Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008  (Read 46702 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2008, 01:05 PM »
Yeah, thanks for that.  I went in last night looking to check on some pitchers and saw Granderson's name there near the top of the batters list.  I thought to myself gee, that's odd

;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 1, 2008, 12:40 AM »
Matt Caps gives up 2 runs without recording an out for an INF ERA and an INF WHIP.

But it's all good, because Halladay throws 9 scoreless with a WHIP of 0.44, and Valverde, Cordera, and Soria all throw scoreless 9ths for a W and 2 Saves bringing my day's ERA total down into the low 3's.

Then I come out from watching an episode of Rome to find that Fuentes ****** something up and put up a 135.00 ERA and a WHIP of 15.00.

Thanks for nothing jackass.

« Last Edit: July 1, 2008, 12:41 AM by Rob »

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 1, 2008, 11:22 AM »

Then I come out from watching an episode of Rome to find that Fuentes ****** something up and put up a 135.00 ERA and a WHIP of 15.00.

Thanks for nothing jackass.

5 ER on 5H for the loss, he came in with the game tied.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 2, 2008, 01:15 AM »
What an *******.

A side note, is there any way to figure out when a guy's next scheduled start will be?  I'm going to be away from the internet until Saturday night and would like to get all my pitchers set up appropriately, but I don't know when they'll start next.  I have a pretty good idea that Lee and Halladay won't pitch before Saturday or Sunday (since Halladay threw yesterday and Lee tonight), and Haren always throws after Webb, but I don't know when Hudson, Webb-then-Haren, and Duchscherer will throw next and I can't plug more than 2 of them in for any given day without having to rest closers.

Any tips on that would be most appreciated.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 2, 2008, 01:29 AM »
My starters usually have a ^ symbol beside them up to five days in advance when you go forward through your schedule.  The other way is to click on the players name and it brings up their page with stats/news and usually has "next scheduled start" listed as well.  Neither is 100% dependable, but it's better than nothing. 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 2, 2008, 01:38 AM »
Ah, thanks - I'll check that out.  I never thought to look at the ^ for pitchers.  It's generally worthless with batters and I got into the habit of ignoring it.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 2, 2008, 08:49 AM »
I usually go to the 'Scores and Schedule' link and check the schedule for the next few days.  It usually only goes out three or four days, but if you check it on Thursday, you should be covered for the weekend.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 2, 2008, 04:22 PM »
Ah, thanks - I'll check that out.  I never thought to look at the ^ for pitchers.  It's generally worthless with batters and I got into the habit of ignoring it.

Yeah, it's really aggravating with batters, no argument there.  But it's proven pretty accurate for pitching, injuries notwithstanding. 

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 4, 2008, 08:57 AM »
Does anyone know where I can check on stat corrections?  2 of the runs Webb gave up in his last start were changed to unearned and I want to make sure that's reflected in the numbers.

I don't know how i missed this post.

Yes click on "Players" next to "My Team" and then under Players in that screen 6 blue links appear in a line.  The last one is "stat corrections." 

Look at Week 13, Webb got his corrected - 2 ER.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 8, 2008, 09:43 PM »
Thanks Matt. 

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 9, 2008, 12:42 AM »
Is the KC/White Sox box score all screwed up or something?  I didn't watch the game but I was following along on stat tracker and saw Soria pitch a 1-2-3 ninth for a 5-4 win and the save, but Yahoo isn't crediting him with it, and it says it was an 11-9 game in 13 innings.

ESPN's box score says it was a 8-7 game in 13 innings.

MLB has it as 8-7 in 13 too.

What happened in that game?

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 9, 2008, 08:47 AM »
Looks like the Sox tied it 5-5 in the 8th, went up 7-5 in the 11th, Royals tied it 7-7 in the bottom of the 11th, Sox went up 8-7 in the 13th and got out of a bases loaded bottom of the 13th to win it 8-7.  Sounds like it was a crazy game...

Couple of notable quotes:

Ozzie Guillen:  "The only good thing about this game is we won."

Scott Linebrink:  "I have really have only two words for my night, I stink."
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 9, 2008, 12:00 PM »
So yahoo must have had the wrong score when I was following along and saw Soria get that 5-4 save.  Shame.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 9, 2008, 04:23 PM »
Your expectations of Soria are too high.

Online Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 9, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Huh?

Soria has top 5 RP fantasy numbers this year.   Why would my expectation that he could work a scoreless 9th be too high?