Author Topic: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008  (Read 46395 times)

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
Re: JD Fantasy Baseball 2008
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2008, 10:34 PM »
And I hope he keeps going, not for your sake but for the White Sox's sake...  They are sucking ass against the Yankees tonight and could use some help from the Rays so they don't lose their lead...

Same here, if I read it right, the Rays can clinch a playoff spot with a series split against the Twins, but it looks like they blew it tonight.   >:(

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 26, 2008, 06:52 PM »
Does anyone know how Yahoo will handle a rainout if the make-up game happens after the season ends?  If I sit my Phillies tonight/tomorrow and the game gets rained out and played on Monday or whatever after the Yahoo calendar ends, does it get applied to today/tomorrow's stats, potentially altering the outcome of the season?

Or do those games just disappear?

OR, will Yahoo extend their calendar to cover Monday, and I can play different guys this weekend and still throw them in for the make-up date?   ???

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 26, 2008, 08:36 PM »
Rob,
I don't know and it doesn't say anywhere, so I'd guess that you should go with the expectation of anything after Sunday not counting for the yahoo league stats.  I know MLB has already cancelled some double headers this week because they won't be able to fit them in, so some teams are playing less than 162 games.  Those cancelled games were missed games from earlier in the season and wouldn't alter the finish of the teams apparently.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2008, 04:30 PM »
Congrats to Rob for winning by the looks of things.  I thought your pitching was good at the start of the year, but I honestly never thought Cliff Lee would pitch like that all season.  Still, pretty much end to end lead, nice work. 

Congrats too to Dressel and the Crabs for #2/3 respectively. 

Guess you can't have a ****** first six weeks of the season and realistically expect to recover.   :-\

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2008, 06:18 PM »
I'm reluctant to say thanks until it's officially over - so I'll hold off for just a bit.

Lee definitely came up big, and Haren and Webb were outstanding until the last month or so.  Looks like Soria managed to save more than 6 games in the second half of the season too.   :)

You had me worried the last few days with the K's push you made Brent, when it was really close I was worried that was going to cost me the lead.

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2008, 07:27 PM »
The coolest part about this year is basically no one gave up.  My K's could have affected the outcome and in a lot of ways, everyone was affected by other teams which made it interesting down to the wire.  Big battles between 1/2 and 3/4 with even  5/6/7 place not being decided until the last days. 

With one game left, I don't think you can lose. 

Offline I Am Sith

• Jedi Apprentice
  • 1/6 the Sith I used to be...
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 29, 2008, 08:19 AM »
Congrats Rob, Dressel & Crabs on your finishes.  That was a lot of fun.  Looking forward to doing it again next year.  I'm hoping I won't make the same mistakes next year that I did this year...  I ended up giving away a lot of wins and K's by not having innings left at the end.  Oh well, live and learn.
The 60mm Sith Lord - All the hate and anger you've come to expect, now in a new conveniently sized package!

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 29, 2008, 10:59 AM »
Now that it seems to be official, thanks guys.   ;D  Now all I have to do is win Hockey to have one championship in all four major sports.

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 29, 2008, 11:31 AM »
Now that it seems to be official, thanks guys.   ;D  Now all I have to do is win Hockey to have one championship in all four major sports.

Well, congrats on the baseball.  You beat me fair and square - that pitching staff turned out to be the sickest I've ever seen in 18 years of fantasy baseball.  Webb, Haren, Halladay, Cliff Lee.  Too much to overcome with those ratios ERA/WHIP low beyond belief.

About only needing a championship in Hockey though to have all 4, that's not valid in my view.  I was locked out of the basketball league the year you won for no reason, thanks to Jeff.  I came back in, overtook you, and won the championship each of the next 2 seasons.  And unless I'm there and you get by me, it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.  That one's got an asterisk.

:)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 11:33 AM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #249 on: September 29, 2008, 04:06 PM »
Congrats to everyone on the fun season.  My staff absolutely imploded the last week of the season and the 3rd place trophy slipped away...

I was locked out of the basketball league the year you won for no reason, thanks to Jeff.  I came back in, overtook you, and won the championship each of the next 2 seasons.  And unless I'm there and you get by me, it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.  That one's got an asterisk.

:)
Collusion sure is a valid reason. Now that Kevbo isn't playing, we don't seem to have those accusations anymore...hmmm?

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 29, 2008, 10:16 PM »
Well, congrats on the baseball.  You beat me fair and square - that pitching staff turned out to be the sickest I've ever seen in 18 years of fantasy baseball.  Webb, Haren, Halladay, Cliff Lee.  Too much to overcome with those ratios ERA/WHIP low beyond belief.

Thanks!  I tried to draft for hitting, and then tried to pick up decent pitchers in the mid-rounds... I never dreamed those guys would be that good.  It was nice to be able to get so many wins with so few roster positions.

About only needing a championship in Hockey though to have all 4, that's not valid in my view.  I was locked out of the basketball league the year you won for no reason, thanks to Jeff.  I came back in, overtook you, and won the championship each of the next 2 seasons.  And unless I'm there and you get by me, it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.  That one's got an asterisk. :)

I looked all over Yahoo and didn't see any asterisks anywhere.  ;)

Offline BobaFett1972

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 2, 2008, 02:08 PM »
sounds like a fun time; i hope you guys do this again next season
Eat the rich.