Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008  (Read 46402 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008
« Reply #15 on: March 3, 2008, 12:08 AM »
Missing Chris, John, Jaydouble from last year.  Brian, any interest?  I asked Jim/chuckles, but he's out.

Missing Kevin too, but until he resolves whatever happened with Beth, he won't be allowed in.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #16 on: March 6, 2008, 09:03 AM »
I'm in another league and really only wanted to do one this year, but if you guys need me I'm in.

John

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 6, 2008, 02:36 PM »
At this point we do actually need you.  If we can find enough other folks (minimum of 8 players I'd think) then I wouldn't at all be opposed to you dropping out. 

Worst case scenario would be to let your name stand, let the auto-draft do the draft for you and then ignore the team.  It would eat the players in the right places in the draft and remove them from the general pool. You could then ignore the team if you'd like. I'm not a fan of overly small leagues because then there's no real need to modify your team or there's just too many really good players sitting on waivers. 

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #18 on: March 6, 2008, 03:52 PM »
Nah, if I'm in I'll actually play.  :)  Count me in...two leagues won't kill me.

If you guys want I can post on ToyTraderz as well and try to get a couple of people to join.  (That is, if the ******* site comes back up again)   >:(  Just let me know.

John

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 7, 2008, 05:12 PM »
Hey guys, I said last year that I would participate in the league this year.  I've got a ton of things going on but would like to honor what I said last year.  I'll register and hopefully be able to make the draft on the 19th.  If I do end up neglecting my team, like Jesse, I'll more than likely be another easy person to beat up on.  Sorry I didn't respond before now, but I completely forgot about it...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 7, 2008, 10:07 PM »
If I do end up neglecting my team, like Jesse, I'll more than likely be another easy person to beat up on.

Not anymore.  I'm going to win this thing.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 9, 2008, 12:18 PM »
Am I the only one interested in shaking up the scoring system?

More categories?  Ditch rotisserie?  Anything?

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 9, 2008, 02:02 PM »
Could be Rob.  I'm fine with the system as it is, but I'm open to changes if that's what people want. 

We've got about 10 days to decide.  Would also like to fill those last couple of holes in the league.  8 is a minimum number of players but more is fine too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 9, 2008, 05:12 PM »
Could be Rob.  I'm fine with the system as it is, but I'm open to changes if that's what people want. 

We've got about 10 days to decide.  Would also like to fill those last couple of holes in the league.  8 is a minimum number of players but more is fine too.

I Am Sith, and JohnH should bring us to 7 teams.  Which means we need 1 more, right?  I don't know if we ever had more than 7 for baseball anyhow.

As for the scoring, I vote to stay with the regular standard rotisserie style like we have.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2008, 05:13 PM »

If you guys want I can post on ToyTraderz as well and try to get a couple of people to join.  (That is, if the ******* site comes back up again)   >:(  Just let me know.

That'd be good, it looks like we're looking for 1 more team  :D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 9, 2008, 06:22 PM »

I Am Sith, and JohnH should bring us to 7 teams.  Which means we need 1 more, right?  I don't know if we ever had more than 7 for baseball anyhow.

2007 - 8 teams
2006 - 7 teams
2005 - 8 teams

Seven is workable I suppose, but I'd prefer 8.  I'm ok with up to 10 too.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 9, 2008, 06:30 PM »

2007 - 8 teams
2006 - 7 teams
2005 - 8 teams

Seven is workable I suppose, but I'd prefer 8.  I'm ok with up to 10 too.

Okay.  We're at 7 now, even though John and IAS haven't registered officially yet, so we need at least 1 more.  If we can't get an actual JDer or forum member, I'll grab my friend Chris from HS or Juan from residency.  Let's see if JohnH can grab another one of us Star Wars nuts.

EDIT:  I messaged Juan.  That'll probably bring us to 8.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2008, 06:46 PM by Dressel Rebel »

Offline JohnH

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • DC Collector Universe
« Reply #27 on: March 9, 2008, 06:46 PM »
even though John and IAS haven't registered officially yet,

My fault...I just registered so I'm officially in.  I've also posted on ToyTraderz with the hopes of gaining a couple of more people.

John

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 10:10 AM »
We're at 7 now, even though John and IAS haven't registered officially yet, so we need at least 1 more.

Just registered.  Sorry it took so long...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2008, 07:57 PM »
Thanks guys.  :)

One week to go.  We're at 7 teams, do we want more? 

Also Rob suggested changing the scoring up.  The only one to chime in thus far has been Dressel with a decline on the changing.  Anyone else care to voice an opinion.  I'm counting a lack of response as a vote for the status quo.