Author Topic: CW Homing Spider Droid  (Read 19278 times)

Offline Pete_Fett

• Jedi Knight
  • Jedi Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Homing Spider Droid!
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 12:14 AM »
Wow! I knew the Turbo Tank was big, but I didn't realize it was THAT BIG!

Peter

Letting my collecting OCD get the better of me on a DAILY basis... and loving EVERY minute of it!

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 09:08 AM »
Seriously.

Love that comparison poster, thanks.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 19, 2008, 11:28 AM »
How expensive do you think a Turbo Tank would be if Hasbro released it? And hasn't it been said that Hasbro was planning on releasing it and had an unfinished sculpt? Now that the AT-TE's coming, everyone's gonna want this, just watch.  ;)
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 19, 2008, 12:00 PM »
I posted this on another site, but I'll paraphrase it here:

Instead of it being a toy, I contend with what I've been proposing for sometime now that it be a toy chest instead. Now with two cockpits for drivers/gunners and a detachable "crow's nest" on the top. (To make it easy to put toys in
This would fill the desire for the vehicle to a point and also have the added bonus of being useful as a storage unit for toys for kids. AND it could still have wheels to make it easy to move about with toys inside.

In this instance the rolling toy chest could be done affordable as there wouldn't be anywhere near as much tooling for this as there was for the AT-TE.

We're not talking about complete accuracy here either with the toy chest Turbo Tank. But it can be BIG. No electronics, no lights. Limited moving parts. That would help keep costs down.
The toy chest idea has some merit as it's functional as well as a "toy" to a small degree.

-Sal
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2008, 12:48 PM »
I could see them doing a Turbo Tank for around $100.00 too, if the AT-TE does well.  They'd just need to keep the size of it down to make it comparable to the AT-TE.  Anything much bigger than that would just be too big for most people to even find room for (or afford).

Offline JACKOFTRADZE

• Jedi Knight
  • The Battle Rages On!!!
    • View Profile
    • JCKOFTRADZE Customs
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2008, 12:28 PM »
Wow! I knew the Turbo Tank was big, but I didn't realize it was THAT BIG!

Holy Crap that is big, like Death Star Big. I never knew the Sandcrawlers were suppose to be bigger than an AT-AT. I guess it makes sense since they are entire villages of Jawas in there.

Rune, great pic!
My Customs & Collection Blog:
http://jackoftradze.blogspot.com/

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2008, 03:24 PM »
That picture's not entirely accurate...  It's going off measurements listed that are completely wrong for some of the vehicle's heights.  I can tell just to look at the AT-ST/AT-AT that the AT-AT is wrong, and is going by the inaccurate 15 meter height, where the films show it to be at least 20 meters, a pretty substantial difference.  I believe the Incredible Cross Sections lists the AT-AT at its appropriate height (like 22.4m).

Not sure on the Juggernaught...  Depending on what source you go by, it varies.  The AT-AT and Juggernaught would be pretty close in height (sans crow's nest on the Jug) I believe though.

Look at the AT-ST and AT-AT, then imagine the scene with the AT-ST in ESB, and imagine how small that was compared to the legs of an AT-AT.  That picture doesn't jive unfortunately.

The Sandcrawler is pretty huge though, and actually would come comparably close to the size of an AT-AT...  I've seen scale models of both (same scale) done and they're quite similar in height, but not width.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #37 on: February 24, 2008, 08:26 PM »
I agree Jesse, and the Fedaration Tank Droid looks way to big.  In ROTS, the battle drioids were riding on it, and were almost as tall as it.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 01:24 AM »
Exactly Mike, I hadn't even looked at that closely...  WAY too big.  Hell, two Wookiee's are on the "drive wheel" portion in the center planting the bomb, and they practically take up 3/4 of the wheel's overall size, and Wookiee's are big, but not that big...  That chart's all over the place and pretty off in general.  The tank droid's pretty small overall, so yeah, that's just not a good gauge.

I think there's a couple types of juggernaughts listed (not sure why, probably covering up the "Juggernaught/Turbo Tank" screw-up in naming), but regardless, there's other vehicles there that just aren't right regardless of what texts say.  Film examination shows AT-AT's were intended to be a LOT bigger, and that even carried over between films so it was pretty intentional.

Snail/Tank Droid must have a big brother if that thing is "accurate", haha.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2008, 01:42 AM »
Who found it? :o

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2008, 09:03 AM »
Probably some Canadian.  :P   ;D

Anyway, very impressive. We're certainly getting our money's worth.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: CW Homing Spider Droid
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2008, 10:26 AM »
That's a great shot.

This is pretty close to scale. I had planned on getting 4 before seeing this. Now that is confirmed!

Good job Hasbro!
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline David

• Jedi Knight
  • EchoBaseNews.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2008, 05:22 PM »
Awesome!
David Delgado
Owner
EchoBaseNews.com
Keeping Star Wars Cool Since 2008!

Offline nheimbigner

• Youngling
  • clone 5x
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 7, 2008, 01:31 PM »
cool these things are out already! :) :D 8)
.o0O0o.

Offline Rune Haako

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 9, 2008, 07:29 PM »
It has a cockpit.