Author Topic: Clone Wars Figures to Have Action Features  (Read 7554 times)

Offline ctonra

• Jedi Initiate
  • J316
    • View Profile
Re: Clone Wars Figures to Have Action Features
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2008, 05:03 PM »
Doesn't the show start on the 17th?   I went to the ToyFair web page and it has it as from the 17th to the 20th.   Which is Sunday.
Stimpy, sometimes your wealth of ignorance astounds me.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2008, 05:52 PM »
Doesn't the show start on the 17th?   I went to the ToyFair web page and it has it as from the 17th to the 20th.   Which is Sunday.

There is an early bird event Saturday night. I've got a friend going to it. He says it's supposed to be a 5 hour thing. I don't know any other details though, except...NO photography. (Of course :(  )
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2008, 07:26 PM »
So if I gathered all this correctly:

1.  They're $7.99/each
2.  They're kinda animated looking
3.  They have action features

Um....what about this did Hasbro think we might be interested in?

Looks like I'm gonna save a whole lot of cash this year.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 07:26 PM by Dressel Rebel »
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2008, 10:40 PM »
I see this will save me much cash too, as I'm not pleased with the price hike. The action feature thing depending on how it's done with make or brake this line. Not a fan of the action features, so this will be a big factor on what I will get if anything at $8 each. On the cartoony factor, I'll have to reserve judgement until I see pictures ;).

As for vehicles, I already cut all the not scale items out. Even if they don't look right, but might be scale I don't buy. Vehicles in themselves are not that great. Most are to toyish for me and there is not enough cool things, ie access panels, engine access, etc to make them attractive to me. How they even work the pack-ins now a days even is not a selling point to me, as sometime down the road the pack-in will be carded or reused somewhere ::).

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 02:02 AM »
The show's starting Saturday afternoon.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 02:36 AM »
I think most of the action features will turn out to be in the accessories. Didn't we get a spy report that a lot of the figures were super-articulated to some degree?

I could see them re-using the Quick Draw clone body from ROTS - that figure had a solid action feature that didn't affect the overall articulation of the figure. It didn't have any torso articulation, but that's a minor trade-off. Same thing goes with the lightsaber slashing action (which is really the same mechanism).

I'm okay with things staying on that level. It's when you get to "Spin Kick Obi-Wan" or "Flying Through the Air Yoda" that it gets ridiculous 'cause the features NEVER work.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 10:20 AM »
So if I gathered all this correctly:

1.  They're $7.99/each
2.  They're kinda animated looking
3.  They have action features

Um....what about this did Hasbro think we might be interested in?

Looks like I'm gonna save a whole lot of cash this year.

Well said. However, with that said, I'm going to go out on a limb and guess we're not the target market for this sub-line.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 11:47 AM »
Count me amongst the unenthused for the line now that it appears it will have "animated" heads and action features.  I think that the only way I could buy into this line fully at this point would be if they:

A-Had the action features integrated into the accessories (as rumored) and not the actual figure

and

B-Included a realistic head along with the animated style head (after all, with their new ball-joint head thing, there's no reason why that couldn't be done easily, especially at a higher price point)

It kind of saddens me because I was really looking forward to this line.  By the sounds of it, though, it looks to be the SW equivalent of Power Rangers.  :-\

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2008, 01:49 PM »
I think most of the action features will turn out to be in the accessories. Didn't we get a spy report that a lot of the figures were super-articulated to some degree?

Yes you did, right here... ;)

I guess Yoda was missing from the items our sources spotted, as the rest appear to be super articulated, and the action features are built to the accessory over the figure (for the most part anyway it appears).  That's good, if you're into them overall as figures, however I think the action feature issue will take a HUGE backseat to the stylized sculpting on these.  Anyway, I'm glad to see the rumor reports held up pretty well, and that I can pretty safely say I'm saving some moolah in 2008 that I otherwise was planning on spending.

Whew!
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77