Author Topic: 2008 Clone Wars Packaging Revealed  (Read 11048 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: The Clone Wars Packaging Revealed
« Reply #15 on: February 5, 2008, 10:24 AM »
I'm still trying to remain optimistic. I'm hoping that the line will turn out to be realistic in style and that the picture on the package is only there so you can see correlation between the figure and the animated character.

If they do turn out to be animated in style, I will be quite disappointed over that decision.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 5, 2008, 11:47 AM »
I hope they are realistic, but my wallet would love them if they were animated.  that would save me a ton of money.   Where as before I was leaning towards the rumor that they were animated. I am now thinking that they will fall more into the realistic style like Jesse was saying.  I think once the inital clone wars push this year.  The line will be absorbed into the one line and we will see waves of new clone wars 3 figures.   Do we really think after the 40 or so figures we get this year in this line they could support a whole new line of figures year after year.  Just how many new characters and wordrobe changes could they squeeze into the cartoon to support the line.  Next year we will probably see a wave or two of CW3.  This leeds me to beleive they will be realistic enought to fit it the exsiting line. 
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #17 on: February 5, 2008, 10:16 PM »
If you read the "Clone Wars" section of the Q&A Hasbro says agian and again that "fans don't prefer the animtaed style" of figures.  Yes, they were referring to the Cartoon Network Clone Wars, but that marketing reseach will carry over to the new line.

Honestly, I'd love it of they were animated style.  They would be somthing very different, but I would bet my Wookie that they'll be in the "traditional" realistic style.

The real question is, what's the Pack-In?  Stands?  Coins? Bubble Gum?
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: February 5, 2008, 10:38 PM »
I really hope that's the case ultimately, despite the cost of all the figures, but I'm not convinced either way honestly...  I think it's 50/50 at this point.  They're a company full of surprises, good and bad.  I honestly hope for realistic, but I'm trying to find the bright side incase I'm not getting my wish.  Lots 'o money saved is the best I can come up with.  :-\
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars figure package reveiled!
« Reply #19 on: February 6, 2008, 01:09 AM »

But man, it is going to be hard for carded collectors to keep those antenna points minty.  :P

And the bubbles without rubs?  Remember how easily that plastic scratched up.  That cardback sure looks like they're reusing that type of bubble again (ROTS).
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
« Reply #20 on: February 6, 2008, 02:41 AM »
If you read the "Clone Wars" section of the Q&A Hasbro says agian and again that "fans don't prefer the animtaed style" of figures.  Yes, they were referring to the Cartoon Network Clone Wars, but that marketing reseach will carry over to the new line.

Honestly, I'd love it of they were animated style.  They would be somthing very different, but I would bet my Wookie that they'll be in the "traditional" realistic style.

Well, I don't have a Wookiee to bet (I bent mine), but if I did, I'd be going all in on "animated."

Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks, won't we?
« Last Edit: February 6, 2008, 02:48 AM by Matt »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 6, 2008, 09:20 AM »

Well, I don't have a Wookiee to bet (I bent mine), but if I did, I'd be going all in on "animated."

Guess we'll find out in a couple of weeks, won't we?

Again, not soon enough. It's madness I tell you! Madness....lol
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline ruiner

• Jedi Master
  • raised to be lowered
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2008, 05:00 PM »

Me too. 

Why else would they do a complete redesign of the packaging?  If the style of the figures were 'realistic,' wouldn't they use the current 30AC style (currently being used for TFU)?

Offline Nathan

• Jedi Knight
  • Destroying the hobby one EU figure at a time.
    • View Profile
    • The Clone Wars Unofficial Site (in carbonite)
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2008, 06:28 PM »
^ Sure but that same question could be asked with respect to ROTS switching from the then-current OTC style cards to the Vader helmets.

ROTS was new and special and outside of the "normal" figure line; CW3D is new and special and outside of the "normal" figure line. It's just an aesthetic decision I think.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 06:29 PM by Nathan »
Twitter: @OKeefeNathan
Blog: Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Fanboy (in carbonite since '09, back someday)