Author Topic: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi  (Read 51670 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: Legacy Wave 1 - Return of the Jedi
« Reply #120 on: June 24, 2008, 12:04 AM »
I really think Han looks odd because the botttem part of the shirt is unpainted, as stated above.  The belt looks odd, and will only look decent with the gun placed into it.  Not my favorite Han.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 24, 2008, 01:12 AM »
Yeah, this Han is not among the best.  While the face sculpt resembles Harrison, it looks a bit like the Holiday Special cartoon caricature of Han.  I plan on getting one to replace the one on my skiff, but I'm not in love with this one  :-\
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 24, 2008, 03:13 AM »
I was REALLY hoping the Han had a new body, but nope... Hasbro had to go and reuse the crappy VTSC body with the beefy torso and bird legs. I'll wait and see what it looks like in person before I make a purchasing decision.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #123 on: June 24, 2008, 03:43 AM »
I'm a tad disappointed too, if this is how it turns out.  It's a very "specific" figure to me though, so I guess to that end I won't be too upset.  Still it's an odd body style.  I think they needed a new figure...  Endor Han's clearly a Han that could be updated, and I dont' think anyone would mind picking it up again.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 24, 2008, 09:33 AM »
At least we're not getting something a weird as last year's Torture Han.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedipurge

• Jedi Apprentice
  • follow me on Instagram: VadersEmpire78
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 24, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Thanks for posting that other shot Jesse for a comparison, I'll really be disappointed if they reuse th VTSC body on this one.  I was planning on getting 3 of the other bodies to repace my VTSC versions and custom a Bespin, now uh-uh I'll trade for the driod part.
Harmless is the most dangerous of perceptions, you never expect it to strike.-Purge

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2008, 12:25 PM »
Wow...I cracked open these babies and I am thouroughly impressed

Yarna...I picked through the pegs and found the best paint...she's pale, flabby and beautiful.  The knee articulation wasn't necessary IMO and detracts from the figure overall but its still great to finally get her

Bane...he's tiny, really tiny and it surprised me, still a great figure and almost spot on to the source material.  This figure still is a head scratcher as far as why since he is pretty much not in the movie but it is still a well done figure

Ak Rev...The preposed legs suck ass, the rest is beautiful, I love how colorful he is and the paint apps are great!  Good to complete the band!

Darth...Great two piece helmet, the rest, its Vader

Han...Don't like how white his shirt is, the rest is good and well done, I'll display with goggles.  Is this a new blaster as well??

Chewie...Least favorite of the wave, the flying fur doesn't look too hot IMO

Luke...Wow!  This guy is probably my favorite and hopefully when they release a flap down DSII Luke they use the same head peg for a non-windswept look and interchangeable heads.  The outfit, the articulation, everything is phenomenal!!!! 

Ewoks...Also great to add to the Ewok army and keep bringing them on, Hasbro!

Droids...I love this concept and they work great.  I don't care for the extra leg holes they put on the body but meh...the kids will probably like them.

With this and the ANH Wave they showed yesterday I have high faith in the ESB next year will be just as awesome.  It sort of tempers the dissapointment in the year (2 ROTS Waves, a repaint Wave and 2 EU Waves :-\)

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2008, 07:18 PM »
Picked up a couple figures from this wave at Wally World this morning.

Yarna- Much better than I was expecting, she's actually really great! Very accurate sculpt, surprising amount of articulation, and neat accesories. The knife and sheath is a nice touch. Overall, one of my favorite Legacy figures.

Leektar & Nippet- Always good to get more 'Woks, and I'm so glad we finally have a Wokling. Now, how about a female Ewok Hasbro?

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Made a special trip to Target today for a few of these, because the entire wave was absent from Midnight Madness. ???

Yarna- Love the details, the extra accessory, the articulation, the likeness...it's an awesome figure. I'm so thrilled we finally got a Yarna figure and that it turned out so great.

Bane Malar- He's nice. There's really nothing wrong about him that I can find, other than he's a little tiny. I like him, and probably would've liked him a little more if Wave 2 and Yarna hadn't stolen his thunder.

Ak-Rev- Blech. The pre-posed legs suck, but hey, what else does he even do in the movie besides drum? He's very colorful and looks great, and he's still a nice addition to the Jabba's Palace freaks.

I dunno if I'll even bother going after the other figures in this wave, there's not much exciting stuff here other than these three. Maybe Luke and the Wokling, but that'll probably be it.
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2008, 10:14 PM »
Ak-Rev- Nice addition to Jabba's Band, although I agree that the preposed legs are a letdown. Also, I think they should've reused Sora Bulq's headsculpt, as it's much crisper than this one. But, he has an overall good sculpt, and his accesories rock. He's probably my least favorite Legacy figure I've bought so far, but he's still a good one.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2008, 12:46 AM »
The only thing I don't like about Bane Malar (and it's my gripe about lots of the new pilots, and lots of other figures like the Yavin Honor Guard) is the wide stance of the legs.  Unless they're modeling them after Larry Craig, I don't get the rationale behind it. 

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2008, 03:40 AM »
I picked up a couple of this wave today.  I need Han, Chewie, Vader, and Ewoks... 

-Luke...  Outstanding figure overall.  Maybe the best Luke likeness in ages too I think.  But really, just a great Luke figure and makes one look forward to a Death Star Duel Luke soon. 

-Yarna...  I never cared much for her but the figure's nice.  The paintjob's acceptable to me and I like the knife a lot.  The knee joints are made useless by the skirt so I'm a little bummed they didn't try softgoods but ultimately I wasn't interested in her really anyway so I'm happy with her as-is.

-Bane Malar...  he wasn't in the film so I find him odd, but great.  Scott mentions his height and I too was shocked how short he is.  Dinky...  The gear is cool.  Removable bandoleirs would've been better though.  His holster is crossdraw and that rocks.  Sure it's a small detail but I dig the looks of a cross draw holster.  The new rifle is outstanding, and the pistol is also new (compare it to the last one, it's new) and more accurate.  Articulation, spot on...  Great job on this one, even if it is really just EU.

-Ak Rev...  My biggest disappointment.  I hate pre-posed figures...  Always have, always will, and this one's HORRIBLY pre-posed.  Makes him about as useful as the dancers from the 3-pack, and that's disappointing.  It's not like the accessory cost Hasbro in tooling it up and things.  It's disappointing they didn't at least give him normal pose unarticulated legs or something.  He's basically an accessory himself now, to me, so I'm disappointed in him.

That's all I have right now...

Gotta track down CHewie, Han, Ewoks, and Vader (who I've seen, just didn't buy yet). 

Oh and I love the droids.  They're like crack.  Building them makes opening a whole wave so much more fun for some lame reason.  I'm already getting this weird giddy high of building a droid after a wave is opened up.  Anyone else?
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 28, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Popped open the first half of this wave yesterday - (Han was opened previously,) Luke, Chewie and the Ewoks.

Luke - pretty decent figure, best "final duel" one produced yet, but still a tad skinny.

Chewie - really good. For some reason I missed that his hair had a "blown" look and was impressed when I opened it.

Ewoks - very cute, nicely done.

R4 - very decent. Almost dark enough to make it an Imperial.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 28, 2008, 10:31 AM »

I like the Ewoks as much as the next guy, but I'm starting to get worried about the frequency with which they're using this mold to crank out more and more of them.  I want them to keep getting made, but they shouldn't all be the same bear with a new coat of paint and headdress.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2008, 09:40 AM »

I like the Ewoks as much as the next guy, but I'm starting to get worried about the frequency with which they're using this mold to crank out more and more of them.  I want them to keep getting made, but they shouldn't all be the same bear with a new coat of paint and headdress.

Is it? Hadn't noticed yet. Cheesy.