Author Topic: TLC "Hoth Recon Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 19634 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Hoth Battle Pack
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 04:43 PM »
I was thinking that 3PO body as well by the hands, but yeah that's a tough one to tell at this point.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2008, 04:50 PM »
It could also be a 4-LOM body. It is really hard to tell in that little image but I almost think I can make out articulated elbows...

You maybe right on that, also the hands look "open" like it could hold a blaster like 4-LOM can.

I'm leaning 4-LOM now.  :P
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2008, 06:09 PM »
No way.  We're getting two Hoth Han's w/ the hood up (there's one in the droid factory sets too) and on top of that, this one comes with one of my all time wanted R5's.  I guess I'm not cutting back so much after all...

Offline Muftak

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Cardboard Entrepreneur
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2008, 08:28 PM »
It could also be a 4-LOM body. It is really hard to tell in that little image but I almost think I can make out articulated elbows...

You maybe right on that, also the hands look "open" like it could hold a blaster like 4-LOM can.

That K-3PO isn't based off of 4-LOM...he's got a different look in the torso and shoulders from the standard 3PO. I'm still leaning towards the pull-apart AOTC Threepio.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2008, 08:39 PM »
This looks like a nice battle pack to me too.  I'm glad we're actually getting that hood up version of Han, and I've been wanting to get a Probe Droid for awhile and have been waiting to see if we'd get a re-release.  Like it was mentioned, it must not be "exclusive" either, so hopefully it won't be tough to find.  Expensive year indeed.

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 16, 2008, 08:55 PM »

SHIITE that is a NICE set!
Hood up Han (different coat color than the Droid factory 2-pack?)
Is that a NEW probe droid I see?! If so, AWESOME!
I'm really digging that R5 droid.
Much improved K-3PO
Only dud for me might be the Chewie.

That won't be enough to keep me from getting it.

Put me down for one!

Good set Hasbro, thanks!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2008, 11:00 PM »
MEGA BUY. Early Bird Chewie, a cool astromech, a new Protocol droid with the ultimate protocol body, a new (?) Probe Droid and Hoth Han WITH THE HOOD! I couldn't ask for a better Battle Pack.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2008, 06:14 AM »

That K-3PO isn't based off of 4-LOM...he's got a different look in the torso and shoulders from the standard 3PO. I'm still leaning towards the pull-apart AOTC Threepio.

I'd agree it isn't 4-Lom. But I'm sure that it isn't pull apart AOTC Threepio either, that version doesn't have articulate knees or a jointed wait. I think it is possible this may be one of the newish BAF droid sculpts.

"This is the way."

Offline Dan

• Jedi Knight
  • Got some
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2008, 07:15 AM »
With the lack of hydraulic pistons at the elbow joints, it sure looks 4-LOM-Y to me. I hope they keep the price on the battle packs at $20- but if figures go up to 7.50 +, it is going to be easier and easier for them to justify a price hike on these. At $20, I like it quite a bit. At $25, it is a good deal for those who don't have a lot of these characters already, but I would probably leave it at that price. An astromech and some upgrades isn't worth $25 + to me

Offline evenflow

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2008, 08:43 AM »
With that close up shot you can see that the probe droid looks much better than the earlier release. Look sless cartoon like, i am downtfor this set.
Quote the Raven, Nevermore.

"It Can't Rain All The TIme"

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 17, 2008, 09:27 AM »
Maybe that K-3PO uses the C-3PO Endor Throne sculpt? That would definitely fit with all of the articulation we see.
Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 17, 2008, 11:29 AM »
With the lack of hydraulic pistons at the elbow joints, it sure looks 4-LOM-Y to me.

I'm pretty sure I see elbow pistons on that last, larger pic.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 17, 2008, 11:33 AM »
That K-3PO looks like the Ewok Deity version of C-3PO if you ask me.  Look at the wires in the mid-section.  The wires there were straight for that version of Threepio, and they appear to be the same way for K-3PO.  And yay!  Finally K-3PO doesn't have battle damage.

This entire Battle Pack is a winner in my book.  Very nice paint work on the probe droid.  We FINALLY get an R5-M2.  We get Han with hood up in brown.  And Early Bird Chewbacca finally gets reissued.  Great figures all the way 'round.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JangoTat

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2008, 11:47 AM »
the k3po actually looks like a battledroid c3po repainted with ball jointed legs. atleast thats what i think because it looks like the have the exact same arms.
School has been on strike all month. so much for the summer job I was hoping to get D:

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2008, 02:51 PM »
that K-3po does look like AOTC 3po torso with the ewok diety legs. I definely buying this battle pack, you can't beat a set with Hood Up Han, EB Chewie (best Chewie ever), K-3po (which I don't have, never found him at retail), R5 unit, and an Probe Droid (the droid to me looks like the same version from 96 with updated paint job. you can see the end of the missile on him)