Author Topic: TLC "Hoth Recon Patrol" Battle Pack  (Read 19635 times)

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
Re: TLC "Hoth Recon Patrol" Battle Pack
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 11:19 PM »
Where is Jedi insider getting there info from?

They're insiders. DUH! :P

:-*
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline Reid

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2008, 12:29 AM »
Where is Jedi insider getting there info from?

They're insiders. DUH! :P

:-*

Ba dum chh!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2008, 09:24 AM »
Cracked this puppy open yesterday - very decent set. I like the K-3PO with his jointed knees and the R5 unit is great. I was surprised that the snow dusting was pretty light on Chewie and the Probe-droid is decent with his new paint job. Han is decent, but has two things of note - pink gloves (at the wrists) and his goggles are glued to his face. I got them out, but I still have to remove the glue.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2008, 11:07 AM »
Wow, surprised that the goggles are glued since the pic on the back shows it in a different position.  I was waiting for this Han, but I broke down and got the droid factory version anyway, and I'm pleased with it.  I think the blue is so negligible that it isn't very obvious.  I think the R5 droid is what I look forward to the most with this set.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2008, 12:28 PM »
This is a great battle pack, especially at $20.  I'm digging the K-3PO and R5 and I was really surprised at how nice the Probot is...especially with the new play feature (to me at least) of the hidden guns in the head.  I think they almost nailed the blue/brownish look of Han and Chewie is Chewie...I'd recommend buying this baby if you see it...

Offline Rob

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Elder
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2008, 05:38 PM »
I finally found this one today.  Nice set... the droids make it worth the purchase.  It's nice to see some new figures being sprinkled into the BP's now.

I could do without the Chewbacca.

Offline Daigo-Bah

• Jedi Apprentice
  • What a desolate place this is...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2008, 12:37 AM »
I bought this set yesterday, and it's a mixed bag for me.  Objectively, this set is fantastic with a correct color and hooded Han, a new R5 droid, an articulated K-3PO, the great EB Chewie sculpt, and a repainted Probot (which hasn't been on shelves for a decade or so?).  Subjectively, though, the R5 is the only new thing for me.  I have the hood down Han and the blue hood up version, the original K-3PO has a hand that can hold items (I have him holding his device in front of a tactical screen), I have a couple EB Chewies, and the Probot's original color seems to be more film accurate than the new chrome type.  So, I'm not ecstatic over this like I will be for the Yavin set, but it's great for a quick build of a Hoth scene.
Greg Reeves

My *New* top 3 most desired figures: 1) Yerka Mig; 2) Uncle Owen; 3) Hoth Luke

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 5, 2008, 09:13 AM »
The more I think about it, they should have use parts from the new Legacy Chewie for this set. The wind swept look is very cool and very appropriate.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 7, 2008, 06:55 PM »
I've seen this BP a few times now but keep passing on it. I thought it would be a for sure buy but I was disappointed that the Han coat wasn't brown like I remember seeing in protos. I guess I could still pick it up and think of it as a $10 probe Droid and 2 $5 droids with a free Han and Chewie.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 7, 2008, 06:57 PM »
These things are quickly piling up in my neck of the woods, but the Speederbike sets are a consistent sell through.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 8, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Of course, there's two of these to a case as opposed the one each of the speeder bikes.  :P

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 8, 2008, 06:07 PM »
Anyone have this set yet? Any review on it they want to share? I'm interested in the Probe Droid and how Hasbro changed it, if any other than paint.

roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 8, 2008, 11:38 PM »
I saw this one when down south and I actually did not pick it up.  I was looking forward to it, but the Han looked quite bad in all the sets (all 3 of them) I saw.  The droids/probot did look good, but I really was looking forward to that Han and wasn't happy with what I saw. :-\
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 9, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Anyone have this set yet? Any review on it they want to share? I'm interested in the Probe Droid and how Hasbro changed it, if any other than paint.

roron corobb

It's a very decent set. The probe droid is strictly a re-paint, nothing modified to the mold. Of note of the re-painted Han, the goggles are glued in. Chewie's re-paint is nothing special, a bit too light IMO. The R5 is perfect and the protocol droid is decent, but it would have been nice if it had used the new DAB articulation.

Offline roron corobb

• Jedi Padawan
  • May the Force be with You
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 10, 2008, 12:24 AM »

roron corobb

It's a very decent set. The probe droid is strictly a re-paint, nothing modified to the mold. Of note of the re-painted Han, the goggles are glued in. Chewie's re-paint is nothing special, a bit too light IMO. The R5 is perfect and the protocol droid is decent, but it would have been nice if it had used the new DAB articulation.

Thanks Anton. I wish the Probe Droid was changed to remove the action feature it had back in the POTF2 line. It just didn't look very good. Also got to see a good picture of this set on Rebelscum today. I think Hasbro should have used the head of the sandstorm Chewy for this. Would have looked much better IMO. Totally agree on the wintering of Chewy too. I'll most likely get this set if I see it.
roron corobb
I'm one of the most well-regarded Ithorian Jedi Masters, having trained as Yarael Poof's Padawan. Roron Corobb
my feedback link