Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008  (Read 46388 times)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2008, 10:30 AM »
Don't drop your hurt guys yet.

Too late...  I already dropped Escobar before you posted.  I'll hold on to Lackey then and hopefully be able to pick up someone good enough to get me through the first few months...

Commish can re-add Escobar to your roster and place him on the DL.  We recognize you haven't played before and didn't know that was a possibility.  Not a problem.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2008, 10:42 AM »
He's back!

Let's see if he can pitch more than 50 innings this year.

If he can stay healthy, he'll be in contention for the AL Cy Young.

And for where I drafted him this year, I'm not complaining if he goes down.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2008, 10:51 AM »
Commish can re-add Escobar to your roster and place him on the DL.  We recognize you haven't played before and didn't know that was a possibility.  Not a problem.

That would be very cool indeed, and greatly appreciated...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 28, 2008, 03:51 PM »
That would be very cool indeed, and greatly appreciated...

On second thought, forget it.  Escobar/LAA confirmed that he has a tear in his shoulder and could opt for season ending surgery.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2008, 03:48 PM »
So this is great...  The White Sox are down 5-2 in the second and my wonderful addition to the team already has a 27.00 ERA...  I think I would have been better served keeping Escobar on my f-ing team >:(!

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2008, 03:50 PM »
The White Sox are down 5-2 in the second and my wonderful addition to the team already has a 27.00 ERA...

Scratch that, 32.40 ERA and he's still not out of the second...

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2008, 05:23 PM »
It is a loooooonngg season my friend.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 7, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Hey guys, forgive the rookie question, but what's the deal with some teams having as many as 24 players and others having the requisite 22?  Am I missing something regarding the number of players you're allowed?  Let me know.  Thanks.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 7, 2008, 11:19 AM »
Hey guys, forgive the rookie question, but what's the deal with some teams having as many as 24 players and others having the requisite 22?  Am I missing something regarding the number of players you're allowed?  Let me know.  Thanks.

There's 22 players active/benched and 2 DL spots.  If one of your players has a DL designation, use the drop down menu to the right of your player name to select DL and submit changes.  You should then be able to pick up another player.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 9, 2008, 05:15 PM »
If one of your players has a DL designation, use the drop down menu to the right of your player name to select DL and submit changes.  You should then be able to pick up another player.

Thanks Dressel.  I was viewing everything in the 'Drag and Drop' mode instead of the 'Classic' mode.  I never even knew that option existed until you mentioned something.  Thanks for the help.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 9, 2008, 09:40 PM »
Sweet Jeebus my team can't buy a hit.   >:(

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 9, 2008, 10:46 PM »
It's April.  I'll tinker here and there, but for the most part my draft was solid.  But I am right there with you on the suckage.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 9, 2008, 10:50 PM »
Yeah, I'm not panicking at this point - especially with my pitchers holding up their end of the deal so far.

Go figure though, I benched Dunn today since he's flat out sucked so far, and he goes for 2 Runs, a HR, 3 RBI, and a SB.   ::)

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2008, 03:51 PM »
Harden strained his vulva again.

If anyone's got time, it'd be fun to drag up my posts from the last 3 seasons chronicling all of the traumatic injuries Rich Harden has sustained to his vagina.  I know you'll find a few.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 10, 2008, 10:33 PM »
Go figure though, I benched Dunn today since he's flat out sucked so far, and he goes for 2 Runs, a HR, 3 RBI, and a SB.   ::)

I know the feeling, I benched Pudge and he went 2 for 2.  My team average for tonight as of a few minutes ago was 0.048 >:(