Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008  (Read 46403 times)

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008
« Reply #225 on: September 4, 2008, 11:50 AM »
I don't see one on my page either Rob, but then I don't think I'd ever looked for it before so I can't say if it is gone, moved, or something else.  Sorry.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 4, 2008, 09:22 PM »
Hey guys, I was looking at my roster today and realized that I hadn't been paying close attention to my innings pitched for my pitching staff.  Somehow, I'm projected to be +74 innings for the season at my current pace.  I took a look at everyone else's projections for the season and it seems that I'm the only one that is that far over for the year.  Seeing as how this is my first year in the league, was this something that I completely mismanaged, or is it just that I had a lot of pitchers that went 7 to 8 innings in a lot of their starts this season (Sheets and Lackey come to mind right away)?

What sucks is that at this pace, I'm going to miss a lot of my pitcher's last couple of starts...
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 4, 2008, 09:29 PM »
I'm amazed you're that far over, but I guess yeah, if you haven't had guys like Verlander that get pulled after 1.2 innings, then I guess you could get that far up in innings.  I'm up by about 18 or so innings but right now I'm ok with that since it was mostly my pitchers pitching in bunches and Sabathia's full game streak.  Through the season I tried to pick and choose the starts and watched the innings really closely too (not that my staff did anything but suck, Sabathia excepted).

But yes, bluntly you are indeed screwed with respect to innings, so use them wisely. :-\

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #228 on: September 4, 2008, 09:47 PM »
Which is why I was trying to get starters from your before the trade deadline.  No big whoop on my end because I think I can still get 2nd, it is 1st that might be tougher :-\

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 4, 2008, 10:12 PM »
If nothing else, my standings in the league have taught me that I hate baseball.  ::)

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 4, 2008, 10:27 PM »
Which is why I was trying to get starters from your before the trade deadline.  No big whoop on my end because I think I can still get 2nd, it is 1st that might be tougher :-\

Sorry Scott, comlpetely missed the fact that I was projected to be that far over in innings...  Had I paid closer attention to that, I bet I would have taken you up on at least one of those trade offers.

However I have picked up some valueable lessons for next year!
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 4, 2008, 10:29 PM »

Mmmm.  I think you better set your sights on 3rd.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 4, 2008, 10:43 PM »

Until I realized my complete **** up with the innings, I was setting my sights on 3rd considering I'm only 1.5 points behind at the moment.  Now I'll be lucky to keep 5th...

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 4, 2008, 11:33 PM »

Funny, I was thinking he should be happy with 4th.  Once Prince Fielder gets going, look out.  Cuz I'm still waiting. ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #234 on: September 5, 2008, 12:09 AM »
I have like 50-80 innings on everyone and have been holding in W's and S's and slowly working up in K's.  My BA is going up steadily and I've been holding on pretty much everything else.  Getting my WHIP down and hopefully getting some more runs puts me in 2nd

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 5, 2008, 12:15 AM »
Well I might be looking at second.  I'm still fully expecting my merry band of idiots to find a way to go into a collective slump for the last 3 weeks.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 5, 2008, 12:43 PM »
The Tools tab is back.  Either it went away on accident, or they got enough emails asking where it went to put it back. 

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 7, 2008, 11:15 AM »
Well I might be looking at second.  I'm still fully expecting my merry band of idiots to find a way to go into a collective slump for the last 3 weeks.   :-\

Told you.  My team has gone ice cold.   :'(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2008, 09:41 PM »
Evan Longoria... in a little bit of a return-from-injury slump... so I sit him tonight in favor of Aubrey Huff who went yard last night.

So far tonight, Longoria has THREE homeruns.   :'(

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2008, 09:46 PM »
So far tonight, Longoria has THREE homeruns.   :'(

And I hope he keeps going, not for your sake but for the White Sox's sake...  They are sucking ass against the Yankees tonight and could use some help from the Rays so they don't lose their lead...

So I've exceeded my maximum allowed innings...  Got might sights set on 7th place now...