Author Topic: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 51588 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #75 on: February 16, 2008, 06:59 PM »

I was watching ROTJ in 1/8th speed today...I'm sort of leaning toward this IS this guy getting pushed down the steps.  It is so hard to see but the guy has a really shiny helmet, not the matte colored Doallyn version
« Last Edit: February 16, 2008, 07:00 PM by Scott »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #76 on: February 16, 2008, 07:54 PM »
Cardback

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 16, 2008, 08:33 PM »
Its great to see nice pics of these, and the whole wave looks pretty good overall.  The build-a-droid thing looks like it will be a pretty nice "bonus/pack-in".  There will sure be an army of white on the pegs next year between Clone Wars and the Legacy line, but they don't look too bad.  They'll definitely stand out in the aisle I would think.

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 16, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Hey - did Hasbro indicate that the Legacy Collection figures will come with bases too? Or because there is a piece of a droid with each figure, that's considered the pack-in and we're back to not getting bases again with the figures.

If that ends up being the case, I hope that Hasbro decides to continue to offer boxes of bases, but instead of having it be a mix of all movies and two EU bases, I think they need to start making bases that are solid for each movie. So you get the "Empire Strikes Back" figure stand set and in that set it comes with labels that are all characters from ESB, etc... This way, folks could get a box of all EU bases which will certainly come in handy with giving bases to all of the Comic 2-pack figures, EU figures in the Evolutions sets and bases to EU-inspired figures in the regular line.

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 16, 2008, 10:49 PM »
My goodness, but this wave looks spectacular!  The astromech BAF I won't need though, so minus the Ak-Rev, I'll ahve all the pieces for anybody who wants them.  Man, I love the wokling!  Gonna get at least 2 of that set and customize one into another ewok...
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 16, 2008, 10:58 PM »
DAMN YOU HASBRO. I was all set to wrap up my collecting habits and then you go and release this awesome wave. Looks like we've finally gotten an "ultimate" Jedi Luke and Skiff Han, with a headswap.

Oh, and YARNA! :)
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Kendo Benobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 17, 2008, 10:22 AM »
I have to admit that I am very excited about this wave. I mean come on... Yarna Dal Gargan! Here's something to consider about this wave and the direction Hasbro is taking. Although there is a lot hype over the animated Clone Wars, you have to believe that Hasbro's SW team is concerned about collectors like me and I imagine the majority of the contributors to this forum who've helped carry the line through non-movie years. I am older (not going to say how old) and I've been collecting Star Wars since Hammerhead was known as Hammerhead.

Frankly, I am undecided about the Clone Wars. I will see the movie and watch the show but I simply don't like the animated style figures. I passed on the cartoon Clone Wars figures a few years ago. I suspect Hasbro knows this and realizes that Clone Wars is going to appeal to a younger, probably newer audience. So, how better to appease their collector base than to release a figure like Yarna that up until now was deemed inappropriate as an action figure for "children" (that came from Lucasfilm). I'd like to think a deal was cut to get her into the wave.

At any rate, I don't know about the rest of you but I am excited at the possibility that the Clone Wars is going to mean a greater emphasis on getting collector wishlist figures into the Legacy Collection. Only 16 of the 30 Legacy Collection have been revealed between the ROTJ and CW waves. That leaves 14 to go (and three build a droids). I think Hasbro jumped the gun in a Q&A last fall when they said there'd be a wave for all movies except TPM in 2008. I don't know how they are going to do this with only 14 figures left and in their Toyfare presentation they revealed they are grouped in waves of 8 for the astromechs and 6 for the protocol droid. 8 + 6 = 14 which is two waves to fit in ANH, TESB and ATOC. ROTS is out now. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #82 on: February 17, 2008, 10:32 AM »
My thought is things may have gotten jumbled and moved around to where one movie's getting pushed to 2009...  Not unheard of for sure, so it's anyone's guess.

Great opening post Bendo, and welcome aboard.  If you want to tell people some more about yourself, head on over to our new member's area and say hi...  The more the merrier.  Don't worry on the age around here too, as I would say our average age here is well above some other site's forums...  You're probably in the average group around these parts.  A lot of us go by first names here even because we've known each other for so long, so join the party and have fun.  Good to have you aboard.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 17, 2008, 12:07 PM »
Has anyone managed to get a clear shot of Luke's belt to confirm or deny its ability to be used as (finally) a SA Death Star Duel version?  Everything I've seen has someone standing in front of him, or the lightsaber is held at an angle that obscures his waist.

I'm really curious as to the reasoning behind releasing figures from the Sandstorm deleted scene, since I can't think of many people outside of LFL who have actually seen it.  At least the Anchorhead Biggs scene was included on a CD-ROM in the late 1990's, and while many have seen photos of the Sandstorm scene (along with that brief little clip in the "Revenge of the Jedi" trailer), I am wondering if, now that the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war seems to be won, that "ultimate" box set of the entire saga is on its way sooner rather than later?

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 17, 2008, 12:54 PM »

I'm really curious as to the reasoning behind releasing figures from the Sandstorm deleted scene, since I can't think of many people outside of LFL who have actually seen it.  At least the Anchorhead Biggs scene was included on a CD-ROM in the late 1990's, and while many have seen photos of the Sandstorm scene (along with that brief little clip in the "Revenge of the Jedi" trailer), I am wondering if, now that the Blu-Ray/HD-DVD war seems to be won, that "ultimate" box set of the entire saga is on its way sooner rather than later?

Check out this JTA article for some background on the Sandstorm figures.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #85 on: February 17, 2008, 05:04 PM »
Yarna looked pretty cool in person. I cant wait to get that wave.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 09:28 PM by evenflow »
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 19, 2008, 02:29 PM »
My goodness, but this wave looks spectacular!  The astromech BAF I won't need though, so minus the Ak-Rev, I'll ahve all the pieces for anybody who wants them.  Man, I love the wokling!  Gonna get at least 2 of that set and customize one into another ewok...

I'll take them...
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2008, 12:59 PM »
Just a minor note, but the ActionFigs Q and A has confirmation (and a picture) that shows that Nippet the Wokling is indeed removable from the basket - if anyone was wondering.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2008, 09:31 AM »
These are coming out the same day as the Clone Wars figures? It'll be interesting to see the morning of release what's the more popular draw.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 25, 2008, 12:35 PM »
Just a minor note, but the ActionFigs Q and A has confirmation (and a picture) that shows that Nippet the Wokling is indeed removable from the basket - if anyone was wondering.

Thanks for the heads up.  Gosh, that's cute  :-*

Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke