Author Topic: TFU Stormtrooper Commander  (Read 35964 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: TFU Stormtrooper Commander
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2008, 09:53 AM »
There's been no conformation of the figure being available outside of purchase with the game, yet. However, as with the BFII Scout Trooper, it could end up at SWS.com, probably for $15-$20.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2008, 11:48 AM »
I checked my local GameStop yesterday. They had no idea what I was talking about. :-\
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline EpicGon

• Jedi Padawan
  • The life so short, the craft so large to learn.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2008, 11:52 AM »
Hasbro should offer a battlepack of TFU stormtroopers, black stormie, shadow stormie, the incinerator, and this commander. They must apply this deco on the evolution stormtrooper.

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2008, 12:42 PM »
black stormie, shadow stormie,

Aren't these the same thing?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2008, 01:06 PM »
black stormie, shadow stormie,

Aren't these the same thing?

No. There is the black stormtrooper (also called Shadow Stormtrooper) that was released in the TSC & Legends lines, and the Shadow Stormtrooper from the WM TFU sets that are gray & blue/black
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 01:08 PM by Jayson »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2008, 03:36 PM »
I was able to pick up mine from my local GameStop last night. I can finally close the book on the carded TAC line.

Were you able to buy him without pre-ordering the game?

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #51 on: September 14, 2008, 03:51 PM »
I was able to pick up mine from my local GameStop last night. I can finally close the book on the carded TAC line.

Were you able to buy him without pre-ordering the game?

No, I preordered it for $5 and got the figure.
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 15, 2008, 09:13 AM »
Looks like I'm holding out for SWS. I'm not dying to get the game and would rather not spend $60 on a figure.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 15, 2008, 10:38 AM »
Ugh, my local Gamestop - even the manager - had no idea about this figure and didn't have any in stock on the day of the game's release. What a bungled, poorly-handled promotion this has been. They owe it to fans to release this at SWS; its going for stupid money on ebay.
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 15, 2008, 06:59 PM »
Anyone remember how long the BF Scout was available on SWShop?  I was guaranteed that figure with purchase of that game.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 15, 2008, 11:08 PM »
Anyone remember how long the BF Scout was available on SWShop?  I was guaranteed that figure with purchase of that game.

It was up for only a short period of time. If you blinked you missed it. There was also a slight variation between the version you got with the game and the version you ordered from SWS.com - it was minor, but at least they made it obvious to tell the difference between whether it was a pre-order version or a straight-up purchased version. I was able to order two of them w/o any problem.

Ugh, my local Gamestop - even the manager - had no idea about this figure and didn't have any in stock on the day of the game's release. What a bungled, poorly-handled promotion this has been. They owe it to fans to release this at SWS; its going for stupid money on ebay.

Yeah - this has been pretty bad. I was told at one GameStop that if you pre-order it at one store, you can't take that pre-order and get it at another. So since only selected stores got the figures and they didn't know which stores were getting figures until just recently, as a SW toy collector, there was no motivation to pre-order this game.

I was able to get four figures tonight on my way home (2 for me, 2 for my friend) when I put in a pre-order for four copies of the game - I was already going to buy the game for the PSP and XBox360. My friend was going to get it for the Wii and PS3, so that's what I pre-ordered. I really hadn't intended on getting both formats of the game so soon, but whatever. To make matters worse, I basically had to BEG the clerk to let me have the figures right then and there. He was going to make me come back at midnight tonight to get the figures. I'm sorry, but that's retarded and someone at LucasArts should have thought to themselves: "It's one thing to ask collectors to attend a Friday-night midnight madness for the entire launch of a line, it's quite something else to ask them to go out on a Monday night just to get ONE figure and ONE game."

To make matters worse, there hasn't been any policy on this - in Canada folks have been able to just continually plunk down $5 and get a figure each time. In some locations in the US that has been the policy too. Since I gave the clerk my word that I would be back tomorrow to buy the game, I feel compelled to do it and I would have been happy to do it, if GameStop hadn't made this so damn difficult. Part of me wants to just say "screw it", be happy I got four figures for $20 and go buy the game at TRU and get a $20 gift card so I can offset the cost of the Lars Homestead TurdPack (I refuse to call that a BattlePack). Anyone know GameStop's policy on pre-orders? They're not going to just charge my card the remaining cost of the game if I don't go pick it up, are they?

If at some point in the future, the figure goes up on SWS.com - I'll order another one to open. But for now, I think I'm going to stick with just one to open and one to keep MOC.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 11:21 PM by Pete_Fett »
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 16, 2008, 01:14 PM »
I think they'll just keep the pre-order money, but not charge you for the full game.  They may call to harrass you about it if you gave them your real number, but that's it.  $5 per figure is a good deal - I would just keep what you have and not buy the games unless you really want them at this point.  I know a lot of people are buying the games, getting the figure for FREE, then returning the games, so you're doing better by Gamestop by giving them the $5 than most are. 

I was able to get my fig last night and buy two more at $15 each.  Not a great deal, but I figure they'll cost more than that with shipping if they're sold online. 
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Spacey

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2008, 06:17 PM »
If anyone lives in an area with plentiful Commander figures and has an extra one for sale at a reasonable price, please PM me - it can be loose, I don't really care. None of my local Gamestops are "in" on this promotion. I wonder if it's a regional campaign... eg they figure the game will sell well in New York City regardless, so they don't need the additional promotion of the figure to drive sales?
I want your modern Imperials! Click for WTB list... :)

Offline Artoo

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Lucky catch
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 16, 2008, 10:31 PM »
I hope Hasbro ships more because I'm getting TFU in a week or two & I want this figure.
KAY-BEE STANDARD RESPONSE:  "All we have is 1990's 'Robocop' toys."
WHICH MEANS:  "Holy ******* ****, please shoot m

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 17, 2008, 08:56 AM »
Thanks to a local, I wound up securing one of these anyway.  :P
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 09:05 AM by Darth_Anton »