewhere or not.

It's an ok wave overall though, just not my favorite by far. 
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 5, 2008, 04:51 PM »
Personally I'd rather have them make some background characters than scene specific ones. Especially cut scenes.
I remember my dream now.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 5, 2008, 04:53 PM »
Ah so that's Bane Malor... I didn't see him on wookieepedia or the official site.  Thanks for the image JediMAC.  Looks like it would make for a cool figure.

Offline MetalJedi

• Jedi Knight
  • The Risk Always Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 5, 2008, 04:56 PM »
Ah so that's Bane Malor... I didn't see him on wookieepedia or the official site.  Thanks for the image JediMAC.  Looks like it would make for a cool figure.

It's funny, I searched on Wookieepedia with that name and nothing came up. I was wondering who that was.
I remember my dream now.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: February 5, 2008, 06:26 PM »
Its spelled Bane Malar not Malor...sort of like everyone calling Sim Aloo, Slim Aloo and Hermi Odle, Hermie Odle...

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 5, 2008, 08:08 PM »
If the wave comes to pass here is what I will buy and won't and why. 

1) Yarna - I like the Jabba's Palace scenes and she is in the background quite a bit.  She almost made the vintage line.  There is such a big ass debate over her it will be nice to have it in my collection. 

2) Ewoks - I have always wanted the baby ewok for some reason.  Not a priority of course but I'll probably by the pack for the baby ewok.  There are only a couple other Ewoks I'd like to see from the vintage line and I'm done with those.

3)  Desert Scene Characters - Eh, I probably won't get any of them.  I know it's a deleted scene.  I am just not that excited about them really. 

4) Vader - I probably won't buy another Vader for awhile. 

5) Ak-Rev - Buy it for the drum and another addition to the Palace diorama. 

On a side note.  Yeah it would have been better to get a vintage Klaatu, Skiff Weequay, Weequay resculpt, etc. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 5, 2008, 10:20 PM »
That wave sounds way too good to be true. 

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 5, 2008, 11:01 PM »
Just what I need in my collection...another Vader and yet another Chewie, but this one is special because he comes with leg warmers wraps.

If this wave is for real, I'll pick up the multiple boobied gal and nothing else.   
Binders full of astromechs...

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 5, 2008, 11:38 PM »
That wave sounds way too good to be true. 

I guess it depends on what a person wants out of the wave...  I would have said the same thing if the list was comprised of Palace Klaatu, DS2 Luke, soft goods Emperor, and B-Wing pilot among others.

Here's a pic of Chewie's leg warmers:
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline AndyG

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Imperial Outpost
« Reply #27 on: February 6, 2008, 06:11 AM »
I don't know on the cut scenes figures, Tosche Biggs was one thing but these 3 I'm going to wait and see..........

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 6, 2008, 07:08 AM »
Hey - I've always wondered this - Chewie does get shot on the skiff - he falls over on top of Han. Han even says "Chewie are you alright?"

Since wrapping just his legs isn't exactly going to keep the sand out of his fur, are they to keep the sand out of his wounds? Heck - from the picture, it looks like it might even only be his left leg that is wrapped up.

Always wondered why GL didn't put this scene back into the SE of ROTJ.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: February 6, 2008, 07:22 AM »
Hey - I've always wondered this - Chewie does get shot on the skiff - he falls over on top of Han. Han even says "Chewie are you alright?"

Since wrapping just his legs isn't exactly going to keep the sand out of his fur, are they to keep the sand out of his wounds? Heck - from the picture, it looks like it might even only be his left leg that is wrapped up.

Always wondered why GL didn't put this scene back into the SE of ROTJ.
You are right Pete, Chewie got shot in the leg, you can see them wrapping it on the skiff as Luke and Leia swing over from the main Barge