Collectibles > The Clone Wars '08-'13

Clone Wars Figures to Have Action Features

<< < (5/5)

Pete_Fett:
I think most of the action features will turn out to be in the accessories. Didn't we get a spy report that a lot of the figures were super-articulated to some degree?

I could see them re-using the Quick Draw clone body from ROTS - that figure had a solid action feature that didn't affect the overall articulation of the figure. It didn't have any torso articulation, but that's a minor trade-off. Same thing goes with the lightsaber slashing action (which is really the same mechanism).

I'm okay with things staying on that level. It's when you get to "Spin Kick Obi-Wan" or "Flying Through the Air Yoda" that it gets ridiculous 'cause the features NEVER work.

Darth_Anton:

--- Quote from: Dressel Rebel on February 15, 2008, 07:26 PM ---So if I gathered all this correctly:

1.  They're $7.99/each
2.  They're kinda animated looking
3.  They have action features

Um....what about this did Hasbro think we might be interested in?

Looks like I'm gonna save a whole lot of cash this year.

--- End quote ---

Well said. However, with that said, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess we're not the target market for this sub-line.

DoctorPadawan:
Count me amongst the unenthused for the line now that it appears it will have "animated" heads and action features.  I think that the only way I could buy into this line fully at this point would be if they:

A-Had the action features integrated into the accessories (as rumored) and not the actual figure

and

B-Included a realistic head along with the animated style head (after all, with their new ball-joint head thing, there's no reason why that couldn't be done easily, especially at a higher price point)

It kind of saddens me because I was really looking forward to this line.  By the sounds of it, though, it looks to be the SW equivalent of Power Rangers.  :-\

Jesse James:

--- Quote ---I think most of the action features will turn out to be in the accessories. Didn't we get a spy report that a lot of the figures were super-articulated to some degree?
--- End quote ---

Yes you did, right here... ;)

I guess Yoda was missing from the items our sources spotted, as the rest appear to be super articulated, and the action features are built to the accessory over the figure (for the most part anyway it appears).  That's good, if you're into them overall as figures, however I think the action feature issue will take a HUGE backseat to the stylized sculpting on these.  Anyway, I'm glad to see the rumor reports held up pretty well, and that I can pretty safely say I'm saving some moolah in 2008 that I otherwise was planning on spending.

Whew!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version