Author Topic: TFU Stormtrooper Commander  (Read 35962 times)

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
TFU Stormtrooper Commander
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 08:22 PM »
One of my friends manages a gamestop and he has not heard anything about an exclusive figure. I have held off preordering until we get info on where the figure will be coming from.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 08:25 PM »
I wonder if this figure will be available through pre-ordering the game and/or SWS.com?

Similar to the way the Battlefront Scout Trooper was released.

Ugh...I was thinking the same thing.  I hope this is not the case, but definitely looking that way.  Unless this is perhaps the mail away figure we've been hearing about?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 08:28 PM »
The mail-away figure is Captain Rex and he's in The Clone Wars cartoon, not the Force Unleashed - so the Stormtrooper "Captain" is going to be offered somewhere else.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
Re: TFU Stormtrooper Commander
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2008, 12:32 AM »
While I'm still not enthused about markings on stormtroopers, this guy doesn't look as bad as some of the others we've seen. At least he's mostly symmetrical. ::)
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2008, 12:45 PM »
From JD's QnA:

2. Many different pictures of a blue Force Unleashed Stormtrooper Commander have been leaking out over the last few weeks. He doesn't seem to have any wave or number attached to him though. Is he going to be an exclusive of some sort, or will he show up in a second TFU wave that we haven't seen or heard of yet?

** We can’t give you any more detail on this other than the fact that he is not in a mainline assortment (hence the numbering). The actual details are still under wraps and will be revealed closer to the launch date for the game. All of our other mainline TFU sets will still ship on our original schedule, though.

I wonder if this figure will be available through pre-ordering the game and/or SWS.com?

Similar to the way the Battlefront Scout Trooper was released.

With the game being pushed back until August, I think it's still possible that the Stormtrooper Commander might be something like the Battlefront Scout Trooper.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re:TFU Commander
« Reply #20 on: April 5, 2008, 09:58 AM »
The release of the Commander has been more or less confirmed to be tied to the release of the game as well.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: 2008 Wave 2 - The Force Unleashed
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2008, 10:40 AM »
Have people gone mad? Stormtrooper Commander
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Keonobi

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2008, 10:50 AM »
Atleast 4 people have......
I am not the Stig

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2008, 12:21 PM »
Well, if you think about it - since they just seem to be giving them out for $5, there's nothing to say that you can't go to a bunch of stores and just keep pre-ordering the game for $5 and walking out with a figure each time.

I really wish they would just come out and reveal what the heck is going on with this figure.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2008, 08:11 PM »
I really wish they would just come out and reveal what the heck is going on with this figure.

Yep. This is pretty annoying.

Where are they even being given out?
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2008, 09:17 PM »
Where are they even being given out?

I think it's EB Games in Canada. The auction link posted goes to an auction where the seller is in Canada, so that makes sense. Heck if you were not an action figure collector and there were giving you the figure in-hand with the pre-order, why not pre-order as many as they'll let you and at $90 a piece, not only will it pay for the game, but it will give you a nice profit.
Peter

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Hopefully, here in the States, you only get the figure when you actually buy the game.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2008, 09:33 AM »
Why would you hope for that?  To screw the folks out there who want the figure but not the game?   ???

I hope it works the same way as Canada is getting it... pay $5 for a pre-order and you get the figure.  That way anyone who wants the figure has a chance to get it without having to buy a $60 game that they can't use or don't want.
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Didn't work that way with the BF II scout trooper, you could only get it when you get the game?

Getting the figure with the pre-sale only invites third part sellers into the mix, so not only will that take figures away from those who don't want the game, but it will also take figures away from those who are rightfully entitled to get a figure with the game.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #29 on: August 26, 2008, 10:10 AM »
Didn't work that way with the BF II scout trooper, you could only get it when you get the game?

SWShop ended up selling the figure alone (for about $10 I think). 

Getting the figure with the pre-sale only invites third part sellers into the mix,

The current $90 eBay price is what will attract the third party sellers, not how you can get it.  I mean, if you can sell the figure alone for $90, why would selling the figure with the game stop the third party sellers?  At $90, they could drop $65 on the figure/game and still make a profit re-selling it...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender